S

Starchless

Potatoe starch, is like poison to me. |

It elicits the following effects:
-Anhedonia
-Kills libido
-Reduces positive thoughts
-Makes me very fatigued.

ALL of these symptoms occur 24 HOURS after ingestion.
And I also get head pressure when this happens, it's insane because when I used to take SSRIS I had the same head pressure throughout the day alongside the dead libido and anhedonia, it's scary. Cassava/tapoica makes me feel like I'm on SSRIS, when I tried eating it, I was getting strange thoughts towards the night

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Yo Lokzo are you lucas? I'm the same guy on your channel who was talking about the root vegetables having serotonergic compounds, I tried eating african yams (dioscorea) to see what would happen and it killed my libido, the next day I woke up with no erections.

Sweet potato is a little more sneaky for me, it boosts my libido for 1 day and kills my libido towards the end of the day, then I get the crap symptoms for 2 days with no libido and anhedonia. I wonder what the reason is

I have finally come to conclude that I think its due to the ability for the starch to FEED a specific strain of bacteria that somehow enhances conversion of tryptophan into serotonin, which has a delayed negative effect.

I am thinking of contacting a homeopath to make a starch remedy to counteract the effects everytime I get exposure.

There's unfortunately NOTHING else that can undo the damage after exposure, and I usually have to wait 3-4 days to bounce back.

Tried TUDCA, Artichoke, Carrots, but nothing helps.

OP
S

Starchless

I have finally come to conclude that I think its due to the ability for the starch to FEED a specific strain of bacteria that somehow enhances conversion of tryptophan into serotonin, which has a delayed negative effect.

I am thinking of contacting a homeopath to make a starch remedy to counteract the effects everytime I get exposure.

There's unfortunately NOTHING else that can undo the damage after exposure, and I usually have to wait 3-4 days to bounce back.

Tried TUDCA, Artichoke, Carrots, but nothing helps.
Yea bro I think it's safe to say we should just stick to meat and fruit, and it will probably stay this way forever for me since I don't want to eat roots and I don't want to do low carb either

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Yea bro I think it's safe to say we should just stick to meat and fruit, and it will probably stay this way forever for me since I don't want to eat roots and I don't want to do low carb either
Yep until I can figure out a way to UNDO the damage following starch exposure, I think I just have to be ultra careful not to consume it.

Even that head pressure that you talk about, I get the exact same thing.

Matestube

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq1uAjLkJw

I remember this DLC character called hugo from street fighter 4, if you watch the animation you can see that this guy is being bullied by everyone whilst begging for his "mamas potatoes' (sign of learned helplessness) and he is quite obviously addicted to the potatoes.

If you see his personality, he has most of the high serotonin traits, as well as many autistic traits. It's strikingly similar to how starch eaters act in real life, they become big and strong physically (good for gains) but have anger issues and high serotonin (***t for brains) What do you guys think?

It reminds me of bodybuilders who eat lots of starch and take steroids, they usually always have some kind of social anxiety and speech impairment, but look stronger physically than everyone else.

Potatoes have solanine, and people who react to it become aggressive (including me), the starch also plays a part however, from my understanding, potatoes are actually a very pro-serotonin food

You sound like you blame steroids for aggravating a condition that arises from eating starch. Is it the case?

OP
S

Starchless

You sound like you blame steroids for aggravating a condition that arises from eating starch. Is it the case?
Many root vegetables contain steroids in them, including potatoes. It's not certain whether these steroids work or not, but it sure makes sense why this character "grows big like a potato" as the video suggests. Solanine is a steroid which also changes your brain and thought patterns.

Similar to ashwaganda, it offers physical benefits but alters your mental state, diosgenin from african yams are similar aswell.

So in a way I'm talking about the natural steroids that occur in potatoes, not synthetic.

Matestube

Many root vegetables contain steroids in them, including potatoes. It's not certain whether these steroids work or not, but it sure makes sense why this character "grows big like a potato" as the video suggests. Solanine is a steroid which also changes your brain and thought patterns.

Similar to ashwaganda, it offers physical benefits but alters your mental state, diosgenin from african yams are similar aswell.

So in a way I'm talking about the natural steroids that occur in potatoes, not synthetic.
No, you were clearly talking about synthetic steroids used by bodybuilders in the post I quoted.
I'm not calling you out and forcing you to change your stance, don't panic. I was just trying to figure out if you had more info about the deleterious effects of steroids, as I am genuinely interested in them.

OP
S

Starchless

No, you were clearly talking about synthetic steroids used by bodybuilders in the post I quoted.
I'm not calling you out and forcing you to change your stance, don't panic. I was just trying to figure out if you had more info about the deleterious effects of steroids, as I am genuinely interested in them.
Yea I was using the synthetic steroids as a description for the specific kinds of people I was talking about, the steroids are really unrelated to the main argument I was making which was to do with starch. I might just take that out because it has a misleading vibe to it and people like you tend to misinterpret things, good for calling me out on that part. And I'm not in a panic you're right here I guess

VitoScaletta

This is indeed a shitpost, but it's not the kind of shitpost you should flush down easily, it's the kind of shitpost that you should use as a sample for further examination.

Potatoes do make people angry and aggressive, nobody notices it so it's easy to call it a placebo effect.
At least 2 generations of my family back they ate at the very least potatoes in the Soviet Union. They were fine

OP
S

Starchless

nvm it won't allow me to edit it anymore

OP
S

Starchless

At least 2 generations of my family back they ate at the very least potatoes in the Soviet Union. They were fine
I guess it depends on the quality of potatoes aswell I'm not sure though, some people react and some don't as I said.
I'm not fine when I eat potatoes, and neither are many others

Nomane Euger

TobiNFHM

Starch only seems to raise serotonin and inflammation if it’s poorly digested which is the case for many people with suboptimal energy production. I had no problem with starch until I crashed my metabolism with keto and undereating. For the time being I feel better without it.
Good Post! I have the exact same experience... Before starting fitness/bodybuilding I could eat all foods without any digestive problems, bloating etc...
After low carb, keto, caloric restriction, lots of fasting I can´t tolerate higher intake of starches anymore. My sweet spot is about 20 - 40 g of starchy carbs per meal max.! More than that and I get the typical high serotonin symptoms like bloating, depression, low dopamine, low libido, social anxiety etc...
On low starch my motivation is so much higher, no/little anxiety, much higher libido etc... :p:
I would love to tolerate starches like in the past, because I love starchy foods and it´s so much easier to get your calories, salt etc... in. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom