Very High Salt Intake (50g A Day) Increases Metabolism, Makes People Energetic And Happy

Elize

You can find information here. Any citrate would be a Histamine liberator. Carbonate is better.

Look at the downloads and then food lists.

HIT > Introduction

Elize

The salt had a bad reaction with me. Tanked my cortisol badly.

somuch4food

12 pm took 1/4 teaspoon salt with my food. 2 pm sweating and very jittery. Did it lower my cortisol? Body aches and eyes feel pressure behind them

I seem to have histamine issues atm and I'm also attempting to rehydrate with sodium. I was using sea salt and it doesn't seem effective. I have a similar reaction with too much magnesium, so it seems chloride is the culprit.

This morning I tried to use baking soda instead and I didn't have the same adverse reaction. Bicarbonate is helpful for histamine issues.

Elize

I used Himalayan salt. How did you use the Bicarbonate of soda and how much. Evening or morning

Thanks

somuch4food

I used Himalayan salt. How did you use the Bicarbonate of soda and how much. Evening or morning

Thanks

Actually, I've returned to sea salt since I can't stomach any more baking soda. It tastes bad now, it was fine the first two times though.

I was inspired by this post: All About Hydration - What you DON'T Know About Electrolytes & Why There Is A Better Alternative!

I'm making an electrolyte drink consisting of plain sugar and sodium (either sea salt or baking soda).

Using the info provided on the blog:
Maximal water uptake occurs with a sodium concentration from 40 to 90 mmol/L (920mg-2070mg/L), a glucose concentration from 110 to 140 mmol/L (2.0 to 2.5 g/100 mL) and an osmolarity of about 290 mOsm/L, the osmolarity of body fluids.
See this to convert mmol : CDC - Salt Resources - Sodium Reduction Toolkit - DHDSP

I determined that the correct concentrations are:

Sea salt = 30/39% sodium => 2.6g-5.9g/L
Baking soda = 27.36% sodium => 3.3g-7.5g/L
Glucose = 20-25g => 40-50g sugar/L (50% glucose)

I find that I tolerate the salt better that way.

Elize

Wow thanks for the information. Just what I needed. Will give it a go. Still feeling drained after the salt trial.

Elize

I see Hydrant is out of stock on Amazon. Can we make our own mixture?

SOMO

Actually, I've returned to sea salt since I can't stomach any more baking soda. It tastes bad now, it was fine the first two times though.

I was inspired by this post: All About Hydration - What you DON'T Know About Electrolytes & Why There Is A Better Alternative!

I'm making an electrolyte drink consisting of plain sugar and sodium (either sea salt or baking soda).

Using the info provided on the blog:

See this to convert mmol : CDC - Salt Resources - Sodium Reduction Toolkit - DHDSP

I know 1 teaspoon of salt = ~3g, but not all of that is sodium.

Any idea what the conversion to teaspoons/tablespoons would be for those of us that don't have food scales?

somuch4food

Ingredients Electrolyte drink
Will make my own. Recipe from Wellness Mama

If you check the blog post I linked to, you will understand the importance of correct glucose and sodium concentration for optimal hydration. If you like the recipe use it but adapt the glucose and sodium to reach the same ratios.

lampofred

Do you know the mechanism as to how/why salt lowers cortisol? Is it because it increases CO2?

Elize

I have no idea. I just know that my temperature dropped. I became shaky, pressure behind eyes and the next morning felt very drained and for 2 days feel sleepy and wake up 11 pm to 3 am. Sweating and yet low temp

tankasnowgod

In such high doses, you will end up with stomach cancer.

Nah. No evidence for that.

Peat even addressed this idea here- Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

There have been several publications suggesting that increasing the amount of salt in the diet might cause stomach cancer, because countries such as Japan with a high salt intake have a high incidence of stomach cancer.

Studies in which animals were fed popular Japanese foods--“salted cuttlefish guts, broiled, salted, dried sardines, pickled radish, and soy sauce”--besides a chemical carcinogen, showed that the Japanese foods increased the number of tumors. But another study, adding only soy sauce (with a salt content of about 18%) to the diet did not increase the incidence of cancer, in another it was protective against stomach cancer (Benjamin, et al., 1991). Several studies show that dried fish and pickled vegetables are carcinogenic, probably because of the oxidized fats, and other chemical changes, and fungal contamination, which are likely to be worse without the salt. Animals fed dried fish were found to have mutagenic urine, apparently as a result of toxic materials occurring in various preserved foods (Fong, et al., 1979).

Although preserved foods develop many peculiar toxins, even fresh fish in the diet have been found to be associated with increased cancer risk (Phukan, et al., 2006).

When small animals were given a milliliter of a saturated salt solution with the carcinogen, the number of tumors was increased with the salt. However, when the salt was given with mucin, it had no cancer promoting effect. Since the large amount of a saturated salt solution breaks down the stomach’s protective mucus coating, the stomach cells were not protected from the carcinogen. Rather than showing that salt causes stomach cancer, the experiments showed that a cup or more of saturated salt solution, or several ounces of pure salt, shouldn’t be ingested at the same time as a strong carcinogen."

Lejeboca

I used Himalayan salt.

Did you try a pure NaCl ? Himalayan salt has much iron and may have impurities that interfere with your other supplements. (I think I saw your writing that you take magnesium and thyroid supps.)

Lejeboca

Do you know the mechanism as to how/why salt lowers cortisol? Is it because it increases CO2?

I'd say that, more directly, it is due to salt's thermogenic effects and its protection against the activation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA) system, both of which decrease the body's stress state; hence, cortisol production lessens.

Elize

I only have Synthroid and Liothyronine T3 NO supplements as I react to the fillers. Magnesium has the same effect as the salt did.

Ogilvie

somuch4food, is that EITHER salt or baking soda? Or both in the same recipe, sort of half/half? I just made a liter with these concentrations using both salt and baking soda with sugar and it tastes right, not overly salty, but I just wanted to double-check with you.

Ogilvie

I used Real Salt from the Redmond company in Utah. I usually use pickling salt on my food but wanted some extra minerals for the hydrating water recipe.

somuch4food

somuch4food, is that EITHER salt or baking soda? Or both in the same recipe, sort of half/half? I just made a liter with these concentrations using both salt and baking soda with sugar and it tastes right, not overly salty, but I just wanted to double-check with you.

It's either, but I have actually thought of doing half of each since they seem to have different effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals