Vitamin B2 Inactivates RNA And DNA Viruses In 20 Minutes

Peatogenic

Am I reading this study incorrectly? Shouldn't this be big news? I'm not a scientist.

Controlled inactivation of recombinant viruses with vitamin B2. - PubMed - NCBI

I started taking B2 about 4 months ago because of research on rosacea. I started with a small dose and noticed improvements right away. After a couple weeks I noticed persistent spots on my face going away as well as elimination of all other rosacea symptoms. I noticed this was particularly effective when my diet was in check. Now I can take up to 900mg and eat almost anything without my skin suffering.

So I came back to B2 today after recently researching herpesviruses. Does this study really mean that B2 can inactivate viruses. I've,come across other studies where it's been shown to even inactivate HIV as well as treat AIDS.

If this is true, couldn't B2 be an effective antiviral? I know that caffeine has been studied alongside pharmaceutical antivirals, but not B2.

AnonE

Semi related: I think B2 is giving me amazing erections these days. My girl thinks I got "bigger", no lie. And I'm lasting longer too. Sorry to be so explicit. But I think it's doing something really good for sexual function, which is very energy intensive (heh).

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

isn't b2 known for increasing tumor growth?

I could only find one study which showed excess b2 causing lung cancer proliferation, and another study showing it to be anti-tumor/breast cancer.

Jing

Semi related: I think B2 is giving me amazing erections these days. My girl thinks I got "bigger", no lie. And I'm lasting longer too. Sorry to be so explicit. But I think it's doing something really good for sexual function, which is very energy intensive (heh).
How much do you take?

GAF

Riboflavin combined with uv light is used for blood purification by the blood companies.

Aad

Interesting

@Peatogenic this is very interesting, thanks for bringing it to the forum. Was there a brand of B2 you found that worked well for you? And were the spots those lipofuscin spots or something else?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals