Visting thailand next week... any suggestions with supplements to bring with me, how to eat healthy etc while there?

bluefish

Im flying to thailand next week (assuming everything goes smoothly)... I will need to quarantine for 5 days at a hotel.. then Im let free.
Im just curious peoples thoughts on whats good to pack and hows best to address eating and general health while traveling.

whats good for inflight? whats good to keep diet and healthy state of mind etc ... ?

Ben.

Vitamin E for unavoidable pufa/eating out. Glycine to balance heavy meat consumption. Taurin for heavy nights out drinking alot of alcohol. Thats probably it.

For foreign pathogens maybe Methyleneblue and/or chlorine dioxid incase of infection/parasites (I dont see to much harm in low dosage as preemptive measure (if you dont have thoose maybe ivermectin). Add to that some Epsom Salts for emergency emptying yourself.

Some people recommend melatonin for jetlag but i haven't tried that yet and i would first see how one reacts to it.

Other than thoose things i'd just take along w/e else you take for health. If nothing is on hand like that then carrots with a teaspoon of salt with water should work as a poormans internal plumbing aswell.

I am not sure about thailand specifically but perhaps a specific cream on exposed skin might help to not get bitten by some douchebag of a mosquitto or some other flying nightmare.

Herbie

The Thai people are the most pufa adapted and I think some of the first to use seed oils.

I went travelling there for a month and just ate street food or humble restaurants where only Thai people went. It was some of the best food on the planet and never got any sickness.

I would forget any diet, supplements, be free and have fun. It’s low fat high carb medium protein dishes anyway.

Ps I went to a Thai cooking school when I was there and basically it’s all fresh food, no msg, additives, preservatives and all that junk. just that sesame oil is their oil of choice.

Find places like this in the video, she doesn’t seem to use any oil in her pad thai

View: https://youtu.be/-zAFmH4qsGc

Korven

The Thai people are the most pufa adapted and I think some of the first to use seed oils.

I went travelling there for a month and just ate street food or humble restaurants where only Thai people went. It was some of the best food on the planet and never got any sickness.

I would forget any diet, supplements, be free and have fun. It’s low fat high carb medium protein dishes anyway.

Ps I went to a Thai cooking school when I was there and basically it’s all fresh food, no msg, additives, preservatives and all that junk. just that sesame oil is their oil of choice.

Find places like this in the video, she doesn’t seem to use any oil in her pad thai

View: https://youtu.be/-zAFmH4qsGc

I agree. Coconut curry dish + mango and sticky rice for dessert is a winning recipe. Thai food quality is consistently good in my experience and street food is just amazing (even if its cooked in PUFA).

I have very fond memories from traveling in Thailand. I honestly can't recall a single unpleasant experience... it's a lovely country!

Korven

Oh 1 thing, bring a pen to fill out the immigration form. I always forgot bring a pen with me lol.

Herbie

I agree. Coconut curry dish + mango and sticky rice for dessert is a winning recipe. Thai food quality is consistently good in my experience and street food is just amazing (even if its cooked in PUFA).

I have very fond memories from traveling in Thailand. I honestly can't recall a single unpleasant experience... it's a lovely country!
Yeah sticky rice with mango or Thai custard is such a great dessert.

Ps night markets are great for dinner

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Vitamin E for unavoidable pufa/eating out. Glycine to balance heavy meat consumption. Taurin for heavy nights out drinking alot of alcohol. Thats probably it.

For foreign pathogens maybe Methyleneblue and/or chlorine dioxid incase of infection/parasites (I dont see to much harm in low dosage as preemptive measure (if you dont have thoose maybe ivermectin). Add to that some Epsom Salts for emergency emptying yourself.

Some people recommend melatonin for jetlag but i haven't tried that yet and i would first see how one reacts to it.

Other than thoose things i'd just take along w/e else you take for health. If nothing is on hand like that then carrots with a teaspoon of salt with water should work as a poormans internal plumbing aswell.

I am not sure about thailand specifically but perhaps a specific cream on exposed skin might help to not get bitten by some douchebag of a mosquitto or some other flying nightmare.
Thanks Ben, what dosing do you use for the mentioned supps?
I regularly use MB, and have idealab VitE but rarely use it… not sure what’s good amount and when to take it.
Same w the glycine and taurine.

