Vinegar acts like a powerful dopaminergic stimulant for me

I'm not trolling, and I'm not exaggerating one bit either. Whenever I have some vinegar (it can be any type), after a while I'll feel like I'm on adderall for a couple of hours. Huge stimulation, increase in libido, motivation, focus, energy, confidence, etc. I've repeated this experiment with different types of vinegar, and I always get the same result. Again I'm not exaggerating the level of effects here, it feels exactly like taking adderall or something, the effects are so strong it's impossible for it to be placebo.
Wtf is going on here? Some sort of toxin I'm getting high off? I have absolutely no clue at all what to think...

DonLore

I'm not trolling, and I'm not exaggerating one bit either. Whenever I have some vinegar (it can be any type), after a while I'll feel like I'm on adderall for a couple of hours. Huge stimulation, increase in libido, motivation, focus, energy, confidence, etc. I've repeated this experiment with different types of vinegar, and I always get the same result. Again I'm not exaggerating the level of effects here, it feels exactly like taking adderall or something, the effects are so strong it's impossible for it to be placebo.
Wtf is going on here? Some sort of toxin I'm getting high off? I have absolutely no clue at all what to think...
Could it be reduction in endotoxin/gut bacteria/candida? Or maybe there really is some dopaminergic function of the acetic acid?

Quelsatron

How much vinegar? Is it pure or an ingredient? Have you tried just maintaining that state perpetually?

Histamine promotes wakefulness and alertness. Vinegar is a high histamine food and also I believe a histamine liberator

DonLore

Histamine promotes wakefulness and alertness. Vinegar is a high histamine food and also I believe a histamine liberator
If it was a histamine reaction, it surely should feel more like itchy skin, flushing, negative symptoms and not like adderall (dopaminergic)

Jayvee

Weirdly I crave vinegar a lot and it makes me feel good. I recently bought a good clean balsamic vinegar and I went through 1/4 of a bottle in a week

OP
deliciousfruit
Could it be reduction in endotoxin/gut bacteria/candida? Or maybe there really is some dopaminergic function of the acetic acid?
I doubt it would be that, I'm not exaggerating the comparison to adderall. the effect feels very "dirty"
How much vinegar? Is it pure or an ingredient? Have you tried just maintaining that state perpetually?
about a teaspoon or two. it first happened after using vinegar in cooking, then I tried it on it's own too. same effects. I haven't tried maintaining it perpetually because it also causes insomnia from the stimulation
If it was a histamine reaction, it surely should feel more like itchy skin, flushing, negative symptoms and not like adderall (dopaminergic)
I thought it could have had something to do with histamine too, but yeah the fact that I don't get any physical histamine symptoms would make no sense
Perhaps that's the result of glucose entering the cells since vinegar reduces insulin resistance

and causing effects comparable to adderall? I highly doubt that

Cow

I become over stimulated from vinegar and have to avoid it, as I already have trouble sleeping. It's not a particularly pleasant over stimulation, it can lean toward the manic side of things.

DonLore

I become over stimulated from vinegar and have to avoid it, as I already have trouble sleeping. It's not a particularly pleasant over stimulation, it can lean toward the manic side of things.
So clearly something in vinegar IS dopaminergic, question is, is it a safe dopaminergic or more like adderall which comes with tolerance, comedown etc

crsnpalmer

I am having this experience with white distilled vinegar. Maybe something is going on with acetylcholine?

Makrosky

Interesting. How does your feet/hands temperature get when on the vinegar? It sounds like a stress reaction to me. Adderall is a stimulant, not a healthy metabolism promoter.

InChristAlone

I started ACV to help my digestion and while it did help I did find it overstimulating much the same way b vitamins do to me. Seems high histamine.

InChristAlone

its adrenaline. acidosis increases adrenaline.

I was nervous until I read this:

"In moderately severe acute metabolic acidosis in humans (decrease of []p from 25 to about 19 mmol/liter), there was no significant effect on catecholamine levels.376 Thus, the effects described previously may be more applicable to severe forms of metabolic acidosis or to a pattern of sympathetic stimulation that does not result in overt systemic catecholamine spillover."

I definitely do not have severe acute acidosis. Though I will try bicarbonate if it happens again. My urine pH is like a 5 which is pretty low but I've felt anxious when it's like 7.

Jonk

Old thread, but how is your digestion when not taking vinegar? And have you tried other acids? And with different results?

Healthseeker

I seen somewhere that acetic acid was used in metabolic reactions. I don't remember exactly tho

LizRey86

Histamine intolerance, it does the same to me. Histamine’s don’t make everybody itchy, I get bad insomnia and ibs symptoms alongside being super energetic for several hours after. As soon as I remove all fermented foods I calm right down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals