Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin B Deficiency In Ray Peat Diet

Discussion in 'Vitamins' started by Logan-, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Logan-

Logan- Member

I know RP eats an egg every day, and eats liver and shellfish occasionally. But is this enough to get your b group vitamins?

Vitamin B content of a cooked large egg: Egg, whole, cooked, fried Nutrition Facts & Calories

Sure liver and shellfish have a lot of b-vitamins, but since b group vitamins are water soluble, they need to be eaten every day regularly to get the b-vitamins.

So what should be done about this? I know RP cares a lot about b-vitamins, especially for their effects on nervous system, metabolism, liver. How does he get his b-vitamins?

2. Cirion

Cirion Member

I use nutritional yeast almost every day now. It can be also beneficial to superdose some other B vitamins separately like Thiamine, Biotin depending on current health.

3. Bobber Anderson

Bobber Anderson Member

Orange juice? Milk? A couple of quarts of either provides plenty alongside those other foods that you speak of

4. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

Orange juice, potatoes, milk also contain some b vitamins. If you would only eat potatoes and milk, you will meet the RDA.

5. Vinero

Vinero Member

If you eat a lot of white rice and white sugar and use metabolism increasing substances such as caffeine, methylene blue, or thyroid you will quickly deplete vitamin B stores. Antibiotics can also deplete B vitamins.

6. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

You simply may not be eating enough. Out of all the vitamins, I find being deficient in b vitamins exceedingly difficult on a Peat way of eating. Liver, eggs, shellfish, milk, orange juice are some of the staples and they're all loaded with vitamins and minerals, especially the b vitamins. Vitamin k is the only nutrient that Peaters could possibly not be getting enough of, due to the strict avoidance of green vegetables. However most Peaters supplement this, so it's not a issue. Also liver does have some k in it, probably just enough to prevent an outright deficiency (can't confirm though).

7. Vinero

Vinero Member

What you are describing is an ideal Peat diet. I don't think everyone who Peats eats those foods. Many (myself included) eat a lot of refined sugar and refined starch like white rice. It's an easy way to get more carbs and avoid toxins, but can induce several nutrient deficiencies.

8. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

I don't think there's anything wrong or anti-peaty about table sugar. I eat some myself, I also drink coke pretty regularly. But I make sure I have about a tbsp. of beef liver pate everyday plus 2 eggs and a quart of 1% milk. Typically I'll also have a 16oz glass of OJ as well. I prefer potatoes and homemade tortilla chips over rice when I want starch, but I've been known to occasionally eat rice as well. Refined carbohydrates are not bad in my opinion, they just might increase your nutritional demands some.