Vitamin B1 Screwed Over My Benzo Taper Need Help

TreasureVibe

Hi all, so I took vitamin b1 100 mg and now I wake up with anxiety every single day while on my Valium taper, the anxiety remains the whole day what should I do?

alywest

Why do u assume it’s the b1 and not the taper itself? Have you tried bag breathing when you wake up with anxiety?

CoconutEffect

Why are you tapering during corona?

Vit B1 makes me seriously depressed @haidut your 2cents ? This person is suffering. B1 seems to ramp up acetylcholine systems or something, in the way that choline makes a subset of people seriously depressed.

Gaba drugs seem to oppose this, which from what I understand is the pathophysiology of learned helplessness.

All hands on deck for @TreasureVibe RP community, why are you tapering now?

Sofia

1-2 grams theanine per day. It goes like every 2 hours 200 mg. Or according to the need. Not long term probably, for few weeks.

EIRE24

Strange that B1 seemed to cause anxiety. It actually did the opposite for me. I feel like B1 has given me some quality of life back.

What brand are you taking?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Why do u assume it’s the b1 and not the taper itself? Have you tried bag breathing when you wake up with anxiety?
It was clearly from the day I took b1 that my symptoms suddenly flared up being anxiety and restlessness, before that day I didn't have these symptoms. I haven't tried bag breathing yet. I will try that! The anxiety persists throughout the midday.

Why are you tapering during corona?

Vit B1 makes me seriously depressed @haidut your 2cents ? This person is suffering. B1 seems to ramp up acetylcholine systems or something, in the way that choline makes a subset of people seriously depressed.

Gaba drugs seem to oppose this, which from what I understand is the pathophysiology of learned helplessness.

All hands on deck for @TreasureVibe RP community, why are you tapering now?
I started my taper just before the Corona crisis at the end of February, it happened to occur while I was in the middle of my taper. What supplements could lower the acetylcholine systems?

1-2 grams theanine per day. It goes like every 2 hours 200 mg. Or according to the need. Not long term probably, for few weeks.
I will try the theanine!

Strange that B1 seemed to cause anxiety. It actually did the opposite for me. I feel like B1 has given me some quality of life back.

What brand are you taking?
I took the NOW brand and later a Dutch brand which didn't contain magnesium stearate but rice extract. I thought at first it was the magnesium stearate that made my anxiety flare up, I'm not so sure now. The B1 might've caused something else in my body chemically like the acetylcholine system as was mentioned earlier to go up, causing this anxiety.

Please help me out guys, the anxiety is very bad today! I'm thinking of taking extra valium.

I took NAC to see if that would help, I'll report back on it.

Hi all, so I took vitamin b1 100 mg and now I wake up with anxiety every single day while on my Valium taper, the anxiety remains the whole day what should I do?

Low Dose all other B-vitamins?It isnt good practice to supplement just one.Reduce Calcium intake if you can
without sacrificing Macro-intakes,and increase Magnesium as Citrate,dissolved in a large Body of water,to
3x300mg/d.GABA and Glutamate and NMDA is about loss of control of Ca-signalling.You need the other Bs to convert Glutamate to GABA. How is the taper itself proceeding?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Low Dose all other B-vitamins?It isnt good practice to supplement just one.Reduce Calcium intake if you can
without sacrificing Macro-intakes,and increase Magnesium as Citrate,dissolved in a large Body of water,to
3x300mg/d.GABA and Glutamate and NMDA is about loss of control of Ca-signalling.You need the other Bs to convert Glutamate to GABA. How is the taper itself proceeding?
I just took n-acetyl cysteine 600mg a hour ago and it made my anxiety go away completely! I took another dose of 600mg and feel a bit mucky in the head but the anxiety is gone!

The taper itself is going good, I'm on 2.5 mg of valium in the morning at 9 am and 5 mg of valium in the evening at 9 pm. Plan to lower the evening dose to 2.5 mg in the upcoming weeks.

Ill low dose the other b vitamins!

I'm very wary of magnesium, as I had a bad anxiety reaction to magnesium oxide. What makes magnesium citrate good for benzo withdrawal? I saw some people on the benzo buddies forum use it.

