Vitamin B Complex Supplement - Best To Buy?

most supplements are absolute trash, they contain all this random extra stuff, it is not regulated and made in china

BREWERS/NUTRITIONAL YEAST (FROM SUGAR BEETS) Is the best source of B vitamins, the only one it's deficient in is biotin (which is an important B vitamin though). Natural vitamins are always more effective than synthetic ones. Brewer's yeast also has tons of good protein. It is important that the yeast come from being grown on something other than the typical grain like barely. When it's grown on grain the yeast has metabolic byproducts that cause stomach discomfort (like gluten, etc). Some yeast products have synthetic vitamins added to make it seem like it has more vitamin content than it really does, and would be no different than taking the Bs in synthetic form. This would be apparent in the ingredients panel and would list the vitamins by name as ingredients. Brewers or nutritional yeast grown on sugar beets is the absolute best way to get therapeutic levels of b vitamins, some brands/types having higher amounts of one or the other b vitamin. The most crucial to obtain are B2 and B6, so I'd buy the brands which have high amounts of those two. Yeast is slightly estrogenic, and I have found with excessive use it contributed slightly to bloating, so I only take it once a day.

Supplement Guide — **** Portion Control

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
most supplements are absolute trash, they contain all this random extra stuff, it is not regulated and made in china
There are some good ones out there and not made in China.

The problem with brewers yeast is the estrogen and also high phosphorus. I don't like to take it too long.

What can be done for calcium if dairy is out temporarily? Getting organic orange juice which has no calcium... cant do dairy for a couple months due to iodine content

cant do dairy due to iodine content? wat. but parmigiano reggiano is the way to go if u are "allergic" to dairy.

BigChad

cant do dairy due to iodine content? wat. but parmigiano reggiano is the way to go if u are "allergic" to dairy.

Milk has iodine, not sure of greek yogurt but heard whey protein is 471mcg iodine per 100g. Ice cream may have a lot. Cheeses have some too

Frankdee20

Do you know how much. Life extension claims silica amount is proprietary. Seems ridiculous

I do not know and can only go by the order of excipients listed as to how significant. It is an anti-caking agent used everywhere. I have used their product before, and it is not bad at all. Just knowing other stuff is in there sucks though.

LucH

I won't use as much folic acid, 400 mcg. No problem for folate or best 5-MTHF
i've selected 3 products, co-enzymated, but I prefer energin.*** ( for improving energy level) Not yet tested. Just bought.
Autres Formulations complètes (avec biotine, B9 et B12) sans excipients beurk
- Pure Encapsulations - Vitamin B Complex.** Avec thiamine HCl 100 mg. 120 caps 20.90 $
B-Complex Plus
Appréciation: **

- Life Extension – BioActive Complete B-Complex.* car avec acide stéarique. Avec thiamine HCl 50 mg. Si le prix est un problème. 60 caps. 9 $.
BioActive Complete B-Complex, 60 capsules | Life Extension Appréciation: *

- Thorne Stress-B-Complex. ** Avec thiamine HCl 50 mg. 17 € 60 caps.
https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/stress-b-complex
Appréciation: **

BigChad

This one looks good. I'm curious on the thiamine hcl, I've heard thiamine supplements if not active form, can build up in the body? I think that's the best b complex supplement I've seen yet, it has no fillers, and I would actually take 1 capsule to cut down on the doses a bit.
Also curious what they mean by "no radiation sterilization", is radiation used to purify vitamins and minerals now? So any supplement you purchase on the market could contain radiation now?

what's the difference in active form b vitamins vs "coenzymated" b vitamins. Is there advantages to one over the other

LucH

what's the difference in active form b vitamins vs "coenzymated" b vitamins. Is there advantages to one over the other
activated or co-enzymated refers to the same notion.
these substances enhance or are necessary for the action of enzymes. Without co-enzymes, enzymes cannot function in the body.

What Role Do Vitamins Play in Enzyme Activity?
Most vitamins have to be converted into coenzymes before they can pair up with enzymes.

BigChad

activated or co-enzymated refers to the same notion.
these substances enhance or are necessary for the action of enzymes. Without co-enzymes, enzymes cannot function in the body.

