Vegetarians Look So Young

Tarmander

The thing about vegan/vegetarian lifestyle through the ages is not to question whether it is anti aging or not.

It is anti aging

The question is whether your life can support a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle without blowing up

Everything is cost/benefit

The reason celebrities can do veganism so easily is their money and access allow them to get things done with very little personal energy expenditure. They have maids who clean, assistants who schedule and make them smoothies, chefs to cook their meals.

As soon as you have to start doing these things for yourself, it becomes much harder to maintain the diet without deficiencies and emotional instability.

If all you have to do all day is lay in the sun, have sex, and read books...you could probably survive off celery tbh

thorgus

I really wonder how the people in those videos fail to see their diet is destroying them.
Weird diets like veganism attract the mentally ill and other fringe-dwellers. Such people often want a pre-packaged identity and a way to feel a sense of moral superiority without actually doing anything beyond cramming a different kind of food down their gullet. It should be no surprise that cognitive dissonance reigns in their heads.

There's also this term "vystopia" that describes the entrenched narrative that completely colors the vegan's perception of reality. The narrative binds their actions and imprisons their minds while estranging them from and invalidating the opinions of anyone that could possibly talk them out of their self-imposed bondage and enervation. I've borrowed the following quote this article to illustrate the idea.
The ideology behind veganism usually involves the narrative that your fellow humans are irreversibly taking the lives of a bunch of animals by engaging in a humane holocaust for the whimsical fun of taste pleasure. Not only this, but they are polluting the world with methane that will harm our collective children via climate disaster.

Ableton

Comparing vegan and vegetarian diets like in rhis thread is such an ideological sign. Imagine comparing people who have dairy and eggs to people who never have this.
All in all, i would not be surprised if vegetarians have a better diet than the average joe.
Low phosphate. Also, them being vegetarian makes it more likely that they are conscious about healthy eating as well, meaning less processed food and so on (my anecdotal experience).
I think no meat is likely more healthy than high meat intake (especially if this intake is traditional/popular cuts only)
No one even eats liver. Maybe some oldheads.
Veganism on the other hand seems to have disastrous effects. Young girls on it look good, because the threshold for them looking good is usually being slim, period. And this diet achieves that.
At 30 they look 40 though
Vegan men are extremely low androgen from what I am seeing

ursidae

Isn't Peat himself for the most part vegetarian, occasionally eating shellfish/liver and very rarely ruminant meat?

ursidae

From my observations lacto-ovo vegetarians look and age best. If dairy didn't wreck my looks and health I'd gladly become one of them, its a lot more appetizing than meat.

Last edited:

LucyL

I
Vegans/vegetarians/whatever, so many look so young. What do you think? while a peat diet looks to be optimal for hormones, why do vegans look so good?

ringo starr is 80...... yes he is actually 80
5efcbd0209066.image.jpg

n the last 2 or 3 years.. sometimes i wonder, if you get enough light/thyroid working well, just eat vegetables all day, would it work just as well... ? the question would be to look at their cortisol, estrogen, etc, but they are all super slim, i doubt they have high estrogen, i wonder what their testosterone looks like or libido
If you look under the dark glasses and the artificially dark hair, I think Ringo would look pretty standard for 80. A lot of people get to 80 in pretty good shape. Of course, a lot of people do not, but a lot do. Despite the chemical peels, there are a lot of wrinkles on that face.

gaze

if you avoid grains, eat dairy and eggs, youll fare better then most people.

Btw, most celebrities have had botox, just keep that in mind

michael94

if you avoid grains, eat dairy and eggs, youll fare better then most people.

Btw, most celebrities have had botox, just keep that in mind
I really like European style breads that have a small amount of Rye added, like 20-60% typically from Central and Eastern Europe. We can get it from some places in the U.S. with unenriched refined wheat, and it is delicious.

Ableton

I really like European style breads that have a small amount of Rye added, like 20-60% typically from Central and Eastern Europe. We can get it from some places in the U.S. with unenriched refined wheat, and it is delicious.
Bread is a huge culture shock when you get to the us from germany or france, holy smokes. Literal trash you get there

michael94

Bread is a huge culture shock when you get to the us from germany or france, holy smokes. Literal trash you get there
on another hand, it is good. Too much bread is a hindrance on the system I eat it in a ritual sort of way these days.

gaze

on another hand, it is good. Too much bread is a hindrance on the system I eat it in a ritual sort of way these days.

bread is one of the most confusing foods for sure. Everyone always says europeans eat alot of it and dont have gluten allergies, but many europeans arnt healthy. Its hard to tell when and what exactly ruined the health of populations world wide. White flours, excess tryptophan, pufas, oils, all contribute im sure

boris

bread is one of the most confusing foods for sure. Everyone always says europeans eat alot of it and dont have gluten allergies, but many europeans arnt healthy. Its hard to tell when and what exactly ruined the health of populations world wide. White flours, excess tryptophan, pufas, oils, all contribute im sure

Apart from PUFA and lack of nutrients dense foods in the diet, what plays a big role is the abandonment of traditional grain preperation, like nixtamalization, soaking/sprouting and fermentation, which neutralized the toxins/antinutrients, made them easily digestable and made nutrients available. Weston A. Price found the natives of Switzerland and Scottland who consumed traditionally prepared grains were in great health.

lvysaur

Isn't Peat himself for the most part vegetarian, occasionally eating shellfish/liver and very rarely ruminant meat?
He eats bone/meat broth every day.
eating a gelatin broth daily is very different from eating 2 lbs of meat daily (which I have seen people do)
It seems almost undeniable to me that excess tryptophan/methionine damages the body, and that any advantages of vegan/vegetarianism stem mainly from their lower consumption of these. Of course, this also means that the average person in the western world is eating too much meat, which may be politically incorrect for many.

boris

@lvysaur It was purely about terminology for me ;). I think it‘s hard to reason someone is mostly vegetarian when consuming animal protein regularly.

But you definitely have a point. Although I think the biggest advantage of a good vegetarian diet is lower phosphate and more calcium.

gaze

Apart from PUFA and lack of nutrients dense foods in the diet, what plays a big role is the abandonment of traditional grain preperation, like nixtamalization, soaking/sprouting and fermentation, which neutralized the toxins/antinutrients, made them easily digestable and made nutrients available. Weston A. Price found the natives of Switzerland and Scottland who consumed traditionally prepared grains were in great health.

Do you think unproperly formed starch and pufa oil are the two main things killing the human population? I've personally never thought of starch in the same category as pufa in terms of its harmfulness, but the more I read about starch persorption I'm starting to think its close to pufa in it's dangers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals