Virologists Are Divided Over Need For Draconian Shutdowns

LeeLemonoil

Free current article in English from „Der Spiegel“
Not too bad.

Virologists Are Divided Over Need for Draconian Shutdowns - DER SPIEGEL - International

Medieval Medicine" or Necessary Measures?Virologists Are Divided Over Need for Draconian Shutdowns
How deadly is the coronavirus? How much of the population has already been infected? How widespread is immunity? The models politicians are relying on to make radical decisions in the COVID-19 crisis aren't always 100 percent reliable.

Nigel Blake

I think am starting to hate Virologists in general. Some time ago I was talking to this female Virologist student about the Coronavirus and how I think it might be cover for some other health hazard that isn't being disclose to the public and calling Covid-19 a "novel" virus is a misnomer since its just a simple mutation of a pre-existing virus (apparently anyways). I also mention how Ebola had oddly similar symptoms to cotton seed oil poisoning. Long story short, she keep calling me ignorant and said that I need to get educated and she didn't had time to waste on me and threaten to block me if I kept talking to her. She gotta be one of the most annoying, stuck up snob of a woman I've had the misfortune of talking to. I still have the email exchange...

thomas00

That's a common attitude for a lot of people who have had scientific training. They can be incredibly arrogant. They'll often wheel out their credentials to win arguments.

That's a common attitude for a lot of people who have had scientific training. They can be incredibly arrogant. They'll often wheel out their credentials to win arguments.

Indeed, and the reason stems from a character flaw because a solid argument can stand without the support of credentials. Additionally, they fail to recognize that the institution they graduated from was subsidised by taxpayers, most of whom could not afford to study.

thomas00

It's also the prestige that society awards people involved with science. They don't have to answer to those with inferior intelligence.

There is a type involved in research that have always been the straight A, teachers pet sort of students, received constant positive reinforcement from the school system about how smart they are. It leads to an obnoxious personality, usually an overestimation of their ability and a certain defensiveness when challenged.

Peatogenic

Always, it seems. They always wheel out the credentials.

Regina

I think am starting to hate Virologists in general. Some time ago I was talking to this female Virologist student about the Coronavirus and how I think it might be cover for some other health hazard that isn't being disclose to the public and calling Covid-19 a "novel" virus is a misnomer since its just a simple mutation of a pre-existing virus (apparently anyways). I also mention how Ebola had oddly similar symptoms to cotton seed oil poisoning. Long story short, she keep calling me ignorant and said that I need to get educated and she didn't had time to waste on me and threaten to block me if I kept talking to her. She gotta be one of the most annoying, stuck up snob of a woman I've had the misfortune of talking to. I still have the email exchange...
Blech.
There are truth seekers and there are status seekers. The authoritarians.
I really have antibodies, er I mean lysogenic immunity, to these people anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals