[VIDEO] Game Changers DEBUNKED By More Doctors

T

TheBeard

Yeah I may have overshot what Peat recommends in protein.. I think it's somewhere between 80-120 g depending on the person and the situation. But perhaps someone has a solid quote/position from him on this... Certainly based on quite a bit of research that does seem to be the sweet spot for most active people. Very easy to reach on a plant based diet. Don't forget the protein in things like fruit and potatoes which is of a very high quality and many, including Peat, believe to be understated and under calculated in the food science discipline. That aside I do eat well prepared beans and lentils, similar to the prep I do for potatoes and mushrooms.. Cook well in water. Sometimes I soak the legumes overnight or sprout them before cooking. Zinc, calcium, Bs and vitamin A all very easily met eating plant based.
As far as the iron goes, based on the extensive amount of literature, heme iron is the problem. I have never seen any evidence showing non-heme iron (i.e. iron found in plants) to be of any issue to human health unless it is in some highly concentrated/supplemented form. Certainly not at the organic levels found in whole grains and so forth. Conversely there is a ton of research showing heme iron to be extremely problematic. I think they do fortify foods with heme iron and I would certainly avoid that, however the non-heme iron found in whole grains is fine. Also heme iron has a far higher absorption rate than non-heme iron.. If you have any evidence showing different I'm open to seeing it...

You seem to keep pushing an agenda with no evidence at all. "Ton of research showing heme iron to be extremely problematic": I haven't found one on the first three result pages of Pubmed when typing "heme iron".
So you have no studies backing up what you say.

Neither do you have anecdotal evidence showing healthy vegans after 4 years on the diet: they are for the majority emaciated, loosing teeth, hair and weight, with allergies and auto-immune disorders.

Epic song starts at 0:59 :D

Merry Christmas RPF fam. One of my new years resolutions is to eat more minimally processed red meat and fish, beginning with beef tartar and soused herring.

Richiebogie

Aside from Peat there is mountains of evidence showing the benefits of a plant based diet devoid of animal products. Just look into it a bit.
As far as the studies of the vegan populations...
Beyond meatless, the health effects of vegan diets: findings from the Adventist cohorts. - PubMed - NCBI
There is one but there are many more well conducted studies showing the long term benefits.. If you would like me to post more I can but I'll do it tomorrow.

Seventh Day Adventists are expected to follow the vegan teachings of Ellen G White from the late 19th century.

There is social pressure for SDA parishioners to say they are closer to pure vegan than they actually are.

There is employment pressure for SDA researchers to find that veganism is healthier than omnivorism.

Maybe the blue zone in Loma Linda California is really a little white lie zone!

The truest test is for everyone to trial veganism themselves and see if they become healthier or start starving to death.

Seventh Day Adventists are expected to follow the vegan teachings of Ellen G White from the late 19th century.

There is social pressure for SDA parishioners to say they are closer to pure vegan than they actually are.

There is employment pressure for SDA researchers to find that veganism is healthier than omnivorism.

Maybe the blue zone in Loma Linda California is really a little white lie zone!

The truest test is for everyone to trial veganism themselves and see if they become healthier or start starving to death.

Important post about the worrisome political background of veganism,or weakness-inducing psychological Diets,which punishes Humanity for enduring its given biological fate by the rules of nature.7th-Day Adventists are of supreme power,and are writing our history by changing the perceptions of unavoidable rules,maiming the controlled masses (mazza,bread-dough) in the process.

Broken man

When did I say he recommends the diet in his writings and newsletters? I said he has clearly stated multiple times, on the radio show as well, that a well constructed vegan diet in line with his principles would be fine and good for health and achieving optimal metabolism. That's all I'm saying here. Aside from Peat there is mountains of evidence showing the benefits of a plant based diet devoid of animal products. Just look into it a bit.
As far as the studies of the vegan populations...
Beyond meatless, the health effects of vegan diets: findings from the Adventist cohorts. - PubMed - NCBI
There is one but there are many more well conducted studies showing the long term benefits.. If you would like me to post more I can but I'll do it tomorrow.
I believe he said vegeterian not vegan. So cheese and eggs and potato for protein. Also insects are used for protein too.

Broken man

@Ritchie I dont care much about vegans but I do care about the way they are pushing their propaganda, its horrible. I never saw meat eating man talk to vegan that he should start eat meat too. Just think, almonds are very harsh to earth and needs alot of nutrients and water from soil. Broccoli is magnet for heavy metals. Also, there is atleast one report of malnutrished children because of veganism. The most blood boiling thing for me is that everybody can see how vegan children look ill, its disgusting.

Ritchie

I believe he said vegeterian not vegan. So cheese and eggs and potato for protein. Also insects are used for protein too.
No you're wrong, he said vegan. But man don't worry about it, if you're diet is working for you then continue with it.

Ritchie

@Ritchie there is atleast one report of malnutrished children because of veganism. The most blood boiling thing for me is that everybody can see how vegan children look ill, its disgusting.
Lol and how many reports are there of malnourished children eating meat based diets :lol: C'mon dude. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else, I'm just saying do what is working for you but don't close yourself off to options and possibilities because of some weird ideology or strong philosophical position against plant based. That's just shooting yourself in the foot.

Back
Top Bottom