Very High Sugar Intake = No Weight Gain Without FAT Or PROTEIN

ddjd

I definitely have a problem with my weight but I 100% agree that sugar and carbs alone are not the problem.

ive experimented with very very high sugar intake, away from fat and protein, and have noticed zero weight gain. 100% Fruitarians for instance have zero fat (I'm not recommending fruitarianism)

however as soon as I introduce any fat with sugar, particularly SATURATED fat, it's game over. The fat just piles on like crazy. Protein also seems to be tricky alongside high sugar.

but the main point is sugar is not the problem!

has anyone tried a weightloss regime of half the day doing very high carb with zero fat +protein, and then have a high protein and fat meal in the evenings away from high carb??

mrchibbs

It's normal, and Ray has written about this, the reason why calorie restriction works initially is because dietary fats are lower.

I think fat is crucial for health, but here's my understanding:

When we're in a stressed state, any fat early in the day goes to fat storage because metabolism is slow.

If instead you start the day with sugars, fruits, honey, and wait till you can get your insulin working again, and your temperature up (using by the early afternoon), then you can start thinking about eating a fatty meal, especially at dinner, and you won't gain weight at all if you restrict your fat intake to when your temperatures are at their peak (late afternoon, early evening), because everything will get metabolized properly, and the saturated fats will help absorb the vitamins and nutrients and lower inflammation, while slowing down absorption of food and giving a steady supply of nutrients throughout the night.

A typical example is someone eating a breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon and going right back to bed. If instead you eat fruits, you won't feel drowsy or lethargic. Tim Berzins (Amplified Vitality) talks about eating an egg meal in the afternoon, and I totally agree with him. It makes all the difference.

As soon as I understood this, I started shedding weight every single week easily.

EIRE24

@CLASH is someone who does both high carb and high saturated fat. Mostly sugar from fruit like you just stated.

Jib

It's normal, and Ray has written about this, the reason why calorie restriction works initially is because dietary fats are lower.

When we're in a stressed state, any fat early in the day goes to fat storage because metabolism is slow.

If instead you start the day with sugars, fruits, honey, and wait till you can get your insulin working again, and your temperature up (using by the early afternoon), then you can start thinking about eating a fatty meal, especially at dinner, and you won't gain weight at all if you restrict your fat intake to when your temperatures are at their peak (late afternoon, early evening), because everything will get metabolized properly, and the saturated fats will help absorb the vitamins and nutrients and lower inflammation, while slowing down absorption of food and giving a steady supply of nutrients throughout the night.

A typical example is someone eating a breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon and going right back to bed. If instead you eat fruits, you won't feel drowsy or lethargic. Tim Berzins (Amplified Vitality) talks about eating an egg meal in the afternoon, and I totally agree with him. It makes all the difference.

As soon as I understood this, I started shedding weight every single week easily.

I'm gonna have to try this.

What about lean protein earlier in the day?

I used to have lots of oranges and bananas, and come to think of it, the days I've felt best were when I had a breakfast "mono meal" of fruit, as much as I wanted. Never had it with protein but now I'm wondering if that would also be OK.

mrchibbs

I'm gonna have to try this.

What about lean protein earlier in the day?

I used to have lots of oranges and bananas, and come to think of it, the days I've felt best were when I had a breakfast "mono meal" of fruit, as much as I wanted. Never had it with protein but now I'm wondering if that would also be OK.

I think lean protein would be fine. It's not like I've devised a scientific blueprint lol, although I personally would not have protein with the fruits, at least not as the first meal. That being said, I do drink coffee with milk, so there are some proteins in the milk. And some proteins in fruits too by the way (Ray has made interesting comments about this)

What I'm most interested in is combining the benefits of different approaches. I discovered the great feelings of starting the day on fruits when I was vegan for a bit, and after experimenting with Ray's ideas and physiology, and I've also tested it on other people, nearly all of them feel much better starting the day off with fruits. I think I also needed to be creative because I can't find good oranges, so instead I found the ripe fruits I liked best. Fruits, eggs, dairy and meat are really the only foods which are really meant to be foods. I like vegetables and some grains but they need to be cooked to death to be valuable.

In summer, I like a bowl of cubed watermelons and cafe latte. Mangoes are great when they're good. In winter, I like applesauce and/or canned peaches.
Berries can be good too, when they're in season. (the seeds are not a problem, they pass through undigested). Dried figs are great too although I haven't had them in over a year. When all fails, honey in warm water is great too.

I think everyone has to find a fructose source they like best, and use it first thing in the morning to replenish the liver, and raise metabolism. By lunch time, you should have a good temperature, and any lean protein would be fine to eat.

Mossy

If instead you start the day with sugars, fruits, honey, and wait till you can get your insulin working again, and your temperature up (using by the early afternoon), then you can start thinking about eating a fatty meal
Does this mean you don’t take fat soluble supplements in the morning? Any thoughts on how to take these in the AM, with this approach?

tankasnowgod

I think lean protein would be fine. It's not like I've devised a scientific blueprint lol, although I personally would not have protein with the fruits, at least not as the first meal. That being said, I do drink coffee with milk, so there are some proteins in the milk. And some proteins in fruits too by the way (Ray has made interesting comments about this)

What I'm most interested in is combining the benefits of different approaches. I discovered the great feelings of starting the day on fruits when I was vegan for a bit, and after experimenting with Ray's ideas and physiology, and I've also tested it on other people, nearly all of them feel much better starting the day off with fruits. I think I also needed to be creative because I can't find good oranges, so instead I found the ripe fruits I liked best. Fruits, eggs, dairy and meat are really the only foods which are really meant to be foods. I like vegetables and some grains but they need to be cooked to death to be valuable.

In summer, I like a bowl of cubed watermelons and cafe latte. Mangoes are great when they're good. In winter, I like applesauce and/or canned peaches.
Berries can be good too, when they're in season. (the seeds are not a problem, they pass through undigested). Dried figs are great too although I haven't had them in over a year. When all fails, honey in warm water is great too.

I think everyone has to find a fructose source they like best, and use it first thing in the morning to replenish the liver, and raise metabolism. By lunch time, you should have a good temperature, and any lean protein would be fine to eat.

Man, I really like this idea. I started the year by cutting fat A LOT. Probably from like 120g to around 20g. Well, mornings and afternoons have been great! But these nights...... man, it feels like it took just a few days to hit "fat starvation."

My mornings are already good, I use juice and some protein powders, have coffee with lotsa sugar and some 1% milk (there seems like a world of difference between 1% and skim). I purchased some 96/4 lean ground beef. That with some honey at lunch has been pretty tasty. But dinner....... that's when I feel it, almost painful.

Nice thing is, this is a "tweak" that makes sense in a lot of ways. I could have 96/4 beef for lunch, and 85/15 or whatever for dinner. It will still be less fat overall than I was eating, hitting somewhere between 10-20% of cals from fat, with very little PUFA

Sefton10

Man, I really like this idea. I started the year by cutting fat A LOT. Probably from like 120g to around 20g. Well, mornings and afternoons have been great! But these nights...... man, it feels like it took just a few days to hit "fat starvation."

My mornings are already good, I use juice and some protein powders, have coffee with lotsa sugar and some 1% milk (there seems like a world of difference between 1% and skim). I purchased some 96/4 lean ground beef. That with some honey at lunch has been pretty tasty. But dinner....... that's when I feel it, almost painful.

Nice thing is, this is a "tweak" that makes sense in a lot of ways. I could have 96/4 beef for lunch, and 85/15 or whatever for dinner. It will still be less fat overall than I was eating, hitting somewhere between 10-20% of cals from fat, with very little PUFA
How’s this been working out for you?

ReSTART

The only time I gained weight was eating high fat and high carb. Eating high carb, I never gain weight.

I definitely have a problem with my weight but I 100% agree that sugar and carbs alone are not the problem.

ive experimented with very very high sugar intake, away from fat and protein, and have noticed zero weight gain. 100% Fruitarians for instance have zero fat (I'm not recommending fruitarianism)

however as soon as I introduce any fat with sugar, particularly SATURATED fat, it's game over. The fat just piles on like crazy. Protein also seems to be tricky alongside high sugar.

but the main point is sugar is not the problem!

has anyone tried a weightloss regime of half the day doing very high carb with zero fat +protein, and then have a high protein and fat meal in the evenings away from high carb??
Fat plus starches puts weight on me too…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals