Vitamin A Is Anti-Estrogenic

jaa

Do the studies use anything like the 5:1 a:d ratio when using such large amounts of vitamin A? I am interested in trying large doses of vitamin A, but not as interested in 20k IU of D daily for a month.

GAF

haidut said:
post 64998 All the people that I know who took Synthroid (pure T4) had issues with water retention. Only after switching to Armour or taking aromatase inhibitors did their water problems subside.

Is it okay for 64 yr old women to take aromatase inhibitor for water retention? She has been on synthyroid for 40 yrs

Last edited by a moderator:

YuraCZ

Joocy_J said:
post 105399 Where do people buy their vitamin a from? need a cheap source. Thanks
beef or chicken liver is pretty cheap.. :) Supplementing vit E or K2 with supplements? Ok but retinol? Why...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
post 105390 Do the studies use anything like the 5:1 a:d ratio when using such large amounts of vitamin A? I am interested in trying large doses of vitamin A, but not as interested in 20k IU of D daily for a month.

No, they didn't since they were trying isolate the effects of vitamin A. But it's probably not a bad idea to add some.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
GAF said:
post 105397
haidut said:
post 64998 All the people that I know who took Synthroid (pure T4) had issues with water retention. Only after switching to Armour or taking aromatase inhibitors did their water problems subside.

Is it okay for 64 yr old women to take aromatase inhibitor for water retention? She has been on synthyroid for 40 yrs

Increasing sodium intake and taking a mix of T4/T3 is probably safer than the aromatase inhibitors. They have nasty mental side effects. I would not be surprised if they turn out to inhibit pregnenolone or other neurosteroid synthesis.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
YuraCZ said:
post 105408
Joocy_J said:
post 105399 Where do people buy their vitamin a from? need a cheap source. Thanks
beef or chicken liver is pretty cheap.. :) Supplementing vit E or K2 with supplements? Ok but retinol? Why...
I ate grass fed beef liver every day(along with free range chicken eggs with a zero soy diet) for quite the stretch and it does not compare to the dermatitis killing effects of Retinil. :2cents

:hattip

Last edited:

jaa

Thanks haidut.

Charlie said:
post 105414 I ate grass fed beef liver every day(along with free range chicken eggs with a zero soy diet) for quite the stretch and it does not compare to the dermatitis killing effects of Retinil.

Did you document your Vitamin A experience on this forum? If so, do you remember the approximate date?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jaa said:
post 105415 Did you document your Vitamin A experience on this forum? If so, do you remember the approximate date?
No, this just happened. :D

Last edited:

answersfound

Charlie said:
post 105414
YuraCZ said:
post 105408
Joocy_J said:
I ate grass fed beef liver every day(along with free range chicken eggs with a zero soy diet) for quite the stretch and it does not compare to the dermatitis killing effects of Retinil. :2cents

topical or oral?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Here is an excerpt of the PM I sent to haidut on the 9th of this month regarding the remarkable turnaround I had with dandruff aka dermatitis.

charlie said:
Georgi, I wanted to give you a huge thank you!

Thank you!!!! :mrgreen:

Because of you, I now have almost zero dermatitis on my face and head. How? Retinil. I was never able to take high enough doses I guess, or maybe the other vitamin A i was taking was no good. However, your stuff has cleared me up! I have been battling this since the beginning of Peating, 4 years almost.

answersfound said:
post 105417 topical or oral?
Both.

Regarding dose, perceive, think, act. Also, I have learned to start with lowest dose possible and then refer back to perceive, think, act.

Last edited:

Parsifal

I've always read that artificial vitamin A + smoking would increase the risks of cancer. Do you know why?

Peata

Yeah, I always read it was beta carotene + smoking do not mix.

Orion

Are there pros and cons with respect to retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate? Which one is better? or is it up to individual reaction.

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
I am also curious about the retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate question! What's the difference? Particularly thinking of prenatal vitamins.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals