Vitamin B Complex Supplement - Best To Buy?

How does glycine lower sleep requirements?

Specifically this was the article which arrested interest: The Effects of Glycine on Subjective Daytime Performance in Partially Sleep-Restricted Healthy Volunteers.

Participants reported less negative influence of 25% sleep reduction 3 days in a row and performed better on tests with 3g before bed than placebo group. Caution though; n=7.

Continued searching revealed quite a few articles on how glycine improves sleep quality through different mechanisms (possibly enabling reduction of sleep quantity): Glycine for Sleep: The Amino Acid of Your Dreams.

Is it a desirable change?

Well, yes, since it's too hot to sleep much anyways and there's too much daylight to want to.

Last edited:

milkboi

Absolutely, PQQ (daily) has had a massive impact on reduction of need for sleep, along with riboflavin (daily), glycine (specifically taken with a zero fat dairy + fruit juice pre-bed meal), and p5p (only once per week due to remarkable potency). Currently sleeping 6 hours per day 4x / week and 7.5 on the other 3. But it's summer so it's easy. The true test will come with winter.

I work 50 hours (white collar) and exercise 10 hours per week (8 hours weights, 2 hours cycling at nose breathing pace). I don't use thyroid or hormones.

Very cool. Can you link to the PQQ product you are using?

Frankdee20

Why not folate and B12? If these, and others I just mentioned, are not desirable, why are they put in almost all B-complex formulas?

Because most people and conventional wisdom doesn’t know their implications.... but some people don’t methylate very well and need those 2

Kray

Thanks for that- I don't know if I under- or over-methylate. The testing is expensive from what I've seen. I read that possibly 50% of the population have an imbalance. Based on some symptoms I could be undermethylated so is it necessary to utilize supplements v food-based for the methyl-Bs, folate and B12?

Last edited:

PolishSun

These look good:
OstroVit Pharma Methyl B-Complex 30 caps

OstroVit Pharma Homocysteine Level Aid 60 caps

eng_pl_OstroVit-Pharma-Methyl-B-Complex-30-caps-25469_1.png
eng_pl_OstroVit-Pharma-Homocysteine-Level-Aid-60-caps-25468_1.png

Frankdee20

Best one I ever used was Douglas Labs B Complex with Metafolin and Intrinsic Factor.... Expensive, but they made me feel sharp as a tack, and put pep in my step.... I also liked Pure Encapsulations B complex Plus, but 2 of those per day gave me anxiety.... Also expensive

golder

Best one I ever used was Douglas Labs B Complex with Metafolin and Intrinsic Factor.... Expensive, but they made me feel sharp as a tack, and put pep in my step.... I also liked Pure Encapsulations B complex Plus, but 2 of those per day gave me anxiety.... Also expensive
Cheers, what's 'Intrinsic Factor'? Do you think this is what gave you more pep than your other Bcomplexes?

Frankdee20

Cheers, what's 'Intrinsic Factor'? Do you think this is what gave you more pep than your other Bcomplexes?

Intrinsic factor is something that helped with absorption, but I think the generous amount of P5P and Thiamine felt great.... The Pure Encapsulations product only had 10 MG of P5p and a little bit of regular B6

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals