Vibration Platform

Elephanto

EMFs came to mind when I tried one at my mom's. Didn't like the effect, it caused nerve twitching that felt like small electrical shocks and that was at the lowest setting. I don't think it's the same thing as what is discussed here though, it was a platform for blood circulation in legs/feet used when you are sitting.

Doing this feels really good though :

David PS

yes it looks like it is possible to overdo it and staying within recommended limits is prudent. Safety and severity of accelerations delivered from whole body vibration exercise devices to standing adults I think I'll avoid the higher frequencies on mine. thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks for the information. Now, I am rethinking my use of vibration machines as well. The full text of the study can be found at at https://www.researchgate.net/profil...standing-adults.pdf?origin=publication_detail

Amazigh

I've had one since 2010. I don't do more than 10 minutes on it. It helped me eliminate morning muscle stiffness, and soreness from working out. There's some Russian research I read about it before I bought it, which I don't have on hand, but I remember they had used it on their space shuttle to avoid bone loss. Supposedly it also builds muscle, helps with fat loss, helps with lymphatic elimination, etc.

OP
Ideonaut

Ideonaut

I've had one since 2010. I don't do more than 10 minutes on it. It helped me eliminate morning muscle stiffness, and soreness from working out. There's some Russian research I read about it before I bought it, which I don't have on hand, but I remember they had used it on their space shuttle to avoid bone loss. Supposedly it also builds muscle, helps with fat loss, helps with lymphatic elimination, etc.
yes, I'd go with the Russian assessment over more money-biased American assessment. I noticed neurosurgeon Dr. Jack Kruse saying in a recent interview that vibrating platforms are very good. If anyone should be alert to their possibly causing neurological damage, he should.

ken

Five years ago I used to go to a tanning parlor to ride a Beauty Angel. Standing booth with red light and a vibration plate in the base. I guess I stopped over having to have memberships and scheduling. Always other things to do.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Five years ago I used to go to a tanning parlor to ride a Beauty Angel. Standing booth with red light and a vibration plate in the base. I guess I stopped over having to have memberships and scheduling. Always other things to do.
I just tried the Beauty Angel for the first time today. It does feel relaxing. I’m going to try my best to go several times each week to see if I experience any positive effects.