What Role Do Vitamins Play in Enzyme Activity?
Most vitamins have to be converted into coenzymes before they can pair up with enzymes.

vitamins found in foods, are found in what form? Like b vitamins in beef, are they activated form, or something else
Could taking activated b vitamins in supplement form, mess with the bodys enzyme system in some way. I thought people on here preferred non activated forms of the b vitamins for some reason?

Having read this thread: Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog, I am interested in getting a Vitamin B Complex/ B1 Supplement.

Do any of you know of any good ones?

I've taken a look on Amazon, and read a lot of posts here but its just left me more confused.

I'm based in the UK - currently looking at this. Despite the fillers, seems like a reasonable supplement.

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks

Best,

These guys are based where you are so shipping will be cheaper than it is to me: Vitamin B Complex with Folate . This one is the best I've found. The doses are low and ideal to complement a high dose of a single B vitamin I might experiment with.

There is no PABA or inositol, which may be anti-Peat anyways. There is no choline either, but the miserable double or triple digit quantity they might have added is a drop in the bucket considering optimal daily requirement (and considering what you can get from a quick 5-6 egg scramble).

This one has the old school forms of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B7 along with the methylated versions of B9 and B12, as is my current preference. They also have an alternative formulation where the B2 and B6 have been replaced with r5p and p5p. Your needs are no doubt different than mine; nevertheless, riboflavin makes me feel like superman compared to r5p (read the riboflavin experiences written on this forum, starting with member GAF's for an idea of what I mean), and p5p, after a few months of once weekly 25-50mg doses, causes strong unpleasant blood pressure effects (full body throbbing just upon transitioning from a seated to standing position and crossing the livingroom) after some time compared with pyridoxine. Masterjohn also makes a case for riboflavin's ability to correct folate deficiency.

Good luck with your decision.

LucH

vitamins found in foods, are found in what form? Like b vitamins in beef, are they activated form, or something else
Could taking activated b vitamins in supplement form, mess with the bodys enzyme system in some way. I thought people on here preferred non activated forms of the b vitamins for some reason?
for vitamins B, natural or synthetic is approximatively the same.
Food = natural.
Formes des vitamines rencontrées, co-enzymées ou non.
Vitamines Naturelles et Biodisponibles | Dr. Schweikart
=> comparison between artificial forms and forms of bioavailable coenzymes (in French but the name of the "vitamin" is neraly the same).
To answer your question, let's say we take a vitamin from a food and it binds to a molecule to form a an enzyme or co-enzyme.
With a co-enzyme we need one or several other intermediate steps to get an enzyme. Then we get what we call an activated vitamin.
I'm not a biologist; I'm not able to give more details. Only the principle.

BigChad

These guys are based where you are so shipping will be cheaper than it is to me: Vitamin B Complex with Folate . This one is the best I've found. The doses are low and ideal to complement a high dose of a single B vitamin I might experiment with.

There is no PABA or inositol, which may be anti-Peat anyways. There is no choline either, but the miserable double or triple digit quantity they might have added is a drop in the bucket considering optimal daily requirement (and considering what you can get from a quick 5-6 egg scramble).

This one has the old school forms of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B7 along with the methylated versions of B9 and B12, as is my current preference. They also have an alternative formulation where the B2 and B6 have been replaced with r5p and p5p. Your needs are no doubt different than mine; nevertheless, riboflavin makes me feel like superman compared to r5p (read the riboflavin experiences written on this forum, starting with member GAF's for an idea of what I mean), and p5p, after a few months of once weekly 25-50mg doses, causes strong unpleasant blood pressure effects (full body throbbing just upon transitioning from a seated to standing position and crossing the livingroom) after some time compared with pyridoxine. Masterjohn also makes a case for riboflavin's ability to correct folate deficiency.

Good luck with your decision.

does riboflavin correct folate deficiency via promoting conversion of folic acid to active form? so as long as you get riboflavin in, the synthetic folic acid form is fine?

What issues have been noted from riboflavin phosphate vs regular riboflavin? Why would activated form riboflavin cause issues, what sorts of dosages were you using on riboflavin phosphate vs regular riboflavin. I've heard the activated forms are much stronger than non activated ones