I’ve been to Thailand many times and love it there. It’s been a few years so, really excited to hopefully be back to hang out , relax and see what I ended up getting into.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

if you got to know them, probably... otherwise... kinda hard to do...

OP
bluefish

bluefish

it just wouldn’t be worth it for me to eat pufa oils. thai street food is good but i hate the idea kf compromising on that
this is what I was kinda wondering about. This time around I assume I will be eating outside ... but feel I want to up my game more. When Im at home these days, Im cooking most of my food these days, ie, not consuming much PUFA... and Id like to figure out how to do that while traveling also.

Mauritio

Try the local fruit smoothies! Especially in Chiang mai. They're great and the fruit quality is amazing .

Also take some activated charcoal and antibiotics , I had bad food poisoning from eating at one of those small markets ...

Lollipop2

I had bad food poisoning from eating at one of those small markets ...
Having lived in India for 12 years, this would be my biggest concern. I would do heavy research before going looking up 4 and 5 star restaurants in the cities you will visit. Eat fewer meals and bring snacks from home to fill up on in between meals.

Mauritio

Having lived in India for 12 years, this would be my biggest concern. I would do heavy research before going looking up 4 and 5 star restaurants in the cities you will visit. Eat fewer meals and bring snacks from home to fill up on in between meals.
Yeah but I was really gobbling up everything on one of those night markets ,even sushi. So I would not recommend that :D learned my lesson

Lollipop2

Yeah but I was really gobbling up everything on one of those night markets ,even sushi. So I would not recommend that :D learned my lesson
? An image of you gobbling up everything jumped in my mind, made me laugh.

akgrrrl

Ooh Thai streetfood yum yum, Chiang Mai, amazing markets, world class fruit, beaches, and best place to have a pair of custom shoes or boots made. I do believe I'm feeling envy. Or maybe wanderlust.

Mauritio

? An image of you gobbling up everything jumped in my mind, made me laugh.
I kind of was like that. We were a group of like 4 or 5 people and everyone got sick ?

Ben.

Thanks Ben, what dosing do you use for the mentioned supps?
I regularly use MB, and have idealab VitE but rarely use it… not sure what’s good amount and when to take it.
Same w the glycine and taurine.

I’ve been to Thailand many times and love it there. It’s been a few years so, really excited to hopefully be back to hang out , relax and see what I ended up getting into.

I woudn't go above the basic recommendations on the supplement packaging unless you are treating/working on a health condition or for specific situations. Like for heavy nights out drinking maybe 1-2 grams taurin and maybe 500mg L-Cystein/NAC alongside a good meal or a electrolyte rich drink with sugar. If you tolerate taurin well (or alternatively tudca) you can take 200-500mg taurin 3 times a day with a meal if you are realy concerned for some reason.

Use MB the way you are used to/feel comfortable with, i can't make recommendation there. Glycine if you do not react badly to it can be taken anywhere from 1g up to15 grams or even more. Ideally you take 1-3 grams when you eat a meaty meal and your all good. Alternatively taking 15-30 grams of (2 tablespoons) of gelatine/hydrolised collagen works fine too. W/e you tolerate best.

Most of all, enjoy your stay, have fun. Before any "protocoll" gets to complicated, take some vitamin e + taurin with your breakfast and eat/try out whatever your body tells you to and you should be fine. If you feel off/sick after some food the first thing i'd do before employing heavy guns is to empty myself quickly with epsom salts or cascara sagrada or just simply heavily salted water (1 full teaspoon dissolved in warm water). Use w/e "laxative" you have the best experience with. I for instance can't get near castor oil. Disgusting ....

Vileplume

Dang, I'm jealous. I bet the fruit there will be amazing!! Report back after the trip, please.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

It’s cool to get this many responses. My life is fine these days but I’m just feeling dead bored and zero ability to move forward with anything in my life… so I’m hoping assuming this trip will be good for me.
I’ll keep this thread updated. :)
I’m doing a 5 day quarantine in a bkk hotel because I’m not vaxx’d lol … then moving to another room which I’ve stayed at several times before.