Vitamin A and T3 for testosterone - dosage

Dawid

I know RP has said that the best way to raise testosterone is to take vitamin a and T3 but I've never found any info about dosage. Do you have any information about that or your own experience?

Risingfire

Bruh, you need to eat 4 ounces of liver a week. And you need to check your pulse and temp and then go from there. Maybe 10 mcg's a day

B

BRBsavinWorld

I'm having great success about 1 month in, with between 100,000-150,000 IUs of vit A (balanced with vit E; it's Haidut's Retinil from idealabs) (also taking K2-MK4, and recently restarted D3).

Haidut has posted several studies on high dose vitamin A powerfully lowering cortisol, and raising androgens.

OP
D

Dawid

I'm having great success about 1 month in, with between 100,000-150,000 IUs of vit A (balanced with vit E; it's Haidut's Retinil from idealabs) (also taking K2-MK4, and recently restarted D3).

Haidut has posted several studies on high dose vitamin A powerfully lowering cortisol, and raising androgens.
And you haven't been using any T3 as RP recommends? That's a lot of vit A. I'm a little afraid of taking that much as I think i'm little hypothyroid and taking too much vit A would worsen it. And how much of vit E do you take?

B

BRBsavinWorld

And you haven't been using any T3 as RP recommends? That's a lot of vit A. I'm a little afraid of taking that much as I think i'm little hypothyroid and taking too much vit A would worsen it. And how much of vit E do you take?
I do take desiccated thyroid, I forgot to mention that. I’ve been experimenting with it in alternating days the past week, But I take it.

idealabs mixes the vit E with vit A in the amounts suggested by research.

theoogabear

How much retinyl do you go through? That’s so expensive, is it not?

dukesbobby777

How much vitamin A gets used up when the body is in a pro-metabolic state? Is it easy for your body to eat its way through your vitamin A resources over a certain period of time, because of its high metabolism? And let's say you've been PUFA depleted for years now. Your metabolic rate is high, and you are not taking vitamin A, and you are not eating vitamin A foods (liver, etc). In theory, you will be lacking vitamin A. What are the symptoms of that?

Vitamin A is so confusing to me because of that Grant G thread. According to his logic, its absolutely impossible to become deficient (we are all drowning in vitamin A), and so we need to detox from this 'poison'. But according to Peat, when you are living a pro-metabolic existence, you need to be taking vitamin A every day at a certain dosage to keep up with thyroid (especially for steroid production).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vitamin A is so confusing to me because of that Grant G thread. According to his logic, its absolutely impossible to become deficient (we are all drowning in vitamin A), and so we need to detox from this 'poison'. But according to Peat, when you are living a pro-metabolic existence, you need to be taking vitamin A every day at a certain dosage to keep up with thyroid (especially for steroid production).
Peat was dead wrong about "vitamin A". Maybe this will clear it up for you:

View: https://twitter.com/NutriDetect/status/1594364556050313216

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Sumbody

And for those thinking "vitamin A" helps testosterone, think again:

View: https://twitter.com/NutriDetect/status/1508936095731355650

I once had Vitamin A deficiency likely due to heavy drinking + hypothyroidism. Became difficult to see at night, night blindness, blurry/bright starry effect on lights. Even had a scratchy heavy feeling in my eyes just about all the time.

Took high dose vitamin A every day and within about 8-10 days my eyes and night vision were back to better than what I remembered that of normal.

Its extremely common for alcoholics to have effects, prolonged or acute due to issues typically related to low vitamin A serum levels. These folks typically can recover quite quickly by administering large doses of vitamin A over a period of time.

I can't see how something your body needs is toxic. That topic really bugs me around here.

revenant

I also notice improved vision from vitamin A.

If vitamin A is so toxic, why did ancient people value eating the liver so much? Were they also poisoned by vitamin A? Also kind of ironic that a forum moderator is saying Peat was dead wrong...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

revenant

Your guy mentions cracked skin at corners of lips being caused by vitamin A toxicity; yet I notice taking vitamin A cures it.

Probably there is a U-curve, but avoiding vitamin A as much as possible seems unfounded and is, as you said, very anti-Peat at the very least. Have you personally noticed benefits from avoiding it?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
As men continue to thrive with high testosterone becoming the norm in the low vitamin A groups all the while not needing to supplement thyroid anymore because their thyroids were healed. They are able to get off thyroid because "vitamin A" destroys the thyroid and once you start depleting it, the thyroid heals and functions without needing to supplement thyroid hormones. I am needing less and less thyroid, I think around the 3 or 4 year mark I will be able to get off it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wxuj4fe9Hw
Have you personally noticed benefits from avoiding it?
I am thriving. The other moderator here is thriving. Her doctor said she is the most vibrant patient he has, keep doing what you are doing. My family members doing this are healing, this is the way I have zero doubt now. I have been watching those groups for years, and I am about 1.5 years in and everything just keeps getting better and better. The Peat diet destroyed my health, destroyed my teeth. Now my teeth are remineralizing. Yes, I did get better at first with the higher metabolism but once the toxicities accumulated from vitamin A and copper the high metabolism was not enough anymore. There are many who are experiencing or experienced the same and are not comfortable with speaking up due to the blow back so they quietly leave only to find healing in the low A groups.

Jonk

As men continue to thrive with high testosterone becoming the norm in the low vitamin A groups all the while not needing to supplement thyroid anymore because their thyroids were healed. They are able to get off thyroid because "vitamin A" destroys the thyroid and once you start depleting it, the thyroid heals and functions without needing to supplement thyroid hormones. I am needing less and less thyroid, I think around the 3 or 4 year mark I will be able to get off it.

I am thriving. The other moderator here is thriving. Her doctor said she is the most vibrant patient he has, keep doing what you are doing. My family members doing this are healing, this is the way I have zero doubt now. I have been watching those groups for years, and I am about 1.5 years in and everything just keeps getting better and better. The Peat diet destroyed my health, destroyed my teeth. Now my teeth are remineralizing. Yes, I did get better at first with the higher metabolism but once the toxicities accumulated from vitamin A and copper the high metabolism was not enough anymore. There are many who are experiencing or experienced the same and are not comfortable with speaking up due to the blow back so they quietly leave only to find healing in the low A groups.

I'm very much uninformed on the matter, but from a glance my first thought would be the similarity between low vitamin a diet and lets say carnivore. Lots of benefits simply because you subtract things you react negatively to. Like low thyroid function/bad digestion hence inability to digest milk and eggs etc. If you don't mind, what would be something that punches a hole in that myth regarding low vit a diet? Thanks

dukesbobby777

I believe you and I'm probably going to try this diet out soon myself, but I can't understand why an intelligent man like Dr Peat would not recognise that vitamin A is not a vitamin at all (according to Grant). Apparently its a toxin. So like PUFA, it's basically in 99% of our food.

Why would a toxin be needed for steroid production (according to Peat)? I mean, that is such an embarassing mistake on his part, it would potentially make me question everything he's ever said.

Or is that Grant is actually right and wrong? He's right about the vitamin A overload concept, but he's wrong about it not being a vitamin. It is a vitamin, and needed by the body in very small amounts (for steroid production and everything else that vitamin A is needed for), but, as humans, we age through dietary intake or these toxins (PUFA, vitamin A, iron overload, copper overload, heavy metal toxicity, etc).

I always thought that Peat has spoken about how unstable vitamin A is, but that is controlled/handled by vitamin E?

Razvan

H

Hi,
Can you please change the name of the forum, this is clearly disrespect to Peat and all of his works.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals