Very Serious PSA/Warning Regarding Unique E Supplement

yerrag

swelling around both ankles has completely gone. stick to the powders guys. never tried topicals but i'de imagine they would be safer too. And definitely double check the source for vit e.
I was wondering about the acetate powder form of Vitamin E. I didn't know a powder form of Vitamin E exists. What brand is this?

yerrag

Unique E has been the subject of a lot of criticism in recent times. It was the premium E supplement until they changed their formula at some point around 2014, I think it was. People were not happy.
What changed with Unique E?

OP
B

beta pandemic

I was wondering about the acetate powder form of Vitamin E. I didn't know a powder form of Vitamin E exists. What brand is this?

high purity d alpha tocopherol acetate non gm in powder form. they are easily available. google ebay etc

yerrag

d alpha tocopherol acetate in powder form. they are easily available. google ebay etc
Thanks. I see them now. I also wonder why all the vitamin E listed in toxinless.com does not have any in powder form. Is there a reason @Dan Wich?

Dan W

@beta pandemic, do you still have the bottle? Would you be willing to cut open one of the capsules and note any unusual smells (other than the standard mild "nutty" smell), and compare its color to this photo?
unique-e-liquid-comparison.jpeg

I'm just curious if there's anything blatantly wrong with the oil inside. They definitely have a lot of variability in the oil color/viscosity (and probably variability in who supplies the soy).

What changed with Unique E?
I think it's probably a reference to this thread. I'm now *slightly* more sympathetic to the "harvest variability" explanation they gave (I think I posted it somewhere in that thread).

Thanks. I see them now. I also wonder why all the vitamin E listed in toxinless.com does not have any in powder form. Is there a reason @Dan Wich?
Nothing against powder forms (although I vaguely remember something suggesting possible degradation?), I've just never bothered to add any because everyone seems more interested in mixed tocopherols. Although it does look like there's a few mixed tocopherol powder companies now that I look.

I suspect it's still useful to take them mixed in an oil though, or at least with a fatty meal.

yerrag

@beta pandemic, do you still have the bottle? Would you be willing to cut open one of the capsules and note any unusual smells (other than the standard mild "nutty" smell), and compare its color to this photo?
unique-e-liquid-comparison.jpeg

I'm just curious if there's anything blatantly wrong with the oil inside. They definitely have a lot of variability in the oil color/viscosity (and probably variability in who supplies the soy).

I think it's probably a reference to this thread. I'm now *slightly* more sympathetic to the "harvest variability" explanation they gave (I think I posted it somewhere in that thread).

Nothing against powder forms (although I vaguely remember something suggesting possible degradation?), I've just never bothered to add any because everyone seems more interested in mixed tocopherols. Although it does look like there's a few mixed tocopherol powder companies now that I look.

I suspect it's still useful to take them mixed in an oil though, or at least with a fatty meal.

Thanks for making it a little clearer for me. I've always had the thought that anything that has acetate when it has to do with Vitamin E wasn't good. I didn't know the acetate form was available in powder form, nor any other form of Vitamin E. I just kind of assumed that Vitamin E had to be dissolved in an oil carrier, hence the way it's packaged by Unique E.

I also wonder why it is mostly sourced from soya oil, and dissolved in soya oil. Why isn't it sourced from other oils, like coconut oil, and then dissolved in coconut oil and encapsulated?

And since vitamin E is an antioxidant, doesn't being in powder form expose it to air? And wouldn't it be less potent having been exposed to air?

I also was told long ago by a naturopathic doctor to take Unique E because it is a mixed tocopherol, which is supposed superior, but I didn't get to understand the "why" of it as the explanation seems pretty complicated.

Still confused. Sorry.

Waynish

I bought Unique E too and only took one pill due to a very strong reaction thereafter. I don't know how to talk about it since I don't seem to have allergic reactions to soy in food (based on experiences at many Japanese restaurants).
(Bought from Amazon on 11/26/15)

Beta, are you allergic to gluten or any other foods?
Maybe we can have our bottles tested by a lab for toxins and at least get our money back (for testing and the bottle) :)

OP
B

beta pandemic

I live in australia. if i lived in the US i'd most definitely take further action and wouldve kept the capsules and topical i bought. The topical was a clear and viscious liquid. no color.

im not sure what i can do from here. but if there is something, then i will have no problem buying another bottle.

@Waynish i dont have any allergies. but i do have a sensitivity wheat and other gluten containing grains where if i replace the rice (about 500g a day) with it i will start getting headaches and joint pain (the knee) and eventually acne within about a week. however i do think it can be overcome, but i dont have the luxury to do that atm.

Waynish

I live in australia. if i lived in the US i'd most definitely take further action and wouldve kept the capsules and topical i bought. The topical was a clear and viscious liquid. no color.

im not sure what i can do from here. but if there is something, then i will have no problem buying another bottle.

@Waynish i dont have any allergies. but i do have a sensitivity wheat and other gluten containing grains where if i replace the rice (about 500g a day) with it i will start getting headaches and joint pain (the knee) and eventually acne within about a week. however i do think it can be overcome, but i dont have the luxury to do that atm.

The reason I ask is that I felt like I got something similar to a gluten reaction to the unique E. I'm celiac and have never reacted to a supplement in this way before. Hmmmm.

Birdie

"I live in australia. if i lived in the US i'd most definitely take further action and wouldve kept the capsules and topical i bought." Beta pandemic reported this.

Do we know what topical was used? I read through the thread and didn't notice that Bp had used a topical too.

I've been using Unique still. We reduced our dose to one or two a month since I heard rumors about Unique and was not so sure about using it.

Overton

Bumping this as I just found out the hard way: Unique E explicitly contains Soybean Oil now on the label. Trash!

I know Tocovit is a good choice in liquid form. Is Thorne the next best choice for capsule form Vitamin E, or any others?

L_C

Bumping this as I just found out the hard way: Unique E explicitly contains Soybean Oil now on the label. Trash!

I know Tocovit is a good choice in liquid form. Is Thorne the next best choice for capsule form Vitamin E, or any others?
I think Tocovit might be the only one. I used to think Forefront health vitamin E is good...but it contains gamma which is not good.

peter88

I think Tocovit might be the only one. I used to think Forefront health vitamin E is good...but it contains gamma which is not good.
Why is gamma tocopherol no good? Travis had dozens of posts citing the benefits of high gamma vitamin e.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals