Vegetarians Look So Young

boris

@Kammas

PUFA is definitely No.1.

This starch persorption is a bit elusive to me. I believe Peat is right on that, but I can‘t quantify how much damage it actually does to our health.

The unprepared grains you can feel and see the effects more quickly (stomach upset, mood change, pellagra after longer time, etc.).

Persorption is still there with the traditionally prepared grains. Peat says that saturated fat and additional fiber mitigates the persorption and makes a good starch safe.

baccheion

@lvysaur It was purely about terminology for me ;). I think it‘s hard to reason someone is mostly vegetarian when consuming animal protein regularly.

But you definitely have a point. Although I think the biggest advantage of a good vegetarian diet is lower phosphate and more calcium.
And greater likelihood of an alkaline PRAL score. Sufficient protein, alkalizing minerals, calcium relative to phosphorus, etc all minimize need for PTH and other stress responses.

inurendotoxin

Yah seems like some confirmation bias. Depends on the specific nutrient profile of the individual diet in question. I think a nutritionally complete plant-based diet is definitely achievable particularly if supplements are included for, it's just harder to achieve. Anecdotally, I have known some vegans with very youthful looking skin, but typically have deficiencies elsewhere; fatigue, hairloss etc.

Shamelessly unrelated (with apologies), but @Brundle just going by your avatar; if you haven't tried yet I can recommend coffee with dark brown sugar (darker the better, IMO) for a rich complement of flavors. Seeing white table sugar in coffee always makes me feel sad...enough that I am compelled to speak up.

Luann

All in all, i would not be surprised if vegetarians have a better diet than the average joe.
Low phosphate. Also, them being vegetarian makes it more likely that they are conscious about healthy eating as well, meaning less processed food and so on (my anecdotal experience).
I think no meat is likely more healthy than high meat intake (especially if this intake is traditional/popular cuts only)
No one even eats liver. Maybe some oldheads.
Veganism on the other hand seems to have disastrous effects. Young girls on it look good, because the threshold for them looking good is usually being slim, period. And this diet achieves that.
At 30 they look 40 though
Vegan men are extremely low androgen from what I am seeing

Veg. diet would (could) be low phospate, low heme iron.
Low protein and high PUFA would be the margin of error.
I don't consider meat to be a great source of saturated fat, dairy and coconut products actually appear to have a better fat profile.

JohnHafterson

Comparing vegan and vegetarian diets like in rhis thread is such an ideological sign. Imagine comparing people who have dairy and eggs to people who never have this.
All in all, i would not be surprised if vegetarians have a better diet than the average joe.
Low phosphate. Also, them being vegetarian makes it more likely that they are conscious about healthy eating as well, meaning less processed food and so on (my anecdotal experience).
I think no meat is likely more healthy than high meat intake (especially if this intake is traditional/popular cuts only)
No one even eats liver. Maybe some oldheads.
Veganism on the other hand seems to have disastrous effects. Young girls on it look good, because the threshold for them looking good is usually being slim, period. And this diet achieves that.
At 30 they look 40 though
Vegan men are extremely low androgen from what I am seeing
I think missing important quasi amino acids like taurine and carnosine are lacking in these diets.

A lot of vegetarians/frugivores have tons of skin glycation/fructosylation. You can see it in their faces with leathery skin appearance abnormal collagen structure etc.

Besides lower PRAL though mTor is likely driven at a lower speed.

JohnHafterson

And greater likelihood of an alkaline PRAL score. Sufficient protein, alkalizing minerals, calcium relative to phosphorus, etc all minimize need for PTH and other stress responses.
PRAL is big haven't seen much much mention on RPF better PRAL yields better thyroid, insulin, cortisol, growth hormone profiles and better lean tissue and bone mass etc.

Arnold Grape

Sadly, that's the truth. Grains and raw greens is almost no nutrition at all.

Come on, dog: we know that this just is not true. You’re from the hair loss community, no? Try eating one serving of micro greens and see what that does for your hair.

Everything is cost/benefit.

The reason celebrities can do veganism so easily is their money and access allow them to get things done with very little personal energy expenditure. They have maids who clean, assistants who schedule and make them smoothies, chefs to cook their meals.

As soon as you have to start doing these things for yourself, it becomes much harder to maintain the diet without deficiencies and emotional instability.

If all you have to do all day is lay in the sun, have sex, and read books...you could probably survive off celery tbh

Peat inspired is by far the most expensive eating that I have encountered and it requires a lot high degree of effort to obtain the foods.

There must be something that we are missing here: I was able to get away with a 12 year vegetarian stint, well into my late 30’s, and I maintained a youthful appearance. There must be some relevance to the calcium/ phosphorus ratios here, because I consumed a low amount of calcium. I also think that the pitfalls that many vegetarian diets is eating faux or meat substitutes, which are often filled with horrible garbage.

Arnold Grape

How is milk, eggs, orange juice, and meat hard to obtain?
I live in the USA, where most of these items purchased at the consumer grocery level would be regarded as pure trash. Therefore, obtaining farm raised/ grass fed, etc. is more difficult to find outside of a good co-op or farmer’s market, which is expensive. Also, what non specialty market has things like oysters; liver or even things like cold pressed orange juice for sale? Zero

gaze

I live in the USA, where most of these items purchased at the consumer grocery level would be regarded as pure trash. Therefore, obtaining farm raised/ grass fed, etc. is more difficult to find outside of a good co-op or farmer’s market, which is expensive. Also, what non specialty market has things like oysters; liver or even things like cold pressed orange juice for sale? Zero

for what its worth, ray drinks lucerne milk, which is massproduced factory farmed milk. Also shrimp, beef, and eggs can cover the nutrients in liver and oysters, I think you should just focus on doing the best you can in terms of available foods. Rays entire reccomendations were focused on providing the cheapest foods to cover all the essential nutrients the sadest way, as he himself was poor for a long time in mexico, etc

mrchibbs

Come on, dog: we know that this just is not true. You’re from the hair loss community, no? Try eating one serving of micro greens and see what that does for your hair.

I couldn't be more removed from the ''hair loss community'' lol. I do write about hair loss a lot, but that's about it, and I've never written about it on other blogs or websites, and it's not really interesting to me outside of the context of stress and thyroid function.

I'm not talking about sourdough bread, or sprouts. Those are good foods. I'm talking about regular unsprouted grains and lettuce, no nutrition in there.

Last edited:

boris

One of the reasons Peat speaks highly of those foods is that for example even „trash“ industrial milk is less toxic than the best and most expensive organic grains/legumes/etc. The benefits overweigh the negatives. You can get milk anywhere in the world for a few cents to a few dollars whatever fits your wallet.

boris

When I was really short on cash in my youth I would have lived on toast and pizza in those times and would fall into a deep depression afterwards and get horrible tooth aches.

Recently I tried living off of milk oj some cheese and eggs only for months (all the standard cheap store brands) and I was basically fine. Probably even better than I ever was when I was eating „mainstream“.

And basically no time had to be spent on cooking except eggs, everything is ready to eat and even eggs you can eat raw.

Last edited:
Combination of:

1) rich stress-free celebrity lifestyle
2) carbohydrate metabolism (one perk of veganism)
3) high quality fresh foods
4) "meat eaters" encompassing all levels of meat consumption, from healthful amounts to heavy amounts to keto

I think it's pretty obvious that many Americans eat way too much meat. Records show that in the US people used to eat less meat, but also that their meat was preferentially from beef (whereas today it's primarily from pork/chicken). Interestingly, the same was true for ancient Britain. People also used to consume more dairy. They also used to eat more organs.

Isnt the amount of Meatconsumption even for the USA in the Ballpark of 200g/d? I would say that 700-1000g/d for a Male is more acceptable.

@Atman
indeed,veganism takes its toll seemingly.

@Brundle
They eat at places that have basic understandings of Mealcomposition.

@boris
very much indeed. He is catabolic,and just maintains his remaining health he build up with actual proper Nutrition.As an American, he came in contact with the idea of usefulness of supplementation; his financial situation allows him to get above average consultations with experts, so we have to see him as best possible case for Weganism, which still falls short of expectations.

@mrchibbs
You mean psychological stress? Research has shown that metabolic stress is the most important Factor to even develop properly in the first Place; outright torture of Experimental Animals aside, most people have 'only' mild chronic stress, which is a cortisol-driven catabolism; pretty bad, but malnutrition combined with Holidays is way worse imo.

@Broken man
The best people i know eat a Restaurant-type of Diet, steaks, Oysters, Lambliver, Baked Potato, Buttersauce and a Salad.

Last edited:
detox bro :D

So true! One highly deteriorated Vegan Mother claims that she detoxed dozens of emotions, she will get better soon.

@Tarmander
I somehow doubt that; what we eat is already a very low amount of Food; 2000g of lean Beef only contains 400-500g of Solids, the rest is all Water. We are drinking so much, and only via effective recycling is our requirement for Food as low as it is. If we could not recycle Phosphorous, we would need to consume roughly our own Bodyweight a day worth of P, instead, we only need 1-3g of it per day.

@Ableton
True. Vegetarianism can be high Quality Sustenance; the low Bioavailability of Fe from Milk and Eggs and peptides like Creatine could be an issue.
All the people that agree with Wegan - 3rd World Diets from a health perspective were never healthy to begin with; so they do not have a proper Point of Reference from where to orient from.

@b555
The japanese arent perverts and feed their inmates; also 'various nutritional drinks', no, she doesnt consume a nonsense junkfood-diet lol.

@ursidae
"If dairy didn't wreck my looks and health I'd gladly become one of them" now thats a big IF! So dairy is killing your health and looks, which are just a sign of innate health.

ursidae

So true! One highly deteriorated Vegan Mother claims that she detoxed dozens of emotions, she will get better soon.
@ursidae
"If dairy didn't wreck my looks and health I'd gladly become one of them" now thats a big IF! So dairy is killing your health and looks, which are just a sign of innate health.
let me clarify
its the only food I truly crave and I find it more delicious than meat (except lamb). I need a lot of bioavailable zinc and my iron is quite high. I cant afford daily oysters/shrimp and I can only eat so much red meat. Dairy is one of the few foods I can digest without pain, bloating or discomfort. Adding dairy would fill in so many gaps and give me a lot of satisfaction. If I could live on milk only I would. However it messes with my hormones so badly and breaks me out every single time. Hard cheese, soft cheese, yoghurt, kefir, goat, cow doesnt matter. even ghee butter does this to me

let me clarify
its the only food I truly crave and I find it more delicious than meat (except lamb). I need a lot of bioavailable zinc and my iron is quite high. I cant afford daily oysters/shrimp and I can only eat so much red meat. Dairy is one of the few foods I can digest without pain, bloating or discomfort. Adding dairy would fill in so many gaps and give me a lot of satisfaction. If I could live on milk only I would. However it messes with my hormones so badly and breaks me out every single time. Hard cheese, soft cheese, yoghurt, kefir, goat, cow doesnt matter. even ghee butter does this to me

I do not see an issue. Dairy as Butter or Cheese is fine, but still unnatural. You should force yourself with better recipes to an higher Meat intake =].

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals