Vitamin B Complex Supplement - Best To Buy?

LucH

Are enzymes then just like chemical catalysts which speed up various reactions?
"No. Enzymes are much more than catalysts.
Catalysts are only inert substances. They possess none of the life energy we find in enzymes. For instance, enzymes give off a kind of radiation when they work. This is not true of catalysts. In addition, although enzymes contain proteins - and some contain vitamins – the activity factor of enzymes has never been synthesized.
Moreover, there is no combination of proteins or any combination of amino acids or any other substance which will give enzyme activity.
There are proteins present in enzymes. However, they serve only as carriers of the enzyme activity factors.
Therefore, we can say that enzymes consist of protein carriers charged with energy factors just as a battery consists of metallic plates charged with electrical energy".
Food Enzymes. Dr Edward HOWELL

tallglass13

So, is there something wrong with Ideallabs Energin. Why would anybody not mention this. seems odd. Idealabs goes above and beyond consumer expectations in my opinion, not to mention almost every thing they carry is, strong. Topically is messy and makes the skin yellow, but orally I think works very well.

OP
J

jaywills

These guys are based where you are so shipping will be cheaper than it is to me: Vitamin B Complex with Folate . This one is the best I've found. The doses are low and ideal to complement a high dose of a single B vitamin I might experiment with.

There is no PABA or inositol, which may be anti-Peat anyways. There is no choline either, but the miserable double or triple digit quantity they might have added is a drop in the bucket considering optimal daily requirement (and considering what you can get from a quick 5-6 egg scramble).

This one has the old school forms of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B7 along with the methylated versions of B9 and B12, as is my current preference. They also have an alternative formulation where the B2 and B6 have been replaced with r5p and p5p. Your needs are no doubt different than mine; nevertheless, riboflavin makes me feel like superman compared to r5p (read the riboflavin experiences written on this forum, starting with member GAF's for an idea of what I mean), and p5p, after a few months of once weekly 25-50mg doses, causes strong unpleasant blood pressure effects (full body throbbing just upon transitioning from a seated to standing position and crossing the livingroom) after some time compared with pyridoxine. Masterjohn also makes a case for riboflavin's ability to correct folate deficiency.

Good luck with your decision.

this is excellent and affordable. Thank you for bringing this supplement to my attention and for your detailed response as to why it is preferable. appreciate it bud.

does riboflavin correct folate deficiency via promoting conversion of folic acid to active form? so as long as you get riboflavin in, the synthetic folic acid form is fine?

What issues have been noted from riboflavin phosphate vs regular riboflavin? Why would activated form riboflavin cause issues, what sorts of dosages were you using on riboflavin phosphate vs regular riboflavin. I've heard the activated forms are much stronger than non activated ones

Your experience will differ. I tested both and came to this conclusion, detailed above, not because my r5p experience was negative but because my riboflavin experience was positive. Resources permitting, you will probably want to test them yourself. I remain open to circling back in future to supplements I discontinue for reasons other than negative effects.

this is excellent and affordable. Thank you for bringing this supplement to my attention and for your detailed response as to why it is preferable. appreciate it bud.

This forum has given me much information. Happy I'm occasionally able to pay it forward.

As a cursory glance on their website has no doubt shown you, they offer the best price per mg for many of their products.

Incidentally, I suspect their PQQ has cut my sleep requirement down from 9 to 7.5 hours.

BigChad

This forum has given me much information. Happy I'm occasionally able to pay it forward.

As a cursory glance on their website has no doubt shown you, they offer the best price per mg for many of their products.

Incidentally, I suspect their PQQ has cut my sleep requirement down from 9 to 7.5 hours.

What dosage and frequency of pqq are you using. Do u use any other quinones

20mg 2x per week. I'm 40 tablets into my first bag of 60. On the days I take, napping never crosses my mind. I have a history of overtraining (powerlifting) and being able to fall asleep whenever wherever was so frustrating that I sometimes envied insomniacs. Not anymore, thanks to riboflavin and PQQ.

Regarding other quinones, I took Thorne liquid mk4 (~30% of bottle) regularly for a bit along with Phoenix Nutrition mk7 tablets (~210 tablets at 500mcg) but have discontinued regular use of both for the time being due to mild headaches from the mk4 (excessive clotting?) and suspecting that mk7 may have been lowering libido a bit (5AR inhibition?) which was fine with me but not the missus (clarification of profile pic relevance). Now I just rub 2 drops of mk4 on wrists on the rare occasion I take vitamin E, aspirin, or other compounds with blood thinning properties such as ginkgo.

Since we're already off topic, I may as well share that all that K2 unfortunately did not [significantly] reduce my dental plaque. The Weston Price effect eludes me!

Last edited:

BigChad

20mg 2x per week. I'm 40 tablets into my first bag of 60. On the days I take, napping never crosses my mind. I have a history of overtraining (powerlifting) and being able to fall asleep whenever wherever was so frustrating that I sometimes envied insomniacs. Not anymore, thanks to riboflavin and PQQ.

Regarding other quinones, I took Thorne liquid mk4 (~30% of bottle) regularly for a bit along with Phoenix Nutrition mk7 tablets (~210 tablets at 500mcg) but have discontinued regular use of both for the time being due to mild headaches from the mk4 (excessive clotting?) and suspecting that mk7 may have been lowering libido a bit (5AR inhibition?) which was fine with me but not the missus (clarification of profile pic relevance). Now I just rub 2 drops of mk4 on wrists on the rare occasion I take vitamin E, aspirin, or other compounds with blood thinning properties such as ginkgo.

