Vertigo and covid. Nemo said if in blood stream you get a cold, if tinnitus or vertigo it's brain inflammation

Lizb

I'm on day six and have vertigo. Amy advice?
I was doing well but today I have this vertigo.

Taking

Vitamins
C, D, zinc,

Naproxen

B complex

Nigella sativa, Doxycycline

Usual inhalers - asthmatic

AdoTintor

Nemo really did cut the cord, oh well. What things do you have at hand that you are considering taking? The heavy duty treatments are HCQ or IVM but you might not have these readily available. The H1/H2 treatment is possible: night nurse in UK is equivalent to US-benadryl which is the H1 blocker leg, and Pepcid is H2 blocker (famotidine) which is more tricky to get in UK. I wonder what the FLACC protocols are these days? Dr Grouf's take is more herbal and starts with OLE, NAC, Quercitin etc. Maybe someone else knows specifically what to do given vertigo?

Karamela, the nose is the primary route for coronavirus or just shed spike proteins to get into the brain.

We know that people who tested negative for Covid or who tested positive but never had symptoms can still have spike proteins in the brain. In studies, the nasal route seems to be the best way to get them there.

The strange smells would likely mean spike proteins in his olfactory bulb. Inflammation of the olfactory bulb is what causes strange smells. There can be other causes of olfactory bulb inflammation (like inhaling a big dose of pesticide, for example, which is what I did) but since you actually got Covid, it's a good bet the cause is spike proteins.

I'd either do the antihistamine or ivermectin clean-up of the spike proteins. You don't want to leave spike proteins in your brain because they work as prions. You also don't want ongoing inflammation of your olfactory bulb because that can turn into cancer, which is what happened to me.

With the antihistamine cure, you have to use both an H1 blocker and an H2 blocker. So what most people are using is Zyrtec at bedtime (H1 blocker cetirizine) and Pepcid in the morning (H2 blocker famotidine).

You don't want to go over a 20 mg dose with the Pepcid because it could affect your stomach acid. But I don't see anyone claiming huge doses are needed. I'd probably start with the 10 mg pill. I'd start with a single Zyrtec pill or equivalent, whatever the lowest dose pill is. Cyproheptidine would also likely work as the H1 blocker but what studies have used is cetirizine.

For ivermectin, you might be able to clear it up with a 2-day dose at 12 mg a day.

I'm probably try the antihistamines first since you don't have other symptoms. See if it clears up in a week or two or if you're going to have to try a higher dose or add ivermectin.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

I've got cyproheptadine.
Got Benadryl
I'm looking at the FLCC protocol and have been following it somewhat
Haven't used HCl yet
I've got 3% iodine providone

Got some ivermectin

Validus

I've got cyproheptadine.
Got Benadryl
I'm looking at the FLCC protocol and have been following it somewhat
Haven't used HCl yet
I've got 3% iodine providone

Got some ivermectin
I'd also look to combining saline with DMSO at 10-20% to create your own nasal spray.

If you have the source and funds, you could instead combine bacteriostatic water, bpc-157 wit DMSO at 10-20% dillution for a better nasal spray.

Additionally, you could add tb500 to line 2.

Like an ok, better, best recipe recommendation above.

I've been dealing with "long covid" with a lot of symptoms including yours for a while. I didnt get my sense of smell back until I began using the above nasal sprays. I've trialed cyproheptadine, benadryl, H2's, intranasal iodine, oral iodine, ivermectin and dozens of other therapies.

You may want to also consider red light/infrared/near infrared therapy...a device that emits very low EMF and can be placed directly on your forehead/skin where your sinuses are. Methylene blue may be another good addition.

Finally, I would look to add buteyko breathing or other methods to trigger the bohr effect and get as much oxygen and blood flow to your brain as possible: other options would be carbogen or you can buy a small water carbonation device and fill up balloons with carbon dioxide, breathing in the co2 from the balloon and air at the same time. Breathing in pure CO2 burns.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

"Shortly after I moved from Mexico to Montana, one of my students, a 32 year old woman, began having the same sensory symptoms her older sister had experienced at the same age, at the onset of multiple sclerosis. Vertigo and visual distortions of some sort made her consider withdrawing from the university. I'm not sure why she tried eating a whole can of tuna for lunch a couple of days after the onset of symptoms, but it seemed to alleviate the symptoms, and she stayed on a high protein diet and never had a recurrence. She told me some of the lore of MS: That it mostly affects young adults between the ages of 20 and 40, that it is common in high latitudes and essentially unknown in the tropics, and that it is sometimes exacerbated by pregnancy and stress. (Later, I learned that systemic lupus erythematosis and other "auto-immune" diseases also tend to occur mainly during the reproductive years. I discussed some of the implications of this in 'Bean Syndrome.') " Ray Peat

In another article peat talks about 5HT3 receptor antagonist for vertigo.

You could try ginger which is a 5HT3 receptor antagonist

Noticed you are taking Vitamin D already

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Lizb

Lizb

Shortly after I moved from Mexico to Montana, one of my students, a 32 year old woman, began having the same sensory symptoms her older sister had experienced at the same age, at the onset of multiple sclerosis. Vertigo and visual distortions of some sort made her consider withdrawing from the university. I'm not sure why she tried eating a whole can of tuna for lunch a couple of days after the onset of symptoms, but it seemed to alleviate the symptoms, and she stayed on a high protein diet and never had a recurrence. She told me some of the lore of MS: That it mostly affects young adults between the ages of 20 and 40, that it is common in high latitudes and essentially unknown in the tropics, and that it is sometimes exacerbated by pregnancy and stress. (Later, I learned that systemic lupus erythematosis and other "auto-immune" diseases also tend to occur mainly during the reproductive years. I discussed some of the implications of this in "Bean Syndrome.") Ray Peat

In another article peat talks about 5HT3 receptor antagonist for vertigo.

You could try ginger which is a 5HT3 receptor antagonist

Noticed you are taking Vitamin D already

Thank you Peatness

P

Peatness

I am not sure if you are well enough to read this article. I seems to suggest infection could induce thiamine deficiency.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

I am not sure if you are well enough to read this article. I seems to suggest infection could induce thiamine deficiency.

Thank you. I've just read that. I have been taking a b complex. I do also have powdered thiamine. I could top up with some. Any idea how much?

HeyThere

I know this forum is against pufas and all that, but 1 small teenager dose fish oil a day plus about a tsp of cod liver oil only a couple of times for a week opened my stiff, stagnant veins which were causing me tremendous high BP since covid in 2020. I stopped the pills (I was feeling "floaty" which stopped 2 days after I stopped the supps) and my BP has remained back to normal, taking away the constant vertigo with it. This is my own experience.

Tim Lundeen

Interesting that tuna was therapeutic -- it is very high lysine:arginine. 100g tuna has Lysine - 3608mg and Arginine - 2351mg

Lysine and arginine are both amino acids, building blocks for proteins. The virus has lots of arginine in its sequence. When your cells contain more lysine than arginine, it messes up the virus replication and it dies out. So the key is more lysine than arginine, and supplemental lysine is tremendously helpful!

Coffee raises arginine in your cells, and allows the virus to grow even if you take lysine supplements.

Protocol for lysine is:
* take 500-1000mg first thing in the AM in a glass of water
* take 500mg in water 30 minutes before lunch and dinner, and again at night
* you can adjust lysine up/down as needed, it can be irritating to the gut in too-high doses
* don’t exceed 2500mg/day, and better to limit to 1500mg after 4-5 days of higher doses
* no coffee till healed, if you restart coffee and get symptoms, stop coffee and do another round without

YouTube interview:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmox2RbLKeo

Research papers:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344210822_Lysine_Therapy_for_SARS-CoV-2
https://www.researchgate.net/public...hanisms_for_the_Antiviral_Effects_of_L-Lysine
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ylate_glycine_Impairs_Coronavirus_Replication

TheSir

Interesting that tuna was therapeutic -- it is very high lysine:arginine. 100g tuna has Lysine - 3608mg and Arginine - 2351mg

Lysine and arginine are both amino acids, building blocks for proteins. The virus has lots of arginine in its sequence. When your cells contain more lysine than arginine, it messes up the virus replication and it dies out. So the key is more lysine than arginine, and supplemental lysine is tremendously helpful!

Coffee raises arginine in your cells, and allows the virus to grow even if you take lysine supplements.

Protocol for lysine is:
* you can adjust lysine up/down as needed, it can be irritating to the gut in too-high doses
* don’t exceed 2500mg/day, and better to limit to 1500mg after 4-5 days of higher doses
* no coffee till healed, if you restart coffee and get symptoms, stop coffee and do another round without

YouTube interview:

Research papers:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344210822_Lysine_Therapy_for_SARS-CoV-2
https://www.researchgate.net/public...hanisms_for_the_Antiviral_Effects_of_L-Lysine
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ylate_glycine_Impairs_Coronavirus_Replication

This worked well for my corona, all symptoms began to diminish the first day I took it and after three or four days I was symptom free. Took 3-4g a day.

P

Peatness

Thank you. I've just read that. I have been taking a b complex. I do also have powdered thiamine. I could top up with some. Any idea how much?
It is usually advised to start low and build up.

HeyThere

Protocol for lysine is:

YouTube interview:

Research papers:

L-Arginine creates Nitric Oxide. Nitric oxide kills viruses. Nitric Oxide also opens veins.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

I'd also look to combining saline with DMSO at 10-20% to create your own nasal spray.

If you have the source and funds, you could instead combine bacteriostatic water, bpc-157 wit DMSO at 10-20% dillution for a better nasal spray.

Additionally, you could add tb500 to line 2.

Like an ok, better, best recipe recommendation above.

I've been dealing with "long covid" with a lot of symptoms including yours for a while. I didnt get my sense of smell back until I began using the above nasal sprays. I've trialed cyproheptadine, benadryl, H2's, intranasal iodine, oral iodine, ivermectin and dozens of other therapies.

You may want to also consider red light/infrared/near infrared therapy...a device that emits very low EMF and can be placed directly on your forehead/skin where your sinuses are. Methylene blue may be another good addition.

Finally, I would look to add buteyko breathing or other methods to trigger the bohr effect and get as much oxygen and blood flow to your brain as possible: other options would be carbogen or you can buy a small water carbonation device and fill up balloons with carbon dioxide, breathing in the co2 from the balloon and air at the same time. Breathing in pure CO2 burns.
Thank you. Lots there of interest for me. I did Buteyko for a few years. I'm bag breathing at the moment. I had looked into buying carbogen which I can buy here in the UK.

Thanks again. Hope you continue to get better.

HeyThere

Also, download any free app showing you the air pressure.

When you are feeling off and dizzy, check the app. When my blood pressure was a huge factor, I would get off balance and feel sick whenever it dropped to 29.9-29.7 or whenever it hit 30.1+ Those are known as very high and very low pressures, the high of 30.1 reportedly giving people with bad issues actual heart attacks.

The pattern of dizziness and air pressure was established, and it also explained to a customer of mine why her outright vertigo was attacking her on those exact days as well. Also explained why my family would get into this weird depressed state of mind as air pressure actually affects people in that way as well! (They would react mostly to the low pressures).

Keep a log to look back on to see any patterns if you have difficulty retaining patterns in your memory.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

How are you doing @Lizb ?
The vertigo has gone. I got dressed today for the first time and going slowly through the day. It's day 9.

My husband had two days of, quite frankly, frightening confusion which appears to be resolving. He's still sleeping alot which is good.

Both eating much better now.

I can see how so many elderly in care homes lost their lives in March 2020. They were put into isolation and cared for probably minimally because of fear. My husband needed almost constant care.

I've said elsewhere here that I thought the ivermectin changed things for the better. It seemed that way but it could also have been the passing of the high temperature and a good sleep. I'll never know.

Thank you for asking. Much appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals