Vegetarian Peatering?

hoppimike

It sounds like an oxymoron I know and although right now for health and simplicity and budget I'm not being veggie, in the long run I would love to strip out the meat and instead just have dairy, eggs and maybe seafood.

What is the closest one can get to a Peat diet and lifestyle whilst omitting meat? I'd like to discuss questions like that in this thread!

It's an odd one I know but I think every diet should consider at least vegetarians if not vegans :)

Cheers cool peeps!

Hoppi :)

cliff

My diets essentially vegetarian except for the occasional liver and gelatin.

ericrlepine

hoppimike said:
It sounds like an oxymoron I know and although right now for health and simplicity and budget I'm not being veggie, in the long run I would love to strip out the meat and instead just have dairy, eggs and maybe seafood.

What is the closest one can get to a Peat diet and lifestyle whilst omitting meat? I'd like to discuss questions like that in this thread!

It's an odd one I know but I think every diet should consider at least vegetarians if not vegans :)

Cheers cool peeps!

Hoppi :)

Dairy, eggs and seafood (especially oysters and shrimp), really, form the foundational protein of Peat's recommendations. The only thing lacking would be gelatin (and, maybe liver, although I suspect that, outside of the vitamin A, oysters are a fairly good replacement, at least in terms of minerals...) but, I suspect that the elimination of muscle meats would also reduce the overall need for gelatin/collagen. Short of broths/stocks or oxtail soup, you could always "cheat" on your "vegetarian approach" and use gelatin powder, just to be safe...

Otherwise though, as long as you don't try to base your "veggie" diet on grains and legumes, get most of your carbs from fruits/milk/honey/sugar, and ensure ample amounts of protein (through dairy, eggs and, if you choose to do so, seafood), you'll be well on your way to a very sound and protective nutritional approach...

OP
hoppimike

hoppimike

ericrlepine said:
Dairy, eggs and seafood (especially oysters and shrimp), really, form the foundational protein of Peat's recommendations. The only thing lacking would be gelatin (and, maybe liver, although I suspect that, outside of the vitamin A, oysters are a fairly good replacement, at least in terms of minerals...) but, I suspect that the elimination of muscle meats would also reduce the overall need for gelatin/collagen. Short of broths/stocks or oxtail soup, you could always "cheat" on your "vegetarian approach" and use gelatin powder, just to be safe...

Otherwise though, as long as you don't try to base your "veggie" diet on grains and legumes, get most of your carbs from fruits/milk/honey/sugar, and ensure ample amounts of protein (through dairy, eggs and, if you choose to do so, seafood), you'll be well on your way to a very sound and protective nutritional approach...

Top advice, thanks ^^

And Cliff I guess you're right, it's not like Peatering is as inherently carnivorous as paleo.. heh :)

Attachments

• another cool cow jumping over a moon.jpg
    another cool cow jumping over a moon.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 36
  • coolest Peat cow.jpg
    coolest Peat cow.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 33
  • cow and moon another.jpg
    cow and moon another.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 35
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals