Very Sleepy After Taking Vitamin D

beachbum

Hello all,

Does anyone get this way along with achy joints, also I stopped most supplements because they made me feel worse. The only thing so for that helps alot is coconut oil. I still use progesterone cream nothing added to it , it does make me feel tired too but not as bad, I also put maca in my protein drinks. I also find I feel better if I have some kind of bead in the morning, but my main question is the vitamin d makes me very sleepy and having magnesium supple (natural calm) that doesnt work, most everything makes me tired but the vitamin d very sleepy and achy not too bad but enough to feel more than average.

Thank you

tara

Welcome beachbum :welcome

There is a thread or two about vit-D, including some controversy about the value of supplementation.

If you want opinions about your specific situation, you'll probably get more ideas if you post more about your situation, diet, etc.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi Tara

I tried a vitamin d search but didnt find anything, would it possible if you can post the vitamin d discussion please. Too tired to give more info about myself right now.

Thank you

Curt :-)

Hi beach bum :) if you go to advanced search, you can filter the results by topic titles only, that way you'll get threads that have "vitamin d" in the title (or whatever you searched for) :)

tara

aquaman

tara said:

There is a thread or two about vit-D, including some controversy about the value of supplementation.

If you want opinions about your specific situation, you'll probably get more ideas if you post more about your situation, diet, etc.

In the Eluv interview I posted yesterday, RP talks about the value of Vitamin D supplementation as tested in a hospital, which hugely cut the number of recovery days for patients. He seems to be quite positive in relation to Vit D supplementation.

Perhaps the Vit D could be reducing the OP's stress hormones making her sleepy?

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hello everyone thank you,

Thank you for the link very interesting and helpful. What does OP stand for. I was thinking if I was right reading vitamin d effects blood pressure and insullin if it does lower both that would make sense because my BP runs low and my insullin is touchy. I decided as of now not to supplement. I would like to add I can't take multivitamins or most supplements they mess me up. I do have a fast metabolism. I did google this question and there are others that experience the same thing with vitamin d.

Thank you again, very interested to here other reasons or possibilities.

tara

aquaman said:
tara said:

In the Eluv interview I posted yesterday, RP talks about the value of Vitamin D supplementation as tested in a hospital, which hugely cut the number of recovery days for patients. He seems to be quite positive in relation to Vit D supplementation.

Perhaps the Vit D could be reducing the OP's stress hormones making her sleepy?
Quite possible; that happens with lots other things that reduce stress too.

BingDing

OP means original poster. What does "some kind of bead in the morning" mean?

My broad take on being healthy is you have to get replete in vitamins and minerals no matter what philosophy of nutrition you follow. IMO, it's not particularly easy, there are endless questions about absorption of nutrients, whether the food we eat actually has the nutrients it is supposed to, how to eat the foods to get what you need every day, etc.

Maybe a lack of some other nutrients is the problem, vitamin K and calcium work together with D.

Vitamin D is very important, please don't give up on it for a long time. Maybe the brand you used has excipients that caused the problems. Achy joints just sounds like it's something else.

tara

beachbum said:
I do have a fast metabolism.
If you feel like it,
What makes you think you have a fast metabolism?
What are you eating?
Are you trying to run sleep-deprived?
Are you getting regular sunlight?

BingDing said:
What does "some kind of bead in the morning" mean?
bread?

BingDing said:
My broad take on being healthy is you have to get replete in vitamins and minerals no matter what philosophy of nutrition you follow. IMO, it's not particularly easy, there are endless questions about absorption of nutrients, whether the food we eat actually has the nutrients it is supposed to, how to eat the foods to get what you need every day, etc.

Maybe a lack of some other nutrients is the problem, vitamin K and calcium work together with D.
This sounds credible to me.

G

gummybear

I try to get as much sun as possible instead of relying on vitamin d. Or get a very good quality vit d. Most are a pretty ***t.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
beachbum

beachbum

Helo all,

Thank for clearing the OP. Yes the is bread. Im still a work in progress with food. Ok I first took a liquid d3 and within an hour I fell asleep and my body felt achy, then reduced it next time, then bought it with k and calcium still the same thing, tried having magnesium with it still same, mine you if I take it and move around its a little better but I dont feel right. Now the reducing my stress hormone is this good or bad im thinking not good.

Thank you

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi all

Does anyone have more input on this?

Thank you

tara

beachbum said:
Does anyone have more input on this?
Thank you
I expect you might get more input if you give more information. It's hard to make informed guesses about what might be going on without a bit more context.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but just giving input on vitamin d again. Well since I wrote this thread I had no supplements until 2 days ago tried vitamin d again with same results so I m not going to supplement D anymore, but I started vit b multi again and so far with really nice results. B multi use to make me very hyper with way to much energy or spacey. As for the D it puts me in like a coma and I wake up in the night gasping for air and get really frustrating dreams and sweating like I worked out, so my sleep is very stressful. This happens most nights but not as intense like last night, usually just a quick wake up and then roll over. Lately I havent dreamed much until last night and the gasping for air thing was getting better until last night from the vit D. Oh and the joint pain gets worse as well after the vit D too.

Waynish

Yep, this happens. Try taking lower dosages of vitamin D - and also try with food (I'd say around lunch time). If none of that works, then I would just do it transdermally (using something like estroban).

L

lollipop

Yep, this happens. Try taking lower dosages of vitamin D - and also try with food (I'd say around lunch time). If none of that works, then I would just do it transdermally (using something like estroban).
Yes, I also take transdermally on my wrists.

Frankdee20

What's up with cracking noises in my neck, and kinked up shoulder pain whenever I use my D3, K2 ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals