Veganism is such a joke

Jenn

Little dogs live twice as long as big dogs, all other things being equal. The difference is metabolism. My 8 lb doxie ate almost as much in a day as my 150 lb GP.

Over eating is not healthy. Overeating is eating more than your body can handle. Eating just enough or just under is better. 3000 calories might be overeating for one person and under eating for another. 3000 calories in the form of ramen is not the same as 3000 calories as Hagen Daz either. ;)

jb4566

That is true, I just thought it was funny that the author was essentially promoting hypothyroidism (and a slow metabolism) as healthy.

Peata

I used to believe in intermittent fasting and thought the symptoms of that were good, such as less hunger, eating less often, feeling cold, etc. :?

jb4566

Haha, I have been there too peata, I think a lot of us have...

J

j.

Peata said:
I used to believe in intermittent fasting and thought the symptoms of that were good, such as less hunger, eating less often, feeling cold, etc. :?

I think I'm less hungry than before Peating. Peat mentioned that people who consumed coconut oil for a while can stay longer without eating and not feeling hungry.

mandance

I noticed on paleo, I was hungry all the time despite eating 6 meals a day. Since I started Peating, I am rarely hungry at all and i still have lost and kept weight off even consuming more carbs and sugar.

jaa

Interesting, that's the exact opposite of my experience. On paleo, I could IF and eat 1 / 2 huge meals a day without feeling hungry in between. Now I start feeling off after about 3hrs w/o food.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
lvysaur Aryanism, veganism, blood type, empathy and the Indo-European lie. Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 17
Tristan Loscha The Global Influence Of The Seventh-Day Adventist Church On Diet (ADA) (VEGANISM) Discussing Dietary Models 4
Ritchie Applying Peat Principles To Veganism: Incredible Results Discussing Dietary Models 101
D Advantages Of Veganism Diet 33
michael94 Ethical Veganism And Oysters Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
D Any Such Thing As Natural Alternative To Afrin/Flonase >Stuffed Nose - Help Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 9
N Hormones Contain Of Organs Such As Veal Heart Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 0
bodacious There's No Such Thing As Species Blogs 2
P NY ER Doc To Try Diamox (carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor) For COVID - Why Such Low Blood O2? CO2, Bag Breathing 1
ecstatichamster Tell Us Your Success Getting Rid Of Skin Tags, Moles And Such Experiments 61
Juniperus No Such Thing As Chronotypes Scientific Studies 1
haidut SSRI Drugs Such As Prozac (fluoxetine) Cause Antibiotic Resistance Scientific Studies 4
Mr. God of Cars How Do You Disprove This Study (and Other Of Such Types [a-Ray Peat]) Metabolism 4
S Dosing T3, Why Such A Big Gap In Opinions And Science? T3 20
michael94 Watch If Bored Only - More On Art Conspiracy And Such Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 2
A Why Is Aspirin Such An Effective Anti-Anxiety For Me? Ask For Help or Advice 10
michael94 Bitcoin And Such Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 142
thms Would Fruit / Fruit Juices / Milk Fill Up Muscle Glycogen Just As Good As Starches Do Such As Rice / Diet 20
J PFS Sufferer. I Don't Know How I Missed Such A Risk Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 123
lvysaur Is There A Such Thing As A Loose Stomach Sphincter? "Gastric Dumping" Digestion 2
I Radiation Hormesis, And My Personal Experience With Such Radiation 5
P Do Banks Block Transactions Such As Alldaychemist Because Of Fraud Or... Society 5
sweetly Your childhood diet; the impacts of such? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 2
haidut There Is No Such Thing As A "healthy" Microbiome Digestion, Gut Flora 4
haidut Vitamin B6 May Help Conditions Such As IBS / IBD And Chron's Scientific Studies 4
J Why do doctors have such bad handwriting? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
Insomnia Potassium (cream Of Tartar) Is No Joke! Be Careful! Minerals 15