Vitamin A Derivatives And Intracranial Hypertension

Momentum

I'm pretty sure I have IIH (idiopathic intracranial pressure). Awaiting a doctor's appointment to confirm. In the meantime I was researching the best type of MRI to diagnose and came across the following information (which as someone who took 8 years worth of tetracycline in high school and college, then a round of Accutane at 25 this is rather concerning.)
Regarding IIH:
"and patients with a variety of endocrine conditions.4,8 It is associated with the use of several medications, most notably vitamin A derivatives and tetracycline antibiotics.9,10" http://www.ajnr.org/content/38/3/471
"
Retinol-binding protein and retinol analysis in cerebrospinal fluid and serum of patients with and without idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Several studies have implicated vitamin A-related compounds in the pathogenesis of idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH). The goal of this study was to compare cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and serum concentrations of retinol and retinol-binding protein (RBP) in subjects with and without IIH.

RESULTS:
The retinol/RBP ratio was greater in CSF than in serum, especially in subjects with IIH.

CONCLUSIONS:
The finding of increased levels of unbound retinol in the CSF of subjects with IIH provides further evidence that vitamin A may be involved in the pathogenesis of IIH. Comparative statistical analyses revealed multivariate relationships that demonstrate the need to further investigate correlations between vitamin A and RBP levels in CSF and serum. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18090557?dopt=Abstract

So, how is this reversed? Should a person with this issue take vitamin A, what form? Years ago I greatly improved my vein health by taking 2 tsps of high quality MSM. When I stopped taking the MSM the veins in my arms became tiny and feeble - again. I am now back on MSM but this is a slow go. With further research, I believe this may be related to a vascular form of EDS which is a collagen I mutation. What else may help? Thanks!