Tarmander

This may be a long shot. I have a friend who recently started taking Victoza which is used to treat type 2 diabetes. I have been looking for studies and information on GLP-1 without much luck. From some of the reviews I have read from people, it seems to be positively received, but I believe it is relatively new, so who knows the longer term effects. Does anyone have any experience with Victoza or studies that would point to more information on GLP-1 and how it might affect estrogen, serotonin, prolactin, etc?

Salome

Bump because I also want to know. New medications on the market such as MOUNJARO act as agonists of the GLP-1 and GIP receptors and seem too good to be true.

Elie

Forum Supporter
This may be a long shot. I have a friend who recently started taking Victoza which is used to treat type 2 diabetes. I have been looking for studies and information on GLP-1 without much luck. From some of the reviews I have read from people, it seems to be positively received, but I believe it is relatively new, so who knows the longer term effects. Does anyone have any experience with Victoza or studies that would point to more information on GLP-1 and how it might affect estrogen, serotonin, prolactin, etc?
I asked a wholistic experienced MD about ozemoic, which I believe is similar, and he sad he hasn't observed ill effects.
in another post on the forum a user reported losing 8kg of weight over 3 months but then stalled. no osubcutananous fart lost, which I a don't understand....

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

One thing I learned about these GLP-1 Agonists is they are catabolic. You will lose weight, but probably also muscle. Maybe eating high protein could mitigate this a bit. My doc said you have to stay on them because once you go off, you regain the weight.

If you are dying from type 2 diabetes, being on one of these is probably worth it though

Elie

Forum Supporter
One thing I learned about these GLP-1 Agonists is they are catabolic. You will lose weight, but probably also muscle. Maybe eating high protein could mitigate this a bit. My doc said you have to stay on them because once you go off, you regain the weight.

If you are dying from type 2 diabetes, being on one of these is probably worth it though
helpful to know. thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals