Vital Farms eggs safe for daily consumption?

I usually eat 3 or 4 vital farms pastured eggs every day. Should I be worried about PUFA consumption with this amount of eggs daily. I looked into it and their chickens do get a supplemental feed of corn and soy, on top of whatever the heck they’re eating on pasture. I love my eggs, but I do want to be cognizant of the amount of PUFA I’m taking in daily

mrchibbs

I usually eat 3 or 4 vital farms pastured eggs every day. Should I be worried about PUFA consumption with this amount of eggs daily. I looked into it and their chickens do get a supplemental feed of corn and soy, on top of whatever the heck they’re eating on pasture. I love my eggs, but I do want to be cognizant of the amount of PUFA I’m taking in daily

It's a definite problem, if they get corn and soy. But if you feel better eating more eggs, don't feel too bad. There's choline and all sorts of vitamins and minerals in those eggs. Maybe add a little extra vitamin E

lampofred

I noticed a clear benefit from eating vital farms as opposed to ordinary eggs, so I'm guessing PUFA wasn't too high. But that was a long time ago and maybe the feed is worse now (I don't eat eggs regularly anymore).

Mark2020

You guys are crazy with the PUFA talk. Eggs are one of the healthiest foods man can consume. Eat as many as you desire. Vital Farms pasture raised eggs are a fine brand. Local fresh are always best, but if you need to go store bought, that’s a good brand.

mrchibbs

You guys are crazy with the PUFA talk. Eggs are one of the healthiest foods man can consume. Eat as many as you desire. Vital Farms pasture raised eggs are a fine brand. Local fresh are always best, but if you need to go store bought, that’s a good brand.
What the heck is this garbage comment? Do I tell you you're crazy?

Chicken which are free-range and can eat insects and other things are a great food.

Chicken fed tons of soy and corn are NOT a great food.

gaze

What the heck is this garbage comment? Do I tell you you're crazy?

Chicken which are free-range and can eat insects and other things are a great food.

Chicken fed tons of soy and corn are NOT a great food.
how much exactly does the fat composition change ?

hei

how much exactly does the fat composition change ?
urn-cambridge.org-id-binary-20151023035521613-0459-S1742170509990214_tab6.gif

If I'm reading this correctly they actually have more PUFA (by way of omega-3)

However, not feeding them soy removes the isoflavones (the control feed was 25% soybean meal)
1617505283383.png

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
There’s a local
I noticed a clear benefit from eating vital farms as opposed to ordinary eggs, so I'm guessing PUFA wasn't too high. But that was a long time ago and maybe the feed is worse now (I don't eat eggs regularly anymore).

OP
SatoshiPufamoto

Fred

The organic Vital Farms (brown package) are noticeably better tasting, and worth the extra money, IMO.

equipoise

Agreed, altho I'd advise on not calling anyone crazy, couldve worded it better. But yeah, eggs are consistently great food for me.

Yesterday I had 12 egg large omelette with mushrooms and felt amazing

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
Agreed, altho I'd advise on not calling anyone crazy, couldve worded it better. But yeah, eggs are consistently great food for me.

Yesterday I had 12 egg large omelette with mushrooms and felt amazing
Me too, I stick to 3 or 4 day, but it really works well for me as a breakfast food, with a slice or 2 of organic sourdough and some fruit if available + my morning espresso

lampofred

These eggs really changed. I wanted to up my egg consumption again after stopping for a while and they were pale yellow instead of orange like they used to be and as soon as I ate them I felt the anti-thyroid effects of PUFA unlike a few years ago. I needed a lot of vitamin E for my thyroid to get normal again.