Vegetarian Diet Appears To Be Highly Detrimental To Health

haidut

Forum Supporter
You can imagine the furor this news is generating around the various Vegan and Paleo circles on the Internet. But the conclusions are rather strong and statistically significant, even though this was an epidemiological study. What can I say, animal products rule!

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... #abstract0

"...Our results revealed that a vegetarian diet is related to a lower BMI and less frequent alcohol consumption. Moreover, our results showed that a vegetarian diet is associated with poorer health (higher incidences of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), a higher need for health care, and poorer quality of life. "

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Vegetarian diet appears to be highly detrimental to heal

Ok I have too.

[highlight=#ff40bf]Ray Peat right again![/highlight]

That being said. It seems like a lot of truth is starting to come out. This is good. :cool:

Peata

Charlie said:
Ok I have too.

[highlight=#ff40bf]Ray Peat right again![/highlight]

That being said. It seems like a lot of truth is starting to come out. This is good. :cool:

I like it better when you shout it. I laugh when I see it blasted over the page.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peata said:
I like it better when you shout it. I laugh when I see it blasted over the page.
Peata made me do it! :mrgreen:

[glow=red]Ray Peat right again![/glow]​

burtlancast

Shocker !

:lol:

SQu

Me too! Charlie, don't ever stop!

I have to resist the urge to giggle at these people at the "health food" store because of the amount of lipofuscin that they display. However we should respect someone who deep down knows that they do it for the environment, not for the health.They are sacrificing their health for a cause I guess.

But the hardtacks man, I'll never understand that. It's sailor food. This is 2014.

pboy

it took me a few years to realize...I feel bad for the kids and younger adults with good intentions who want to make things better and realize something is wrong with their food who attempt to become vegan. Unfortunately the whole field is filled with parasites and businesses trying to create and playing on the existing propaganda to sell expensive products to well off good intending people. Its almost impossible for young people to succeed. After just too much gastric distress and other stuff eating only vegan for a couple years I realized something had to change. I was freezing during winter and literally realized I didn't have the capability to feel a warm metabolism with the food I had available. I expiriemented and slowly added in stuff and begin realizing that a lot of the vegan foods I was relying on were actually the source of irritation. Long story, but at the moment Ive realized that meat and eggs aren't necessary, and in some cases might also be a source of irritation. But you have to have something, and dairy clearly works the best and digests the easiest. So vegetarianism using a good amount of dairy is probably the best approach, that Ive arrived at, without a lot of vegetative irritants.
I feel bad for the aspiring vegetarians and vegans because they usually honestly have at least some good intention and deserve support for that, but the information and marketing available make it almost impossible for people to succeed. The people(vegetarians/vegans) who refuse to acknowledge when something is wrong, become emaciated or irritable all the time yet continue to aggressively push their point of view, are also showing character flaws and hurting themselves and their resolve. However, the whole animal factory business and slaughterhouses are completely unnecessary and a huge wart on the whole society and peoples perspectives of life. Theres no reason we could not thrive on pastured diary with maybe some wild seafood

Mittir

I want to point out one thing that RP praised Indian style vegetarian diet
composed of mainly dairy and fruits. I think it is very difficult to
make a vegan diet healthy and complete. It is still possible to make it better
with Potato protein. In this study their vegetarian group was very small and majority of
them consumed both milk and eggs, some of them also ate fish.
One of their theory is that people with health issues are more likely to
become vegetarian. I do not think their conclusion is convincing.
But their analysis is quite good.

aquaman

Wow, Tony Robbins won't be very happy to see this ;)

Animal products are vital for human health. At least include dairy in your diet. My uncle is a vegetarian and he hates winter and the dark, short days. But at least he eats cheese. The vegans are the ones in real danger, especially the raw vegans and fruitarians.

I don't really agree with Sv3rige, but his YouTube videos of vegan malnutrition are a frightening indictment of that supposedly healthy diet.