Vick Vaporub Inhaler

southcesar

Hello everybody. Do you think this inhaler is peat-ish? (Vick Vaporub). It is said to have camphor and Levomentol as active ingredients, in addition to methyl salicylate and Siberian pine needle oil as excipients. I've read somewhere that menthol lowers testosterone, and camphor affects FSH >> The Effect of Camphor on Sex Hormones Levels in Rats The other ingredients, would anyone know to tell me if they benefit from some way? Thanks in advance.

akgrrrl

The first thing you should consider is that products like this are now made synthetically. Camphor, peppermint, eucalyptus , wintergreen and the like, can be made to smell just like a real plant. But the therapeutic values are not there.

jondoeuk

The first thing you should consider is that products like this are now made synthetically. Camphor, peppermint, eucalyptus , wintergreen and the like, can be made to smell just like a real plant. But the therapeutic values are not there.

I was only aware of camphor being synthetic.

akgrrrl

It is good to read labels yes . peppermint synthed in late 1960s. After that, if looking for more than a smell, therapeutic values xan be hard to come by, as high heat during pressing, processing, distilling, destroys those elements.(and of course the tendency is to get all they can out of it) this is further complicated by outsourcing by companies who then have no idea what those plants have gone thru. Synthetic is quick and reliable. Plant potencies vary wildly according to treatment, harvest method, sun, water, soil, elevation,even wind, per the season. Unless the company I buy from is willing to disclose the chemical assay or spectographic analysis I dont bother. Or, buy a bottle of peppermint from a reliable source like Young Living and see the difference for yourself. That peppermint is a good breathing aid and brain wakerupper jn any case. Be careful with it, one drop goes a long way

tara

Hello everybody. Do you think this inhaler is peat-ish? (Vick Vaporub).
I don't know what Peat would say about it, but I'd use it temporarily if it helped ease breathing during a cold.

OP
S

southcesar

Thank you very much for the answers, I will use it for a short period of time so if it is bad at least it won't be for a long time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom