Views On Use Of Antibiotics?

OP
A

aquaman

Hi,
Ever solved those issues?
If so, what helped?

Not solved, but improved. Gas particularly.

Potatoes (boiled) and Pregnenolone seemed to make a big difference. I guess the potatoes help with some fibre, that is still easy to digest. Other fibres make it worse. I heard Haidut mention Preg on a Danny Roddy Patreon interview, and now I take Health Natura powder which is one of the few supplements that has ever had a noticeable effect (mood, energy).

Other things I think help:
Well-cooked greens
Less milk
Antibiotics use occasionally (every few months)
Cascara obviously, but not really a solution

Edit: phages did nothing for me (1 month continuous use every day).

Lolinaa

I have similar experience with Doxycycline, have been taking 200 mg a day for 4 months now.
My health is better then ever. Zero health problems and side effects.
All of my previous health problems like dry skin, asthmatic symptoms etc have disappeared.
Hey, if I remember well you live in Europe. Can I ask where you buy the doxycycline?

Light

Hey, if I remember well you live in Europe. Can I ask where you buy the doxycycline?
I would like to know too,
ordering a delivery from mexico is just too expensive (10 tablets of Doxy = 4$, delivering them=60$.....)

Ive been suffering from lots of gas issues since 2001, the degree of colon fermentation was that high it forced me to leave my job, it was impossible to be around people. Ive tried probiotics, prebiotics, antibiotics of all classes including 1,5 grams(3x500mg!!!!) of ciproflaxacin(!!!) per day 5 days in a raw, charcoal, many types of diets, resistant starches of all types, nistatin because I was sure I have candida, fasting and virtually all fad things you can find in anecdotal reports across www. I even tried to contact fecal transplant clinic in India to go there and try it. I felt so hopeless.

The only one solution that helped is going 100% starch free. I went starch free in 2018 and Im not looking back. Im gas free and it makes me happy. Transition time is about 6 hours. In my experience there are no "safe" starches.

Lolinaa

Ive been suffering from lots of gas issues since 2001, the degree of colon fermentation was that high it forced me to leave my job, it was impossible to be around people. Ive tried probiotics, prebiotics, antibiotics of all classes including 1,5 grams(3x500mg!!!!) of ciproflaxacin(!!!) per day 5 days in a raw, charcoal, many types of diets, resistant starches of all types, nistatin because I was sure I have candida, fasting and virtually all fad things you can find in anecdotal reports across www. I even tried to contact fecal transplant clinic in India to go there and try it. I felt so hopeless.

The only one solution that helped is going 100% starch free. I went starch free in 2018 and Im not looking back. Im gas free and it makes me happy. Transition time is about 6 hours. In my experience there are no "safe" starches.

Thanks for your testimony. The thing is I love rice and potatoes purée.
When I eat starch I feel full and satisfy.
I must recognize that I feel way better when I eat them less. Once per week like for lunch. Having just liquid makes me hungry all the time.

Lolinaa

@koky: thanks, we exchanged in pm the information needed. It's a good reminder for the others who might still need.

Alomongerpete

I was prescribed to take 250mg penicillin in tablets four times a day, so that's 2g a day for one week as at Christmas I got strep throat that led to guttate psoriasis (I never had this before). I started by taking 3 doses but then got nervous that I might be doing irreparable harm to my microbiota. I've tried many natural remedies but starting to think the antibiotics are my only hope. What do you guys think? This dose seems pretty extreme.

I've seen some mention of use of antibiotics, for things like SIBO.

I have bloating and gas as regular issues, what are your opinions of a short use of antibiotics?

I've seen some comments on here that it can be useful, and RP even recommending Penicillin use, but if anyone has more detailed, specific advice that would be great.

Thanks
Why use penicillin when you could just eat Roquefort and bleu cheese?

I think they can be helpful. But I've gotten more benefit from cutting starch, and adding phages.
I agree with you here about cutting starches @ecstatichampster. Are you still doing phage treatments?…

“Since phages consist mostly of nucleic acids and proteins, they are inherently nontoxic. However, phages can interact with immune systems, at least potentially resulting in harmful immune responses, though there is little evidence that this actually is a concern during phage treatment.”

I agree with you here about cutting starches @ecstatichampster. Are you still doing phage treatments?…

“Since phages consist mostly of nucleic acids and proteins, they are inherently nontoxic. However, phages can interact with immune systems, at least potentially resulting in harmful immune responses, though there is little evidence that this actually is a concern during phage treatment.”

This was from awhile ago, and I’ve been doing better adding back starches and I don’t find value in phages Anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals