Vascularity

High body temperature causes the blood vessels to dilate and rise to the surface and a low bodyfat makes them more visible -- your two year mystery solved!

Taking topical testosterone and HCG has nothing to do with Peat and besides I'd be more inspired by a picture that wasn't a few years old. By trolling, I was talking about needless attention seeking. Anyway, congrats on your physique, if it's yours. Taking testosterone and HCG helps, but one still needs to get their **** into the gym and lift.

yomama

slayers said:
post 103685 the pic is irrelevant to the topic ; what causes Vasuclaiy, body fat, Co2, sugar, caffeine,

Vascularity, as you call it, mainly depends on Nitric Oxide and any substance able to promote endogenous Nitric Oxide production. Some of the products you named could increase Nitric Oxide (as Aspirin, Caffeine, Testosterone, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually if you read Ray Peat, it is made clear that it can arise within an opposite spectrum of health at the hands of low adrenaline and high carbon dioxide.

michael94

slayers said:
post 103139 HCG keeps testicles healthy, prevents the T from shutting you down.

HCG is basically synthetic LH and it shuts down endogenous LH, get some bloodwork done and you will see this. The pituitary part of the HPTA is shutdown due to no longer producing LH. If you stopped the HCG right now the results would be no different than stopping exogenous test injections with regards to HPTA shutdown. The benefit of HCG is no testes shrinkage + testes do more than create test, but it's also limited in the amount it can boost you. Of course you can always take both at the same time.

How many grams of fat per day do you estimate you're consuming? Physique looks great

Last edited by a moderator:

tomisonbottom

theoretical/anecdotal

i get the same effect from a super low fat diet

other things that increase it
caffeine , dexamphetamine , allithiamine , excercise , heat

therefore i think the factors that play a role in vasodilation and looking vascular are
low body fat, NO , CO2 , Dopamine , the need to remove waste products , increasing peripheral loss of heat

:2cents

Do you think Dexamphetamine is safe in low doses?

Stryker

Do you think Dexamphetamine is safe in low doses?
i would definately not take it on a regular basis but maybe used a few times a year to break out of a rut and remind you how strong your brain is at being able to make you think "you cant do this" or "im not good enough at this".

in my experience dexamphetamine smashes those thoughts in doses as low as 10-20mg , so even if your not taking it all the time you can say to yourself "if such a tiny amount of a drug can break through these psychological barriers why cant i will myself too?"

so in that sense it kinda helps you break out of that learned helplessness thought pattern.

natedawggh

RP diet really gets me vascular.... I think its the low fat, caffeine, sugar, but I'm not positive of the results and what caused it.
WTF are the other guys on here taking about? I'm muscular and I lift and I don't have nearly that vascularity, even when I'm flexing. Yes it's probably great blood flow, but if you're taking those things and doing a peat diet it's not nitric oxide. You probably ha e very good levels of progesterone, which increases the volume of the blood., which would in turn show more vascularity. In your healthy state taking pregnenolone would convert into high amounts of T and Progesterone.