Anders86

B1 could have created gut issues?

Niacinamide should be #1 supplement because of it`s effects and safety.

And Carrot.

I just took n-acetyl cysteine 600mg a hour ago and it made my anxiety go away completely! I took another dose of 600mg and feel a bit mucky in the head but the anxiety is gone!

The taper itself is going good, I'm on 2.5 mg of valium in the morning at 9 am and 5 mg of valium in the evening at 9 pm. Plan to lower the evening dose to 2.5 mg in the upcoming weeks.

Ill low dose the other b vitamins!

I'm very wary of magnesium, as I had a bad anxiety reaction to magnesium oxide. What makes magnesium citrate good for benzo withdrawal? I saw some people on the benzo buddies forum use it.

Magnesium Oxide has at least no Bioavailability at all.Magnesium Citrate is the form of Magnesium you would get by ingesting Plants.I dont share Peats view in regard to Niacinamide as something so precious.
If someone takes a look at schemes of putative B-dependent enzymes,it becomes clear that all Bs are of utmost importance,Megadosing just one,without at least heightened background intake of all others, is an Amateur-mistake.It is like not understanding clockwork or its transmission system.B-Complex is a worthy Name for it,as worthy as medical-industrial-complex is a worthy name for another thing.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

B1 could have created gut issues?

Niacinamide should be #1 supplement because of it`s effects and safety.

And Carrot.
Could my anxiety be caused by gut issues?

Niacinamide gave me a strange feeling in the head in high doses while tapering off the benzos. I think it detoxed the benzo which is not beneficial.
Magnesium Oxide has at least no Bioavailability at all.Magnesium Citrate is the form of Magnesium you would get by ingesting Plants.I dont share Peats view in regard to Niacinamide as something so precious.
If someone takes a look at schemes of putative B-dependent enzymes,it becomes clear that all Bs are of utmost importance,Megadosing just one,without at least heightened background intake of all others, is an Amateur-mistake.It is like not understanding clockwork or its transmission system.B-Complex is a worthy Name for it,as worthy as medical-industrial-complex is a worthy name for another thing.
How would magnesium aid with the benzo withdrawal? I've heard mixed reports about it for benzo withdrawal on the benzo buddies forum.

I'll take a b complex!

Could my anxiety be caused by gut issues?

Niacinamide gave me a strange feeling in the head in high doses while tapering off the benzos. I think it detoxed the benzo which is not beneficial.

How would magnesium aid with the benzo withdrawal? I've heard mixed reports about it for benzo withdrawal on the benzo buddies forum.

I'll take a b complex!

"How would magnesium aid with the benzo withdrawal?"

Mg opposes Calciums signal efforts by reducing the magnitude and frequency of signal send,lessening the excitotoxicity that is confered by lessening of GABAergic communication and undue excitation that results
from withdrawal of sedatives.

Kingpinguin

if you dont enjoy the taper then slow it down. Worst case increase your dose a tad bit. Let your body adjust. This is completely normal. You just need to go slower. Sometimes people get stuck on a dosage. And you have to fix that first and get comfortable. Then later continue. Dont stress something that can give your seizure.

alywest

I personally have found that panic and high anxiety are very similar states to serotonin syndrome, so cypro could be quite beneficial. Take a low dose if you can get it and plan to sleep a lot the next day. Also, plan to eat a lot. You will be hungry.

if you dont enjoy the taper then slow it down. Worst case increase your dose a tad bit. Let your body adjust. This is completely normal. You just need to go slower. Sometimes people get stuck on a dosage. And you have to fix that first and get comfortable. Then later continue. Dont stress something that can give your seizure.

This is good advice.The sedative withdrawal can go on for a time,which isnt a problem,
metabolic toxicity of Benzodiazepines is very low.

Terma

When NAC works it suggests not just oxidative stress but glatamate:
The Origin and Neuronal Function of In Vivo Nonsynaptic Glutamate
N-Acetyl Cysteine in the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders: A Systematic Review
Sci-Hub | The Neural Basis of Addiction: A Pathology of Motivation and Choice. FOCUS, 5(2), 208–219 | 10.1176/foc.5.2.foc208

Suggests things like high-dose Mg2+ (this has several other effects), low-dose lithium, theanine, for some people P5P, L-serine, fasoracetam and mGlu2-3 agonists (not ideal drugs but work in emergency) unless you're willing to try harder drug swaps to taper off faster. NMDA antagonists ease symptoms but might also appear to stall a taper depending on receptor regulation:
Diazepam dependence prevented by glutamate antagonists.
Benzodiazepine-Induced Glutamate Receptor Plasticity

OP
T

TreasureVibe

"How would magnesium aid with the benzo withdrawal?"

Mg opposes Calciums signal efforts by reducing the magnitude and frequency of signal send,lessening the excitotoxicity that is confered by lessening of GABAergic communication and undue excitation that results
from withdrawal of sedatives.
Would magnesium glycinate be as helpful as magnesium citrate? I have to wait for money until I can get magnesium citrate but I have some leftover magnesium glycinate capsules here.

Yes I'm thinking of adding in more Valium..

I personally have found that panic and high anxiety are very similar states to serotonin syndrome, so cypro could be quite beneficial. Take a low dose if you can get it and plan to sleep a lot the next day. Also, plan to eat a lot. You will be hungry.
How can I get my hands on cypro?

This is good advice.The sedative withdrawal can go on for a time,which isnt a problem,
metabolic toxicity of Benzodiazepines is very low.
The withdrawal anxiety is really bad... Like you're in a constant panic attack non stop.

When NAC works it suggests not just oxidative stress but glatamate:
The Origin and Neuronal Function of In Vivo Nonsynaptic Glutamate
N-Acetyl Cysteine in the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders: A Systematic Review
Sci-Hub | The Neural Basis of Addiction: A Pathology of Motivation and Choice. FOCUS, 5(2), 208–219 | 10.1176/foc.5.2.foc208

Suggests things like high-dose Mg2+ (this has several other effects), low-dose lithium, theanine, for some people P5P, L-serine, fasoracetam and mGlu2-3 agonists (not ideal drugs but work in emergency) unless you're willing to try harder drug swaps to taper off faster. NMDA antagonists ease symptoms but might also appear to stall a taper depending on receptor regulation:
Diazepam dependence prevented by glutamate antagonists.
Benzodiazepine-Induced Glutamate Receptor Plasticity
I will definitely get magnesium citrate and will think of those other ones! Theanine is one I want to try.

Today I felt good this morning but then I ate this custard pudding which had a lot of artificial ingredients in it probably and it flared up a big anxiety episode which still isn't over. Cigarette smoking helps a little bit.

Terma

Yeah didn't do benzo withdrawal but hard phenibut and opioid withdrawals and based on that I'd assume gut is more sensitive than usual. Only problem is Mg citrate tends to go right through people. Personally that form works but only with something like oral THC to slow down the gut (but coincidentally Mg is really called for with THC, to prevent anxiety from it, although I've heard quite a few people have partial success with it during withdrawals). Otherwise I have to use topical Mg even though absorption seemed questionable. I wouldn't do well on cigarettes lol but that's you

ebs

7.5mg diazepam is not that big of a dose that will give you a seizure when you taper it.

ebs

Would magnesium glycinate be as helpful as magnesium citrate? I have to wait for money until I can get magnesium citrate but I have some leftover magnesium glycinate capsules here.

Yes I'm thinking of adding in more Valium..

How can I get my hands on cypro?

The withdrawal anxiety is really bad... Like you're in a constant panic attack non stop.

I will definitely get magnesium citrate and will think of those other ones! Theanine is one I want to try.

Today I felt good this morning but then I ate this custard pudding which had a lot of artificial ingredients in it probably and it flared up a big anxiety episode which still isn't over. Cigarette smoking helps a little bit.

I suggest to take both magnesium citrate and glycine separately. Imo magnesium citrate has a more calming effect (nmda antagonism) than mag glycinate while glycine itself is more antiserotogenic.

However, be wary that nmda antagosists can cause a paradoxical increase in withdrawal symptoms (in case the benzo is out of the body). I had an extreme withdrawal attack once when I took magnesium and zinc during oxazepam withdrawal (since I only took it at night and it has a short half-life).