Since we're already off topic, I may as well share that all that K2 unfortunately did not [significantly] reduce my dental plaque. The Weston Price effect eludes me!

I heard mk7 and k1 are 5ar inhibitors. what if you did 1mg K1 and 300mcg mk7, four times a week though.
what was your vitamin E intake like when you were using the mk4.

how much Mk4 were you using? 30% of bottle at one time?

did you try CoQ10, and did you have hypothyroid symptoms like hair thinning etc as well. did PQQ improve other hypo symptoms besides low energy

I heard mk7 and k1 are 5ar inhibitors. what if you did 1mg K1 and 300mcg mk7, four times a week though.
what was your vitamin E intake like when you were using the mk4.

how much Mk4 were you using? 30% of bottle at one time?

did you try CoQ10, and did you have hypothyroid symptoms like hair thinning etc as well. did PQQ improve other hypo symptoms besides low energy

Haha, slow down BigChad. We're all gonna make it brah!

I didn't take any vit E because I had alpha tocopherol but was convinced of gamma tocopherol's superiority (my gf smokes) yet unable to source at that time. I did not drink 360mg of mk4 in one shot. I've not had CoQ10. I'm not hypo; PQQ was on my bucket list for years but not yet affordable.

The only time I've had hairloss was 4 years ago. A 2-3 diameter bald spot appeared in the center of the crown of my head, smooth as if there had never been hair there. Would have not noticed if my gf had not discovered (longer hair covered it). I did the following: 1) stopped taking pantothenic acid, creatine monohydrate, and zinc glycinate (the only supps at that time) and 2) had my gf apply drops of Lugols 5% iodine directly to the spot generously before bed every night. Retrieved the idea from an Indian academic paper discussing topical iodine as a first line treatment for alopecia areata patients <10 years old: .Alopecia areata DM Thappa , M Vijayikumar - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol . After 4-5 months the spot could not be found and did not reappear when I reintroduced creatine and zinc briefly for Nov 2018 - Feb 2019 period of serious traning. Never reintroduced B5 in isolation (only low double digit mgs found in my complex of choice).

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, is there something wrong with Ideallabs Energin. Why would anybody not mention this. seems odd. Idealabs goes above and beyond consumer expectations in my opinion, not to mention almost every thing they carry is, strong. Topically is messy and makes the skin yellow, but orally I think works very well.

I cynic would say "no good deed goes unpunished" :):
Actually, a few people mentioned Energin earlier in the thread, and I completely understand the need for more options. Also, many of the people posting in the thread seem to be newer forum members so may not have tried our Energin yet, and as such don't have direct experience with it to comment one way or another.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
We use Energin orally. If I had more time in the morning to leave it on an hour and then wash I would use it topically. I recommend it.

BigChad

I didn't take any vit E because I had alpha tocopherol but was convinced of gamma tocopherol's superiority (my gf smokes) yet unable to source at that time. I did not drink 360mg of mk4 in one shot. I've not had CoQ10. I'm not hypo; PQQ was on my bucket list for years but not yet affordable.

The only time I've had hairloss was 4 years ago. A 2-3 diameter bald spot appeared in the center of the crown of my head, smooth as if there had never been hair there. Would have not noticed if my gf had not discovered (longer hair covered it). I did the following: 1) stopped taking pantothenic acid, creatine monohydrate, and zinc glycinate (the only supps at that time) and 2) had my gf apply drops of Lugols 5% iodine directly to the spot generously before bed every night. Retrieved the idea from an Indian academic paper discussing topical iodine as a first line treatment for alopecia areata patients <10 years old: .Alopecia areata DM Thappa , M Vijayikumar - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol . After 4-5 months the spot could not be found and did not reappear when I reintroduced creatine and zinc briefly for Nov 2018 - Feb 2019 period of serious traning. Never reintroduced B5 in isolation (only low double digit mgs found in my complex of choice).

zinc should improve hair growth, not sure about B5. do you know the dosage of Mk4 you were taking. ive heard of headaches with mk7 but not mk4. but i guess it could be too much clotting

tigerlily96

Did you ever discover exactly what caused your alopecia patch? I’m struggling with 3 patches now and I’m not taking any regular supplements.

This is BIG if true. Still feel that way?

Absolutely, PQQ (daily) has had a massive impact on reduction of need for sleep, along with riboflavin (daily), glycine (specifically taken with a zero fat dairy + fruit juice pre-bed meal), and p5p (only once per week due to remarkable potency). Currently sleeping 6 hours per day 4x / week and 7.5 on the other 3. But it's summer so it's easy. The true test will come with winter.

I work 50 hours (white collar) and exercise 10 hours per week (8 hours weights, 2 hours cycling at nose breathing pace). I don't use thyroid or hormones.

Last edited:

baccheion

Absolutely, PQQ (daily) has had a massive impact on reduction of need for sleep, along with riboflavin (daily), glycine (specifically taken with a zero fat dairy + fruit juice pre-bed meal), and p5p (only once per week due to remarkable potency). Currently sleeping 6 hours per day 4x / week and 7.5 on the other 3. But it's summer so it's easy. The true test will come with winter.

I work 50 hours (white collar) and exercise 10 hours per week (8 hours weights, 2 hours cycling at nose breathing pace). I don't use thyroid or hormones.
How does glycine lower sleep requirements? Is it a desirable change?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals