Very happy Dr. Peat sounded much better in the 8/15/22 interview with Patrick Timpone

lilsticky

he didnt just approve of eating avocadoes. you want complete pufa avoidance so you can produce precious mead acid

CiggyTardust

I haven't yet listened to the interview but I find the vegetable abstention interesting. I'm 36 and after years of gut issues & reflux that have mostly resolved, I do still get serious bloating at night after eating vegetables with dinner (typically rice and meat).

Regardless of the vegetable, all cooked and never raw, they cause my belly to bloat visibly at night. Cooked greens, cooked cucumber, cooked Zucchini, cooked squash all in ghee... they all cause bloat. Last night I had no vegetables, just roast chicken and rice and--voila!--no bloat.

eimearrose

I haven't yet listened to the interview but I find the vegetable abstention interesting. I'm 36 and after years of gut issues & reflux that have mostly resolved, I do still get serious bloating at night after eating vegetables with dinner (typically rice and meat).

Regardless of the vegetable, all cooked and never raw, they cause my belly to bloat visibly at night. Cooked greens, cooked cucumber, cooked Zucchini, cooked squash all in ghee... they all cause bloat. Last night I had no vegetables, just roast chicken and rice and--voila!--no bloat.
I'm similar age (35) and have also had pretty bad digestion for 15 years or so. I also have found relief from mostly cutting out vegetables. I eat a tiny bit of onion and cooked courgette/squash and that's about it. Occasionally some sauerkraut or a few leaves of rocket (arugula). Like you I eat rice but only in the evenings and no more than a few days per week. I mostly just eat it so I can make a meal for both myself and my husband. But I prefer low starch and when I do eat starch, prefer very well cooked potato. I also avoid all other grains and never eat any legumes. Bloating and diarrhoea gone!

-Luke-

Next monday is the third monday of this month, so I hope he'll be back.

On another note (don't want to open a new thread): I've recently downloaded all of Ray's Interviews with Patrick and started to go through them to take my own show notes (which are a bit more detailed than the ones on the ORN website and focus more on the answer rather than the question). Since there are so many Interviews now, I often was unable to remember in which episode Ray gave a certain answer. An overview with more detailed notes is helpful to find something pretty quickly.

Do you think it would be a good idea if I made an overview thread where I'd make a list of all the episodes with Ray and post my notes? Everything in one thread has the benefit that you can search within a thread with this forum software. Please let me know if you think this would be helpful or not, I'd put in more effort then while taking notes (orthography etc.).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Do you think it would be a good idea if I made an overview thread where I'd make a list of all the episodes with Ray and post my notes? Everything in one thread has the benefit that you can search within a thread with this forum software. Please let me know if you think this would be helpful or not, I'd put in more effort then while taking notes (orthography etc.).
I think that's a wonderful idea.

golder

Next monday is the third monday of this month, so I hope he'll be back.

On another note (don't want to open a new thread): I've recently downloaded all of Ray's Interviews with Patrick and started to go through them to take my own show notes (which are a bit more detailed than the ones on the ORN website and focus more on the answer rather than the question). Since there are so many Interviews now, I often was unable to remember in which episode Ray gave a certain answer. An overview with more detailed notes is helpful to find something pretty quickly.

Incredible idea. That would be so valuable to me and many others on here!

David PS

It would be a great resource to have on the forum.

Peatful

@-Luke-

This would be great.

-Luke-

Ok guys, thanks! I'Il create a thread when it's ready. Will probably need 3 more weeks or so (it's about 3 hours per episode with taking notes and stopping/rewinding).

golder

Ok guys, thanks! I'Il create a thread when it's ready. Will probably need 3 more weeks or so (it's about 3 hours per episode with taking notes and stopping/rewinding).
Massively appreciated! This is something I’ve been wanting to do for years :)

CastorTroy

he didnt just approve of eating avocadoes. you want complete pufa avoidance so you can produce precious mead acid

I see this nonsense. He said previously he replaced coconut oil with olive oil because the later tasted better to him. Why woulnd't he approve avocado to someone that likes it, when both olive and avocado oil pretty much share the same fatty acid profile?

-Luke-

Hey guys,

I'm almost done listening through all the episodes and taking show notes. I should be ready to post everything on Saturday.

I had trouble understanding what was being said in two questions. Maybe someone can help me with this.

1) May 18, 2020
The question that starts at 01:34:05. Patrick asks "Do you know anything about X for parasites...?"

2) May 16, 2022
The sentence Dr. Peat begins at 00:36:16: "There just isn't the X pressure of your tissues...."

What is X in both questions? Thanks!

Korven

Hey guys,

I'm almost done listening through all the episodes and taking show notes. I should be ready to post everything on Saturday.

I had trouble understanding what was being said in two questions. Maybe someone can help me with this.

1) May 18, 2020
The question that starts at 01:34:05. Patrick asks "Do you know anything about X for parasites...?"

2) May 16, 2022
The sentence Dr. Peat begins at 00:36:16: "There just isn't the X pressure of your tissues...."

What is X in both questions? Thanks!
1) Mebendazole
2) Turgor pressure

Cheers mate!

-Luke-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals