Vegetarians Look So Young

ursidae

What is ist? 'ng/mL' or 'pmol/L'? In either case you have very low Ferritin, not very high;
Oops I misspelled it; its 18 micromole per litre μmol/L
Reference range is 5.00-24.00
It’s in the upper range and considered high on this forum. I’ve never had low iron even when I was vegetarian. Testing it again this week

Oops I misspelled it; its 18 micromole per litre μmol/L
Reference range is 5.00-24.00
It’s in the upper range and considered high on this forum. I’ve never had low iron even when I was vegetarian. Testing it again this week

You need to confirm please. Can you find me something on the net where this range is used? It seems very uncommon? What is your Worldregion? Is it really Ferritine? Not a different Fe-related Marker?

ursidae

You need to confirm please. Can you find me something on the net where this range is used? It seems very uncommon? What is your Worldregion? Is it really Ferritine? Not a different Fe-related Marker?
I can’t find anything, all I have is: (Fe, Iron)
Southeastern Europe

I can’t find anything, all I have is: (Fe, Iron)
Southeastern Europe

Fe stands for the Chemical Symbol Fe, which denotes Iron. Maybe you do not have high Ferritin? Did a physician commented on your high Ferritin specifically, that you have Iron-overload etc or what?

schultz

Peat inspired is by far the most expensive eating that I have encountered and it requires a lot high degree of effort to obtain the foods.

How is milk, eggs, orange juice, and meat hard to obtain?

By far the most expensive? This is a very strange statement to me. I have found the diet to be the most economical way of eating I've found. By far actually. Liver is dirt cheap. Eggs, milk and potatoes are quite cheap as well. OJ isn't exactly expensive. Nobody said you have to buy the most expensive milk and OJ. I buy generic OJ and milk (I'm in Canada). In the States milk is even cheaper and cheese is like 3 times cheaper. Stuff was insanely cheap in the States compared to Canada. Like cheese that is $8 here is only $2 in the States. I lived in Boston for 2 years and groceries, even higher end groceries from Wholefoods, were really cheap.

I used to buy a lot of vegetables pre-Peat. Now I rarely buy vegetables. Vegetables are expensive, especially considering they provide very little in terms of calories. I don't buy meat nearly as much now either. Also if you have the land you can get a cow or goats, and chickens, and subsidize your grocery bill even further. Collecting eggs is simple and milking a cow is a very easy way to get high quality nutrition, especially compared to butchering an animal and having to store the meat. Milking a cow is a lot easier to me than planting crops.

Cheap generic milk is still healthier than pretty much everything else at the grocery store. Some people on here act like it's poison. Just stop...

Edit: Also things are easy to find. I can literally survive only buying food from the gas station.

Last edited:

Jessie

I actually think many vegans do good stuff, like avoiding excessive FAO, which is known to contribute to the aging process. It would be interesting to see if high-fat vegans experience the same results as low-fat vegans. But my guess is they probably would not. Doctor Joel Fuhrman is a testament to how high-fat veganism ages you. I don't even think that guy is 60 yet.

Having said this, there is also low-fat vegans that have aged horribly as well, like John McDougall. But that probably has less to do with FAO and more to do with so much starch. If a vegan can suppress FAO, suppress endotoxin, avoid PUFA, get enough protein, get enough nutrients they should be pretty damn healthy.

GreekDemiGod

I'm curios why do a lot of people skin becomes glowing and in perfect condition in the early stages of vegan / Plant-based diets?
What is it that distinguishes between the face of a 20 year old guy and one of a 30 year old man? Is it collagen?

baccheion

I'm curios why do a lot of people skin becomes glowing and in perfect condition in the early stages of vegan / Plant-based diets?
What is it that distinguishes between the face of a 20 year old guy and one of a 30 year old man? Is it collagen?
From what I've read: lower inflammation and higher thyroid hormones. The glow of pregnancy is associated with progesterone, a hormone associated with thyroid function. Testosterone for males.

Same thing can happen by eating well, iodine protocol, vitamin C, fat-solubles, etc. Even megadose vitamin D3 has a tanning effect, even if only due to the lower cortisol.

Same thing happens during a water fast..

I'd imagine vasodilation at the skin has a similar effect.

MatheusPN

Lots of generalizations! If ppl want to generalize better, then it's useful to know from what background most vegans come.
I did through one that loved fruits, low-fat type and didn't like mainstream veganism, vegan restaurants, and only experimented vegan meat 1 bit, not I who bought. Basically, one of the things I did to become "Peatarian" was ditching beans. I almost always ate little PUFA, principally when going vegan

My stereotype of Vegan women, was a beautiful one, most I did know were very attractive. The ones I see on the internet are normal beauty and are extremists or go by mainstream, commonly...

Last edited:

Jennifer

I have found the diet to be the most economical way of eating I've found.
Same here. Now that I'm tolerating milk again, I've slashed my food budget by roughly $600 a month and I only need to buy one supplement now (vitamin D) so I’m saving $100 a month there. It’s insane! For roughly 1,000 calories of dense nutrition, it costs me $5 for 2 liters of grass-based raw milk and only $4 for 2 liters of grass-based pasteurized milk. Had I tolerated starch while vegan, my food budget would have been similar but given where I live, having to rely on fruit, and then fruit and seafood, was super costly.

I spent the majority of my life as a vegetarian and vegan and look young for my age — I’m 39 and still get mistaken for a teen and college student — but I think it mostly has to do with my size and round facial features because I’ve followed practically every way of eating that exists over the last 12 years and the only physical differences I can think of that I experienced between them have to do with skin quality and muscle definition. My skin was soft while eating a fruitarian diet, but it’s even softer and clearer now that I’m eating predominantly dairy, and I have even more muscle definition now than I did eating a diet of fruit, shellfish and gelatin, or a diet of meat and eggs. I had the same experience after I fractured and my doctor put me on a high-fat, dairy-based, ancestral diet.

baccheion

Same here. Now that I'm tolerating milk again, I've slashed my food budget by roughly $600 a month and I only need to buy one supplement now (vitamin D) so I’m saving $100 a month there. It’s insane! For roughly 1,000 calories of dense nutrition, it costs me $5 for 2 liters of grass-based raw milk and only $4 for 2 liters of grass-based pasteurized milk. Had I tolerated starch while vegan, my food budget would have been similar but given where I live, having to rely on fruit, and then fruit and seafood, was super costly.

I spent the majority of my life as a vegetarian and vegan and look young for my age — I’m 39 and still get mistaken for a teen and college student — but I think it mostly has to do with my size and round facial features because I’ve followed practically every way of eating that exists over the last 12 years and the only physical differences I can think of that I experienced between them have to do with skin quality and muscle definition. My skin was soft while eating a fruitarian diet, but it’s even softer and clearer now that I’m eating predominantly dairy, and I have even more muscle definition now than I did eating a diet of fruit, shellfish and gelatin, or a diet of meat and eggs. I had the same experience after I fractured and my doctor put me on a high-fat, dairy-based, ancestral diet.
I wonder how much magnesium (+ potassium) feeds into looking younger, especially as it so much protects against peroxidation and inflammation? And aldosterone and PTH. And acidity. And stress. And heavy metals.

Collagen in skin, Norwood, etc start eroding after teenage years. I wonder if it's related to hidden stress? Declining melatonin + hGH? Less IGF-1? Heh.

Arnold Grape

By far the most expensive? This is a very strange statement to me. I have found the diet to be the most economical way of eating I've found. By far actually. Liver is dirt cheap. Eggs, milk and potatoes are quite cheap as well. OJ isn't exactly expensive. Nobody said you have to buy the most expensive milk and OJ. I buy generic OJ and milk (I'm in Canada). In the States milk is even cheaper and cheese is like 3 times cheaper. Stuff was insanely cheap in the States compared to Canada. Like cheese that is $8 here is only $2 in the States. I lived in Boston for 2 years and groceries, even higher end groceries from Wholefoods, were really cheap.
You have said below that you do not eat meat, so what are you eating? The remaining items only do not strike me as the greatest diet, no offense. Also, nothing in Whole Foods is cheap where I live.

Cheap generic milk is still healthier than pretty much everything else at the grocery store. Some people on here act like it's poison. Just stop...

Youre drinking the milk from injected bovine that have probably ingested a mostly corn-fed diet and I’m sure you split hairs about pufa. That’s the difference.

I live alone and eat between 2500-3000 calories daily, which I would estimate to fall somewhere between $200-$250 a week in cost on average. I shop at a member run food co-op, where I receive a 25% discount. My diet includes: cottage cheese; eggs; milk; fruit; fruit juice; coffee; seltzer; meat and occasional poultry; tortillas; potato chips; tapioca; bone broth; cheese and ice cream. Coconut oil and butter. Occasional micro greens.

schultz

Youre drinking the milk from injected bovine that have probably ingested a mostly corn-fed diet and I’m sure you split hairs

I don't know much about American dairy cattle, but in Canada cows are fed grass and hay and definitely would also receive a ration of corn or some sort of concentrate or grain daily. But the majority of the diet is hay or grass. You cannot feed a cow entirely on corn. It would die. You can however probably feed it a diet entirely of "concentrate" aka dairy ration. Mostly I think farmers just feed hay as the bulk of the diet.

You have said below that you do not eat meat, so what are you eating? The remaining items only do not strike me as the greatest diet, no offense. Also, nothing in Whole Foods is cheap where I live.

I don't think I said I don't eat meat. I have my own livestock that I butcher myself. I definitely eat meat lol. I am not offended at all. I like my diet and feel healthy so there is no reason to be offended. Lots of people think what I eat is unhealthy. I think we have a similar diet based on what you posted. Half my diet is lattes though. I also consume OJ, tortillas, nachos (I make myself in CO), hamburgers, sausage (I make myself), potatoes, white rice, liver, eggs, fruit, cheese, seafood if I have the money, chicken breast, oxtail, steak. Stuff like that. Maybe 6 lattes a day which is about 9 cups of milk and I usually drink some milk later in the day. I really enjoy milk. Sometimes I put maple syrup in it. I hope to buy a cow eventually. I stopped milking my goats because my barn burned down and killed half my flock and now I have no organized place to milk them. I plan on selling my property, moving somewhere cheaper and buying a cow. I'll probably up my milk intake once I do that.

I think my grocery bill for my entire family is around $1000 (edit: monthly) which includes things like paper towel. I was just saying Wholefoods was not too expensive when compared to the food costs in Canada, which is where I live. I recently added up how much dairy I buy per year and it is around $5000. I wanted to see if getting a cow would make financial sense. It definitely would, even if you were buying hay for the entire year. A jersey, even a low yielding jersey, would give at least 2 gallons a day but probably more like 3 on average. I would like to build a cheese cave and make cheese, get an ice cream maker, cream separator, and milking machine. That would be a pretty sweet setup. On top of that, if you're raising a calf each year or every other year, you get the meat from that as well.

Now that I've told you my life story....

Last edited:
Being vegetarian or not doesn’t make a difference. High calcium and adequate protein will be anti-aging. It’s just a matter of if you prefer starch or meat to go along with milk and sugars.

rei

how insane do you have to be when everyone agrees a vegan diet leads to death without animal/synthetic supplements, yet people prefer to be on it? It's like denying what made you human.

the need to virtue signal is stronger than desire for health.

MatheusPN

how insane do you have to be when everyone agrees a vegan diet leads to death without animal/synthetic supplements, yet people prefer to be on it?

the need to virtue signal is stronger than desire for health.
Of course, it leads to death without superpowers, Donald Watson a true Vegan died at 95 years.
I was vegan and vegetarian for almost a decade without supps, now Peating non-vegan for some time, nothing improved so far health-wise, that I noticed.
Ppl usually go vegan because they think that a vegan diet is better and they like animals. Its very weird how ppl can strongly suppose that they do for feeling superior to meat eaters
Of course, a pregnant going on a unprecedented, unusual diet, without any a posteriori proof that it is the best/ a very good diet; is someone very irresponsible and unreasonable

@schultz Wow I really liked your comment, thanks, this was something I was interested. What you can do with the goatling besides butchering them? That is sustainable economically wise? I think it's something difficult to do or solve...

Last edited:

rei

Donald watson is a liar, if "true" means nothing but vegan food (no supps). Vegetarian is doable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals