Very High Cholesterol + High Prolactin + High Progesterone - What to do?

tom94

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 14.46.26.png

Advocate2021

So obvious- classic hypothyroid. you need a thyroid supplement and assuming you are already on pro thyroid peat diet- fruit, milk, avoid pufa, gelatin, coconut oil, saturated fats, no raw vegetables and barely any vegetables except raw white carrot, bamboo and mushrooms, avoid beta carotene, avoid radiation, liver but avoid excess vitamin A, etc./low thyroid causes high cholesterol because the cholesterol not being converted to the steroids. Are you supplementing progesterone and which one?

OP
T

tom94

Advocate2021

Still say low thyroid- whether you need supplement or can do it with diet depends upon how old are you? also, how much fruit and sugar are you eating? how many times per week are you eating liver? stress and working out if you aren't doing it to minimize stess hormones can definitely effect this. Are you taking progesterone? the cancer and surgery indicates high estrogen/low thyroid.

HighT

So obvious- classic hypothyroid.
Fear monger.

Your ft3 is in the bottom of the range but still in the range. Ft4 and TSH are alright from what i know.

Do you have cold hands and feet. If so are you drinking coffee and orange jiuce?

My cholesteroll was like yours if not higher when I did check it an year ago and yet I'm fine.

It seems you raised your test by almost 50% from your previous lab. And for a guy with one testicle that is great number.

Check my thread Am I going to die soon ? You could find helpful answers there.

Advocate2021

Fear monger.

Your ft3 is in the bottom of the range but still in the range. Ft4 and TSH are alright from what i know.

Do you have cold hands and feet. If so are you drinking coffee and orange jiuce?

My cholesteroll was like yours if not higher when I did check it an year ago and yet I'm fine.

It seems you raised your test by almost 50% from your previous lab. And for a guy with one testicle that is great number.

I dont appreciate the name calling. I am not inciting fear; i am merely stating a fact based upon 25 years of experience and a personal rapport with Dr. Ray Peat that entire time- I learned from the best. A TSH of over 3 is quite high. Dr, Peat likes to see it as close to 0 as possible. and high cholesterol is a tell tale low thyroid indicator also per Dr. Peat based upon seminal thyroid data. i also asked how old because cholesterol does rise and a protective mechanism with age. When i was severely hypothyroid in my 30's my cholesterol came back high and i was a mess- felt like an old injured animal and struggled each day just to breathe.. When i reached my optimal thyroid dose at 38, my cholesterol normalized as did all of my hormones and i felt like a teenager and looked like one too and attained amazing health. I am simply speaking from my experience and trying to help- i am not inciting fear; I am inciting hope!!!!

Advocate2021

I dont appreciate the name calling. I am not inciting fear; i am merely stating a fact based upon 25 years of experience and a personal rapport with Dr. Ray Peat that entire time- I learned from the best. A TSH of over 3 is quite high. Dr, Peat likes to see it as close to 0 as possible. and high cholesterol is a tell tale low thyroid indicator also per Dr. Peat based upon seminal thyroid data. i also asked how old because cholesterol does rise and a protective mechanism with age. When i was severely hypothyroid in my 30's my cholesterol came back high and i was a mess- felt like an old injured animal and struggled each day just to breathe.. When i reached my optimal thyroid dose at 38, my cholesterol normalized as did all of my hormones and i felt like a teenager and looked like one too and attained amazing health. I am simply speaking from my experience and trying to help- i am not inciting fear; I am inciting hope!!!!
T3 and T4 blood work are not the best indicators of thyroid function. i would know because when i had not menstruated at 17 and was put in the hands of Big Medical who did all the thyroid Bloodwork and said it was "normal" and put me on estrogen for 12 years, i almost died. I was low thryoid and thats why i didnt menstruate. When i figured that out in my 30's, suddenly i attained the hormone profile i should have had with regular menstrual cycles, fertility and health. so, i dont put a lot of credence in T3 and T4 on bloodwork and much more on the other indicators- temperature, pulse rate, cholesterol, hormones, symptoms etc. wh

Vanset

You have one testicle, so everything that follows on your labs makes sense.
High cholesterol can be modulated by dietary fat, cholesterol and fiber, given that you have one testicle it being higher than normal makes sense.
Your trigs are fine, ideally they would be half of that, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Go check out Paul Saladino. He ate a keto/carnivore and his lipids were through the roof, his CAC score was 0 so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Same for Shawn Baker. (also how is it that the carnivore doctors have plant based names? Saladino, Baker, Berry? Are we in a matrix after all?)
Elevated LH makes sense as well, given you have one testicle.
Progesterone is fine, no need to worry.
You tested TSH twice, 1.5 and 3. The first time your prolactin was fine, second time it's slightly elevated, same for TSH, they go hand in hand in stress. This is textbook stress. Chill out my dude. Also prolactin can rise together with your testosterone levels, which also makes sense in the context of your labs, first time you tested lower T than the second time.

