Vinegar To Balance Out Excessive Alkalinity

milkboi

I just started supplementing Magnesium carbonate. It makes my juice (taste) not acidic enough, and seems to slow digestion that way. Would it be okay to just use vinegar (cheapest acid) to balance that out?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I would personally not bother and just take the supplement separately with water, takes like 5 seconds. Do you add it to juice so you get more of a steady lower dose throughout the day while sipping it?

Yup, I'm taking ca 150mg of elemental mag three times a day with 1l of juice. Taking it separately won't help, the alkalizing effect will remain. I think 150mg is the maximum absorbable amount in one "sitting" per guru @Amazoniac's wisdom.

Vinegar ends up alkalizing. It generates bicarbonate.

Citrate ends up alkalizing too)) Use whatever to make it more palatable

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Citrate ends up alkalizing too)) Use whatever to make it more palatable

Alright thanks and I guess the same is true for Vitamin C too. It‘s not only about making the juice more palatable tho, but to keep the stomach ph acidic. There must be acids which have a net acidic effect, no?

When you mix mag carbonate with organic acids it reacts in your cup. You need to think about the reaction's products

OP
milkboi

milkboi

When you mix mag carbonate with organic acids it reacts in your cup. You need to think about the reaction's products

Right, I get that. But the acids and the CO2 cancel each out other out right? And as a result wont react with my stomach acid...

Buy cheap paper ph meter strips and adjust ph as you need

Yup, I'm taking ca 150mg of elemental mag three times a day with 1l of juice. Taking it separately won't help, the alkalizing effect will remain. I think 150mg is the maximum absorbable amount in one "sitting" per guru @Amazoniac's wisdom.

Milkboi, I've been doing the same. Recently ordered a kilogram of mag. carb. powder and have been adding one teaspoon to juices. If the juice is sour and there is enough of it, I barely notice. If the juice is sweet, I add the juice of half a lemon or two tablespoons of ACV. If I'm not mistaken, mag. carb. and lemon juice will form mag. citrate while mag. carb and vinegar will form mag. acetate.

I've had no digestive issues with one teaspoon with meals (what I usually do) or between meals (rare). When testing out of curiosity, four heaped teaspoons in one dose was the point at which I reached bowel tolerance and experienced a mild laxative effect 90-120 minutes later.