Verbal Fluency / Struggle In Formulating Sentences

milkboi

It's a quick breakfast for me, but mainly for the Choline to get my neurons started. I'm retired, so I eat another breakfast by 10 a.m. (3-egg omelette in butter or coconut oil). I don't eat meat, fish, or fowl. I avoid saying I'm a vegetarian because many confuse that with vegan.

Ok that makes sense. If I were you I would opt for a supplemental form of choline instead of peanut butter, to avoid the PUFA.

I take peanut butter for breakfast with my morning coffee. How many tablespoons of peanut butter make 1g of acetylcholine?
Does taking B complex, instead of individual doses of B1, B3, OK?
You would have to ingest about 1,5 kilos of peanut butter to get closed to 1 gram of choline, which would come with over 200 grams of PUFA :dead:.

This is me! Everything I do in the peat universe for the most part revolves around verbal fluency. Usually it is tied to how I feel energy wise. Redsun gave great advice with the choline/thiamine.

Eggs are the best food for me paired with OJ. Paradoxically though my VF improves a lot with alcohol which lowers choline so that part confuses me. But then while hungover (does not happen often) VF suffers ten times worse.

Then there is the thyroid/cortisol side of things. When I feel the worst VF wise, I usually feel that low cortisol feeling. Optimizing thyroid and hormones has helped things tremendously.

It’s still a huge mystery to me but I have improved greatly over the last few years. My job requires presentations and lots of verbal communication so maybe I have improved by necessity.

There is probably an anxiety side to it but I think our VF issues are tied to hormonal/neurotransmitter imbalances.
Alcohol increases estrogen, which will make the person talkative.

redsun

I take peanut butter for breakfast with my morning coffee. How many tablespoons of peanut butter make 1g of acetylcholine?
Does taking B complex, instead of individual doses of B1, B3, OK?

B complex should be sufficient. I don't know where you saw this info that peanut butter has choline because it has almost none at all as @Rafael Lao Wai already mentioned. Animal foods especially eggs are the best sources but all animal foods tend to have a decent amount of choline. For clarification, we want choline and choline is made into acetylcholine in the body.

1g choline doesnt mean you will get 1g of acetylcholine out of it, but you will definitely have more acetylcholine the more choline in the diet. B1 is needed to make acetylcholine and B3 plays a role in improving cholinergic function as well. Higher protein intake also helps make more choline.

Anders86

Peat says its related to head temperature. Fats keep my metabolism stable and high, and therefor help my verbal fluency. Coconut oil and MCT are my safest ones. I guess you eat frequently, add fats frequently to. Your liver health is best with small amounts often, 5-10g.

I cant handle 3 egg at one, but I can handle 1 egg three times troughout the day.

Last edited:
I've seen it mentioned here a lot, and I'm going to have to agree. Acetylcholine being raised could help you with this. I've always had an issue with public speaking, and having to remain super focused just to not jumble up my words. I've found that some form of choline source (CDP Choline, Alpha GPC, eggs, etc) alongside Aniracetam (a chemical thats purported to have cognitive benefits including increasing verbal fluidity) to be helpful.

If I know I have some form of presentation to do at work, I tend to take some L-Theanine, CDP Choline and Aniracetam prior to heading into work. Most of these are to help with any form of social stress that might cause me to hit a stumbling/mumbling block during my presentation. Hope this helps!

nigma

Raise acetylcholine. I would try to get a minimum of 1g of choline from food a day and look into supplementing B1 and B3. These two will raise acetylcholine levels. No need to do crazy high doses but choline + B1, B3 should help a lot. Making sure protein intake is high to provide raw material for other neurotransmitters as well but acetylcholine is especially important for speaking and mental speed.

I second this, from my own experience. I would also add that having a baseline b-complex keeps things stable. I suggest B50, high dose B5 (makes choline into acetylcholine), some eggs or supplemental choline daily. High dose B5 (1000mg) can turn me from almost a mute to a chatter box within 30 mins.

pauljacob

B complex should be sufficient. I don't know where you saw this info that peanut butter has choline because it has almost none at all as @Rafael Lao Wai already mentioned. Animal foods especially eggs are the best sources but all animal foods tend to have a decent amount of choline. For clarification, we want choline and choline is made into acetylcholine in the body.

1g choline doesnt mean you will get 1g of acetylcholine out of it, but you will definitely have more acetylcholine the more choline in the diet. B1 is needed to make acetylcholine and B3 plays a role in improving cholinergic function as well. Higher protein intake also helps make more choline.
Thank you redsun, appreciate this vital info. So, will 3 eggs a day provide sufficient Choline, or do I need to chase that down with B complex?

redsun

Thank you redsun, appreciate this vital info. So, will 3 eggs a day provide sufficient Choline, or do I need to chase that down with B complex?

It will provide almost enough choline for the RDA which is 550mg but it wont reach 1g choline if that is what the aim is. Cronometer is a great way to see all these values.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Caffeine + Theanine + Pregnenolone works quite well in my experience. Especially theanine is like meditation in a capsule, it gets you in the Now like 30mins of meditative breathing does. I enjoy conversation a lot more on it.
I have never tried Theanine. Was tempted, but read on how it can mess with libido.
Also, I recently started using Pregnenolone in the form of Pansterone.

Reflecting back, it's also an issue of self worth, feeling like I'm enough, I'm worthy. If I feel like this, the anxiety inside disappearears.

Back
Top Bottom