Vitamin B6 (P5P) Functions As A PPI

haidut

Forum Supporter
If I am reading this right, P5P acts like a PPI. This would explain some of the protective effects of P5P on stress-induced gastric ulcers in animals and men.

http://www.jbc.org/content/263/8/3652.long

"...Pig gastric membrane vesicles enriched in (H++K+)-ATPase were covalently modified with pyridoxal-5'- phosphate (PLP). The modification resulted in inhibition of K+-dependent ATP hydrolysis, formation of phosphoenzyme and ATP-driven H+-uptake catalyzed by (H+ +K+)-ATPase. ATP, ADP, and adenyl-5-ylimidodiphosphate were protective ligands, whereas Mg+ and K+ were not."

Philomath

Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a group of drugs whose main action is a pronounced and long-lasting reduction of gastric acid production. They are the most potent inhibitors of acid secretion available.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
paymanz said:
what is PPI?

PPI = Proton Pump Inhibitor. These are second-generation drugs that block stomach acid production and are used to treat GERD and ulcers.

docall18

PPI = Proton Pump Inhibitor. These are second-generation drugs that block stomach acid production and are used to treat GERD and ulcers.

So would b6 then have the negative effects of PPI,s. ie lowered stomach acid, cancer causing?

Spartan300

Confused..... Most people here battling hypo symptoms, one of which is low stomach acid & P5P is one of the things recommended for hypo?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So would b6 then have the negative effects of PPI,s. ie lowered stomach acid, cancer causing?

The cancer causing effects of PPI are mostly through inhibition of steroid synthesis, and depletion of magnesium and calcium. These all have profound negative systemic effects. The studies with B6 so far found only protective effects against cancer.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Confused..... Most people here battling hypo symptoms, one of which is low stomach acid & P5P is one of the things recommended for hypo?

I think in the doses that Peat recommends (5mg daily) it does not have any negative effect on acid production. The study above was meant more as something interesting to think about. Not avoid B6 because it is like a PPI.

Mr Joe

Why would someone like to have same benefits as PPI considering that reducing acid is not wanted ?

Mr Joe

Somebody is looking into reducing stomach acid and now he can take harmless P5P instead of toxic crap. Might be you one day.
I think you didn't get my question. Nothing bad inside, I know PPI are crap and evil to give to people to reduce acid. The thing I don't understand is that considering mainstream benefitcs of PPI comes from "reducing the acid" so if P5P has similar benefits is it reducing the acid as well ? But after reading again the full article it seems that it's not that so I get it It think :) Just saying "same benefits as" suppose that PPI has some benefits and wanted to know what are they.

Michael Mohn

I think you didn't get my question. Nothing bad inside, I know PPI are crap and evil to give to people to reduce acid. The thing I don't understand is that considering mainstream benefitcs of PPI comes from "reducing the acid" so if P5P has similar benefits is it reducing the acid as well ? But after reading again the full article it seems that it's not that so I get it It think :) Just saying "same benefits as" suppose that PPI has some benefits and wanted to know what are they.
The medical reasoning for acid reflux is flawed.
It's not because of excess acid that you feel a burning in your throat and mouth when burping.
It's your peristalsis (movement of the intestines) that goes into reverse gear, you're literally vomiting in slow motion, probably due to excess serotonin.

B6 is involved in serotonin production and indirectly in insulin production. It's not obvious yet why B6 supplementation has beneficial action because B6 is considered pro serotonin but also pro dopamine. Vitamin B6 deficiency disrupts serotonin signaling in pancreatic islets and induces gestational diabetes in mice - PubMed

joaquin

Its not good to ever take isolated vitamins. First there seems to be a beneficial effect .. and then it gradually throws the system into imbalance. Serenity now, insanity later.

Mr Joe

Its not good to ever take isolated vitamins. First there seems to be a beneficial effect .. and then it gradually throws the system into imbalance. Serenity now, insanity later.

If you are lucky enough to get good quality food, good environement and the health that allows you to take all nutriments from food yes. If you have B1 deficiency for example due to alcohol abuse or so food won't change anything and food quality brand vitamin helps. Lot of documents showing that B3 or B2, B2 etc.. can reverse several diseases.

joaquin

If you are lucky enough to get good quality food, good environement and the health that allows you to take all nutriments from food yes. If you have B1 deficiency for example due to alcohol abuse or so food won't change anything and food quality brand vitamin helps. Lot of documents showing that B3 or B2, B2 etc.. can reverse several diseases.
Serenity now.

Insanity later.

Mr Joe

Serenity now.

Insanity later.

Niacinamide treats kidney failure (even without other B vitamins as supps). If ATP is restored after treating the kidney with isolated b3 I see more this like "Sick now, Serenity after".

joaquin

Niacinamide treats kidney failure (even without other B vitamins as supps). If ATP is restored after treating the kidney with isolated b3 I see more this like "Sick now, Serenity after".
I use about 50 mg of Niacinamide two or three times a week. I have heard that it needs to be with thiamine but I can't use benfotiamine as it makes me restless at night.

Mr Joe

I use about 50 mg of Niacinamide two or three times a week. I have heard that it needs to be with thiamine but I can't use benfotiamine as it makes me restless at night.
It really depends on the situation. Some people went to 3/4 g B3 daily with only constipation as side effect (maybe due to serotonin antagonism). Some took high dose B6 to inhibit excessive prolactin secretion and some needs very high dose thiamine (or lower allithiamine) to reverse/help with fribromiaglya. Drink alcohol is known to deplete B1 and Nad/nadh ratio (which b3 restores). But some people do best on 30 mg some do best only with mixture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom