youngsinatra

I am on the LYL program by Dr. Garrett Smith and in a recent thread many members shared their serum vitamin A labs progress over time.

At least a dozen said that they are still in the middle of the reference range after 2-3 years of dedicated vitamin A avoidance.

My 6-month-mark serum retinol is 30% higher than my baseline. You store a ton of it in your liver.
Baseline: 0.87 mg/L vs 6 monthe: 1.08 mg/L (normal ref: 0.30-0.60)

My conclusion. Probably nobody is deficient in vitamin A.

mosaic01

I agree with Chris Masterjohn that this complete Vitamin A avoidance is irrational and not supported by any evidence. There are some interesting observations to be made here, but Generoux is throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and creating a religion based on nothing but thin air. He has to ignore all the finer details to protect his anti-life world view. Anti-life because he demonizes a chemical that is by all scientific standards a nutrient, and in almost every food.

When people profit from avoiding vitamin A, it speaks to the importance of balancing the fat-soluble vitamins in order to have a strong immune system, nothing more. Also maybe Zinc and Vitamin C deficiency in some cases.

Other possibilities:

1) Liver problems makes it more difficult for the body to store the vitamin A, so the serum retinol is increased (and as vitamin A is important for liver health, it can be a downward spiral)
2) The body uses less and less Vitamin A as the intake decreases to save more for essential use, which decreases retinol turnover significantly, so the blood level increases (less vitamin A is taken up by cells)

Maybe someone can shed some light on this but why do we need retinol everyday if our body stores it in the liver? So say like you supplemented 10k iu a day for a week if you ate a descent balanced diet then you wouldnt need to supplement anymore or get extra A ? Or does the body use retinol quickly and heavily?

You don't need to take it everyday. Those who have a deficiency need to take more in order to meet their needs. Those who have toxicity, need to take less in order to use up their excess stores.

Taking 10k every day for 10 days is easier on the thyroid than taking 100k at once, because the latter dose saturates the binding capacity of the retinol-binding protein.

Last edited:

SamYo123

I am on the LYL program by Dr. Garrett Smith and in a recent thread many members shared their serum vitamin A labs progress over time.

At least a dozen said that they are still in the middle of the reference range after 2-3 years of dedicated vitamin A avoidance.

My 6-month-mark serum retinol is 30% higher than my baseline. You store a ton of it in your liver.
Baseline: 0.87 mg/L vs 6 monthe: 1.08 mg/L (normal ref: 0.30-0.60)

He also says fructose and aninimal meat is bad..

Blossom

Forum Supporter
He also says fructose and aninimal meat is bad..
Do you mean Dr. Garrett Smith? He’s big on grass fed ruminant meat but not a fan of fructose or even added sugars.

SamYo123

Do you mean Dr. Garrett Smith? He’s big on grass fed ruminant meat but not a fan of fructose or even added sugars.
Yeh... also says low fat is best... whats he eating? Hows he dealing with glyogen depletion through stress?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeh... also says low fat is best... whats he eating? Hows he dealing with glyogen depletion through stress?
It sounds like he’s getting adequate carbs from mainly beans and whole grains.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How would an endurance athlete cope with that?

You cant just whip out grains and beans on the go
I have no idea. I’m not defending or promoting anything just answering questions about what I know that can be found on the internet by anyone but since I heard/read it recently I chimed in. On a similar topic I read about a guy who ran long distance marathons for awhile on only meat-Zach or something. The human body can endure quite a bit in the short term apparently. I am not an athlete myself so I can’t speak to fueling athletic endeavors.

SamYo123

I have no idea. I’m not defending or promoting anything just answering questions about what I know that can be found on the internet by anyone but since I heard/read it recently I chimed in. On a similar topic I read about a guy who ran long distance marathons for awhile on only meat-Zach or something. The human body can endure quite a bit in the short term apparently. I am not an athlete myself so I can’t speak to fueling athletic endeavors.
Yeh,.. no tour rider/racer whacks out a steak for energy lol

Its always a quick digested carb

GreekDemiGod

Can it be just a sign of hypothyroidism?
Can be, and it can go both ways. Hypothyroidism can cause A toxicity if you consume lots of it, and high intake of Vitamin A can put you in a hypothyroid state of you don’t already have a high metabolism.

GreekDemiGod

A bit off-topic, but here's some food for thought for all you conspiracy theorists out there. If Bill Gates really has his hidden agenda, and has access/ knowledge of superior health/ medicine, and promotes bad advice to the masses in order to depopulate them, why does he not take care of his body more? He is overweight and visibly estrogenic. You would think that he'd knew better.
If the elites are let's say aware that Vitamin A is a poision, why isn't Bill Gates in pristine health?

P

Peatness

Google search Bill Gates + Vitamin A.... @Peatness might find it interesting
?

TheCalciumCad

?

View: https://youtu.be/BgOddZ7hh20?t=2283

P

Peatness

Thank you @TheCalciumCad I watched the whole interview and it's compelling stuff. Until now I've been cautious about the vitamin A toxicity theory but the gates' interest in it's deficiency makes me pay attention.

TheCalciumCad

Thank you @TheCalciumCad I watched the whole interview and it's compelling stuff. Until now I've been cautious about the vitamin A toxicity theory but the gates' interest in it's deficiency makes me pay attention.
I found Smith in march he convinced me to finally explore the anti vitamin A propaganda which I always ignored while Peating, only been lowering VA intake for about 6 weeks and lots of things have improved especially my hair which i'm almost certain VA destroyed. So gonna keep going with it.

P

Peatness

I found Smith in march he convinced me to finally explore the anti vitamin A propaganda which I always ignored while Peating, only been lowering VA intake for about 6 weeks and lots of things have improved especially my hair which i'm almost certain VA destroyed. So gonna keep going with it.
I may have to do this myself. I used to supplement A and I've been wondering if it could have contributed to my blood pressure issues. I wish there was a reliable blood test for this.

TheCalciumCad

I may have to do this myself. I used to supplement A and I've been wondering if it could have contributed to my blood pressure issues. I wish there was a reliable blood test for this.
I knew early on the supps were terrible for me, I tried them for 18mo on/off but mostly just made me cold to the bone for 3days after then ended up with hair loss a month later each time so I gave up. Judging by how I've reacted to removing the bulk of my VA intake food isn't magically better for you.