Vitamin B1 in critically ill patients: needs and challenges

redsun

I'm looking at it from the standpoint of what could be a limiting factor, not from using everything where not everything is the current limiting factor though.

So if B1 happens to be the limiting factor, then it may help.

I also have temporal arteritis, which classifies as a granuloma, where the immune system in unable to kill a pathogen, and the body ends up surrounding the antigen with fiber to keep it from spreading.

This may also be the case with my keloids, which is a similar response to a pathogen-identified as mycotoxin, where the skins just wraps collagen over it. But doctors call it skin that keeps on healing and won't stop.

I came across an article that gamma interferon may be lacking (but this has to do with seborrheic dermatitis specifically, which I also have), but if they share a common cause in lacking gamma interferon, then perhaps B1 isn't the answer.

Still researching this though I'm not compiling my references together yet.

Everything can be a limiting factor. Im not saying B1 is not effective, but its more effective if you take all the cofactors. Maybe initially it can be the limiting factor, but that quickly changes if the tissues are replete in B1.

yerrag

Got it! I'll look up NAD+ kinase. Thanks

Vileplume

Did you have the same effect on the stomach regardless of taking it after meals or in-between meals?

Last night I took 1000mg of thiamine HCl before bed and it worsened my already frequent night time urination. I wanted to test the effect and it tells me I shouldn't take it at night. Maybe just spreading the dose would be good.
Today I took the 1200 mg in just two doses (before it was five doses) with a big meal both times, and it still upset my stomach, but less than before.

With the nighttime urination, I also have recently added two drops of tyromax, doubling my previous dose, so that could have impacted the urinary frequency too.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Thanks Charlie, for starting this thread...much appreciated.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Recently saw a mom report that her child who was very ill and they watched her labs closely looking for clues. The child had very high B12 and extremely low vitamin D. After starting Thiamine repletion, the B12 came down right in line with what Dr. Lonsdale says regarding B12 needs B1 to be utilized. But one interesting tidbit, her child's vitamin D had increased dramatically without any other interventions other then the B1. This is the first time I had seen that reported and definitely caught my eye.

gabys225

If everyone on this forum reporting health issues would take B1 with the necessary cofactors and get adequate red light exposure, well, I'd be curious to see how many new posts arise after the fact.

In my experience, thiamine hcl and allithiamine both work, but without adequate red light exposure you haven't activated the respiratory enzymes. Blue light inhibits them, which is extremely important to consider, as most people are awash in an ocean of blue light.

B1 without light made a marked improvement in my fatigue, but adding in red light made me say "what fatigue"?

I also always take 100mg of niacinamide with b1, and 10 drops of energin.

Just something for those who felt that B1 didn't do much.

Ben.

Recently saw a mom report that her child who was very ill and they watched her labs closely looking for clues. The child had very high B12 and extremely low vitamin D. After starting Thiamine repletion, the B12 came down right in line with what Dr. Lonsdale says regarding B12 needs B1 to be utilized. But one interesting tidbit, her child's vitamin D had increased dramatically without any other interventions other then the B1. This is the first time I had seen that reported and definitely caught my eye.

Interesting. Vitamin D supps dont seem to work for me nor does my level go up.

If everyone on this forum reporting health issues would take B1 with the necessary cofactors and get adequate red light exposure, well, I'd be curious to see how many new posts arise after the fact.

In my experience, thiamine hcl and allithiamine both work, but without adequate red light exposure you haven't activated the respiratory enzymes. Blue light inhibits them, which is extremely important to consider, as most people are awash in an ocean of blue light.

B1 without light made a marked improvement in my fatigue, but adding in red light made me say "what fatigue"?

I have thiamin as hcl and as pyrophosphate here and neither seems to do much other than making me unease/without piece. Would sunlight in the summer work too?

Are you taking taurine, vitamin c and/or tmg to to help your body /liver with the niacin/niacinamide? ( i guess your dose isnt realy high ... some people take 2-3g)

hei

I haven't felt anything from it and have been taking 1.5g along with a b complex before walking to work. Then again solar death rays are really high in blue light.

gabys225

Interesting. Vitamin D supps dont seem to work for me nor does my level go up.

I have thiamin as hcl and as pyrophosphate here and neither seems to do much other than making me unease/without piece. Would sunlight in the summer work too?

Are you taking taurine, vitamin c and/or tmg to to help your body /liver with the niacin/niacinamide? ( i guess your dose isnt realy high ... some people take 2-3g)

The closer it is to noon, the more blue light there is in the sun. This is why traditionally farmers wake up before the crack of dawn and stop working near noon, because the sunlight is simply too intense, meaning too rich in blue light. Try getting sunlight very early, or later in the afternoon to be safe.

I take vitamin C, and taurine very seldomly. Ascorbate recycles taurine. My niacinamide dose is about 200mg.

gabys225

I haven't felt anything from it and have been taking 1.5g along with a b complex before walking to work. Then again solar death rays are really high in blue light.
Would you say your actively fatigued? As in always fatigued?

If B's do nothing for you and fatigue persists it helps to look at other factors, red light being one of them. Potassium would be another that is very important and easily overlooked.

hei

Would you say your actively fatigued? As in always fatigued?

If B's do nothing for you and fatigue persists it helps to look at other factors, red light being one of them. Potassium would be another that is very important and easily overlooked.
Pretty much all the time, at least to some degree. Do milk and juice have enough potassium?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Pretty much all the time, at least to some degree. Do milk and juice have enough potassium?
I find I have to add in coconut water.

Birdie

I would just mention that of the people who were working with Dr C, on the Health Unlocked Parkinsons group, the doses range from 50-4000mg of Thiamine HCl. It is quite a time consuming thing for some to find the dose that works. My husband started at 500. He is at 1500 presently. But this has taken about a year of dose trials. We are still working on the right dose.

He takes Dr Clarks which is expensive but I chose it for lack of excipients. And the gelatin capsule. He takes Magnesium and food with it as Dr C recommended. Morning 1000mg. Early afternoon 500.

The first improvement was with swallowing. He noted this with the first 500mg dose.

Dr C recommended stopping the thiamine for two weeks to adjust the dose but my husband felt so horrible without it, that we had to just do increases and decreases.

Birdie

And I am working on my own dose for Fibromyalgia symptoms.