Also back to one testicle. Just lol@ the guys here trying to optimize their testosterone for YEARS and here's a guy with one (1) testicle mogging them to the current position of voyager 1 and back. Diet, am i right, guys?

I would like to know the amount of fat, fiber and cholesterol that you eat on a daily basis. You could also test fasting insulin and Hba1c, but looking at your trigs and SHBG it's probably fine.

EDIT: Also I didn't read the post you linked, just looked at the labs. You said you weren't fasted before the first test so that messes things up a bit. Only test bloods fasted. That being said I don't really see anything too worriesome on your labs, although your cholesterol should ideally be lower. Do you even have any health problems that could be explained by the labs you posted or is this just a checkup? Chill out and relax, retest in a few months FASTED.

Last edited:

Advocate2021

Also when a thread is started I think it is important to give as much info as possible- when i responded originally all i had was the posted lab results and none of the infor from the other thread that was referenced later re the surgery etc. However, even with that info, i still think thyroid is off which can be addressed by diet and also possible addition of thyroid supplement i think it would help. and the fact that there was history of cancer in the first place suggests that may have been one of the causal factors in the first place.

OP
T

tom94

So obvious- classic hypothyroid. you need a thyroid supplement and assuming you are already on pro thyroid peat diet- fruit, milk, avoid pufa, gelatin, coconut oil, saturated fats, no raw vegetables and barely any vegetables except raw white carrot, bamboo and mushrooms, avoid beta carotene, avoid radiation, liver but avoid excess vitamin A, etc./low thyroid causes high cholesterol because the cholesterol not being converted to the steroids. Are you supplementing progesterone and which one?
Fear monger.

Thanks boss - no cold hands / fear. In fact, the opposite. I tend to be v warm. Not drinking coffee but I am drinking OJ.

And thanks for the comments on the test.. I'm pretty astonished too! But it's certainly something I've been working hard at.

Will check out your thread.

OP
T

tom94

on that note the temperature and pulse numbers would be very valuable to know- first thing upon rising, 30 min after breakfast and at 3 pm for a few days.
Great advice - well aware of the power behind this. Used to do it when I was coming out of keto-carnivore. Maybe wise for me to do it again.

My temps feels great but my pulse rate generally runs low.

OP
T

tom94

You have one testicle, so everything that follows on your labs makes sense.
High cholesterol can be modulated by dietary fat, cholesterol and fiber, given that you have one testicle it being higher than normal makes sense.
Your trigs are fine, ideally they would be half of that, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Go check out Paul Saladino. He ate a keto/carnivore and his lipids were through the roof, his CAC score was 0 so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Same for Shawn Baker. (also how is it that the carnivore doctors have plant based names? Saladino, Baker, Berry? Are we in a matrix after all?)
Elevated LH makes sense as well, given you have one testicle.
Progesterone is fine, no need to worry.
You tested TSH twice, 1.5 and 3. The first time your prolactin was fine, second time it's slightly elevated, same for TSH, they go hand in hand in stress. This is textbook stress. Chill out my dude. Also prolactin can rise together with your testosterone levels, which also makes sense in the context of your labs, first time you tested lower T than the second time.

Also back to one testicle. Just lol@ the guys here trying to optimize their testosterone for YEARS and here's a guy with one (1) testicle mogging them to the current position of voyager 1 and back. Diet, am i right, guys?

I would like to know the amount of fat, fiber and cholesterol that you eat on a daily basis. You could also test fasting insulin and Hba1c, but looking at your trigs and SHBG it's probably fine.

EDIT: Also I didn't read the post you linked, just looked at the labs. You said you weren't fasted before the first test so that messes things up a bit. Only test bloods fasted. That being said I don't really see anything too worriesome on your labs, although your cholesterol should ideally be lower. Do you even have any health problems that could be explained by the labs you posted or is this just a checkup? Chill out and relax, retest in a few months FASTED.
Haha thanks for this response mate and for your remarks in relation to the testosterone reading.

