Vitamin A Overdose / Excessive Vitamin A

goodandevil

I upped my vitamin a due to the t3 i was taking to about 40k, for acne. thought i was safe, but for the past week ive had the most severe dry skin, and dry nostrils of my life. Is this a result of excessive vitamin a? Ive been off for a few days, trying to pin down the culprit. Just completed a course of tetracycline, which has fixed my digestion. Thx.

D

Derek

Dry mucus membranes are a common symptom of hypothyroidism. 40k seems like a lot of A. Why were you taking this with T3?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Derek said:
post 111449 Dry mucus membranes are a common symptom of hypothyroidism. 40k seems like a lot of A. Why were you taking this with T3?

To address acne, primarily. My temps havent been that bad. Seems better the past few days, i hope so. Sorry for late response. Reminiscent of a steven johnson's like response i had a ways back, horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

ecstatichamster said:
post 111491 Take vitamin a with d3 k2 and e. They protect you from too much.
Thx. I started tak8ng 10 to 20 i d3, hope i dont overdo it, but it seems to be improving. Really hellish experience. Hopefully the d3 will help skin moreso than a. I get zero sunlight so it makes sense, hope i dont overdo it and get too much a. I take life extension vitamin k twice a week. Balancing act is challenging and intimidating. I take 400 e a day.

tara

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

tara said:
goodandevil said:
post 111930 I get zero sunlight
Can you improve on this? Vit D isn't the only reason to need sunlight.

I bought a 300W lamp a couple of months ago l, hopefully it helps in the proper spectrum. Besides that, i'm an indoors cat.

D

Derek

goodandevil said:
post 111929
Derek said:
post 111449 Dry mucus membranes are a common symptom of hypothyroidism. 40k seems like a lot of A. Why were you taking this with T3?

To address acne, primarily. My temps havent been that bad. Seems better the past few days, i hope so. Sorry for late response. Reminiscent of a steven johnson's like response i had a ways back, horrible.

Zinc is just as important, if not more so for acne.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Derek said:
post 111970
goodandevil said:
post 111929
Derek said:

Yeah i havebridges and spots on my fingernails. I think ill focus on zinc and vitamin d seems to be helping a lot. I rubbed progesterone on some swollen lymph accumulation and it went away, or came to a head rather. I cant imagine how shitty it must be for someone to be that hypothyroid.

Zinc is just as important, if not more so for acne.

Lucenzo01

I upped my vitamin a due to the t3 i was taking to about 40k, for acne. thought i was safe, but for the past week ive had the most severe dry skin, and dry nostrils of my life. Is this a result of excessive vitamin a? Ive been off for a few days, trying to pin down the culprit. Just completed a course of tetracycline, which has fixed my digestion. Thx.

40.000 It's not that much. Vitamin C and E should protect of any A "excess". I'm taking 150.000 right now with incredible results. Which form of vitamin A did you use?

Lucenzo01

Liver Craving/Vitamin A Observation and the following posts.
You can also type "vitamin A" , "posted by: stargazer111" .

I don't believe that people with Alzheimer's disease have taken vitamin A supplements. It's good to have in mind but I really don't believe in it. And common dietary intake of vitamin A has been going down for the last decades and Alzheimer's is through the roof so...correlation doesn't mean causation.

Edit to say that my memory is better than ever so is my IQ. I play chess and since increasing the A my game it's much better playing less. N=1, but that 1 it's me so it's relevant for me.

Wagner83

I don't believe that people with Alzheimer's disease have taken vitamin A supplements. It's good to have in mind but I really don't believe in it. And common dietary intake of vitamin A has been going down for the last decades and Alzheimer's is through the roof so...correlation doesn't mean causation.

Edit to say that my memory is better than ever so is my IQ. I play chess and since increasing the A my game it's much better playing less. N=1, but that 1 it's me so it's relevant for me.
I'm just saying one should be cautious and wary of side effects if they occur (e.g. start struggling to remember names etc..).
This is worth a read too:
Vitamin A And Osteomalacia
Should I Worried About Tolerable Upper Limits Of Vitamins?
As others have said it's possible that increased metabolism means inrease need for fat soluble vitamins. Are you still doing the aspirin-niacinamide-caffeine thing with b vitamins?

Lucenzo01

I'm just saying one should be cautious and wary of side effects if they occur (e.g. start struggling to remember names etc..).
This is worth a read too:
Vitamin A And Osteomalacia
Should I Worried About Tolerable Upper Limits Of Vitamins?
As others have said it's possible that increased metabolism means inrease need for fat soluble vitamins. Are you still doing the aspirin-niacinamide-caffeine thing with b vitamins?

I dropped the niacinamide and the aspirin. Supplements that stimulate sugar-burning makes me feel awful in the long run. And It's not practical eat every 2 hours. Right now I'm doing the fat-solubles, C and caffeine. B2, lysine, taurine and glycine sometimes.

Wagner83

I dropped the niacinamide and the aspirin. Supplements that stimulate sugar-burning makes me feel awful in the long run. And It's not practical eat every 2 hours. Right now I'm doing the fat-solubles, C and caffeine. B2, lysine, taurine and glycine sometimes.
Ok thanks,I've seen members report vitamin A made them feel like god for two weeks then not at all, while for others there seem to be continuous benefits.

YourUniverse

Realistically, how can a person know they are getting too much vitamin A? I am starting to enjoy liver, and have been having as much as a KG per week. Like carrot consumption, would excess retinol turn callouses orange, or etc.?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals