Vitamin B-6

Discussion in 'B6' started by charlie, Jul 19, 2012.

1. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

i just got my vitamin B-6. any recommendations on how to take it? Peat said for me to try vitamin B-6 and pregnenolone for my stress. i got those in today and am ready to get started!

2. asajulian

asajulian Member

Did you ever try this out? What were your results?

(Yes, this is my first post! But read this forum quite a lot as a guest.)

3. OP
    charlie

asajulian, great to see you joined up and posting now!

I did not notice any results from taking it, so I stopped. I might try it again later.

4. pete

pete Member

Vitamin B6 or P5P?

5. Kemby

Kemby Member

Business
    Hi Charlie,

Were you taking Preg before? I seem to remember you posting about it but stopping due to hair loss? I might be mistaken!

Did Mr Peat explain why that combination? B6/Preg and not B1 or any of the other B vitamins.

6. OP
    charlie

It was niacin that was causing the hair loss.

Pregnenolone, raised my stress levels, so stopped taking it.

No, he didnt explain it at all. He just said a little B-6 and pregnenolone could possibly help my stress levels.

7. Kemby

Kemby Member

Business
    As Peatarian said in another thread, several men she knows take a good dose of sugar with the preg which seemed to stop the conversion to estrogen. Might be worth employing that tactic too.

Lets us know how it goes! I hope it works for you.

8. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Hi Charlie,

How is your B-6 working out?

I have not taken any B vitamins and was considering taking B1 and B3 (Niacinamide). Both of which I have heard good things about for reducing anxiety and decreasing stress hormones.

9. OP
    charlie

I did not see any difference. So, I stopped it. I also stopped the pregnenolone because it seemed like it was making the stress hormones worse. However, thanks to Peatarian, thank you Peatarian! I started the pregnenolone up about 3 days ago and made sure to get a big dose of sugar with it. And, this time, no stress response! Yay! Maybe, in a couple weeks, I might start up the B-6 again and see how it goes.

10. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Excellent news on the Pregnenolone and sugar. What sort of sugar dose are you having with it? A tablespoon or two? Sorry for the torrent of questions!

11. OP
    charlie

No worries. I use simple syrup mixed in with my milk or orange juice, so kinda hard to gauge. But I would say its a least a couple tablespoons worth.

12. OP
    charlie

Been doing B-6 again for about 4 days and OMG the dreaming that I have been doing is so realistic, and so much of it. Intense dreaming. Pretty darn cool.

13. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Good stuff charlie!

I have heard Ray say in two interviews now about B6 often being the key factor in boosting libido too so it has lots of benefits. I can't remember the chemical pathways it influences for its effects so will read up on it again.

Have you found any other benefits?

Cheers!

14. OP
    charlie

Yep, I have actually had some libido boost, not too much, but definitely an increase. I also had the most awesome ummmmmmmm , well you know, those kinda dreams too! :mrgreen: Almost wish it would never have ended. :lol:

No other benefits noted yet, but the dreams keep coming and very strong in emotion too.

15. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Sounds like its something you needed! Its amazing the things we can be deficient in without realising.

I might have to try some myself. I never remember dreams these days. Don't even feel like I have had them and when I do they are vague.

16. OP
    charlie

Shoot, with the B6 they are so strong and also emotional. The first 2 nights I woke up from bad emotional dreams feeling the exact same emotion as I was dreaming. Intense for sure.

17. jyb

jyb Member

Do you know an explanation for why niacin was bad? I thought B3 was helpful.

Were you taking a reasonable dose (100mg a day) and B3 in the form of niacinamide?

18. OP
    charlie

Everytime I took it, my hair started falling out. Not sure if that was a good sign or bad sign so I just quit. The last time I tried it, I took a really small amount, and still, my hair fell out.

I was thinking a couple days ago, maybe possibly it was a good sign. Because everytime I stop, and then start on thyroid supplement my hair falls out. :confused

19. jyb

jyb Member

How do you know it's due to B3 or thyroid and not just coincidence? I don't have falling hair so I'm not an expert, but it's surprising that you'd see hair falling just after taking a dose of it - that seems extreme.

NB: I remember reading somewhere niacin is not the same as niacinamide and only the latter is good.

20. OP
    charlie

Because I have tried(niacinamide) at least 3 or 4 times, and the next day my hair falls out at a much faster rate then normal. I have it pretty nailed down. This morning, I took a really small dose of the niacinamide and will see how it goes again.