In all honesty, I'm not surprised by it though - even though I do only have 1 (maybe I should do a standalone thread on it?!).

I do work incredibly hard on my diet, sleep and circadian health to ensure I give myself the best shot of success which certainly seems to be working!

My diet is mainly: 2 meals per day. Combination of full fat meat, cheese, honey + raw liver. And then Haagen Daz ice cream if I have any around.

It's mainly fat / protein with honey + OJ for some carbs to help optimise thyroid.

Outside of that I'm on a ton of supplements too.

But yes.. I think you're right.. chillout and relax for sure. I definitely have a lot going on right now so maybe that's why it's all elevated.

Those lipids though just seem a little higher than I'd like - normally indicative of other things going on but I can't tell what that might be.

HighT

Being warm is a good sign.

What you did to raise your testosterone? I know hormones in blood can vary by a minute but still have you taken any specific supp/herb prior second lab, or you just had better rest and less stress?

Vanset

Haha thanks for this response mate and for your remarks in relation to the testosterone reading.

In all honesty, I'm not surprised by it though - even though I do only have 1 (maybe I should do a standalone thread on it?!).

I do work incredibly hard on my diet, sleep and circadian health to ensure I give myself the best shot of success which certainly seems to be working!

My diet is mainly: 2 meals per day. Combination of full fat meat, cheese, honey + raw liver. And then Haagen Daz ice cream if I have any around.

It's mainly fat / protein with honey + OJ for some carbs to help optimise thyroid.

Outside of that I'm on a ton of supplements too.

But yes.. I think you're right.. chillout and relax for sure. I definitely have a lot going on right now so maybe that's why it's all elevated.

Those lipids though just seem a little higher than I'd like - normally indicative of other things going on but I can't tell what that might be.
Oh yeah I wasn't trying to imply that you just slack off and get good results. Diet matters of course, it matters a lot, but at the same time, to me peronally, it's overrated.
Your progesterone is good, iirc the range used to be something like 1-4 nmol/l.
It's quite normal imo on a diet like you eat to have lipids through the stratosphere. Cheese (but not necessarily milk), butter, eggs, fatty meat, oj, honey is the go to diet to raise cholesterol levels. High fat (especially dairy fat), high cholesterol, no fiber/low fiber carb sources. There is also a very varied individual response to cholesterol rising substances. Again, check out Paul Saladino and Shawn Baker. Very healthy dudes who have tested very high lipids, it's all diet imo. Also the Saladino guy has recently added whole fruits to his diet and his lipids dropped dramatically. It's the carbohydrate and fiber. If you have access to ripe fruit you could try the same approach. If you're really worried perhaps you could do a CAC yourself as well. It would be an interesting experiment.

Last edited:
OP
T

tom94

Being warm is a good sign.

What you did to raise your testosterone? I know hormones in blood can vary by a minute but still have you taken any specific supp/herb prior second lab, or you just had better rest and less stress?
Diet didn’t really change.

Mainly meat, eggs, cheese, seafood, ice cream + honey.

Must have been better rest and less stress.

Stopped the gelatine.

Also increased vit d supplementation too.

OP
T

tom94

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to imply that you just slack off and get good results. Diet matters of course, it matters a lot, but at the same time, to me peronally, it's overrated.
Your progesterone is good, iirc the range used to be something like 1-4 nmol/l.
It's quite normal imo on a diet like you eat to have lipids through the stratosphere. Cheese (but not necessarily milk), butter, eggs, fatty meat, oj, honey is the go to diet to raise cholesterol levels. High fat (especially dairy fat), high cholesterol, no fiber/low fiber carb sources. There is also a very varied individual response to cholesterol rising substances. Again, check out Paul Saladino and Shawn Baker. Very healthy dudes who have tested very high lipids, it's all diet imo. Also the Saladino guy has recently added whole fruits to his diet and his lipids dropped dramatically. It's the carbohydrate and fiber. If you have access to ripe fruit you could try the same approach. If you're really worried perhaps you could do a CAC yourself as well. It would be an interesting experiment.
Legend - cheers boss.

I actually lived with Paul out in Costa Rica for 3 months so I am VERY familiar with his teachings and way of living haha

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals