Vascular Observations

allblues

So i went to the gym today for the first time in a few years and for the second time in my life. It was pretty OK.

What i noticed was that my friend, who also is a newbie, and others i was looking at, got seriously pumped
from the exercise. My friends veins just exploded (well almost), while my own barely changed from how they
look at rest. We lifted the same weights and i'd say we're at a pretty similar position strengthwise.
He's leaner than me though, but not that much leaner.

Could this have any significance? I've been thinking my blood circulation might be subpar and this adds to the suspicion.
Do you get pumped from weight lifting? Does it vary from time to time?

T

tca300

Low body fat %, high Co2, enough salt, and keeping body temperature up. Many bodybuilders run a hair dryer all over their body before going on stage to increase their vascularity. Keeping your thyroid running good, and eating foods that keep you hot, protein, sucrose/fructose, coconut oil for example.

Gl;itch.e

Chances are he is much leaner than you are able to tell. Also its not necessarily a good thing that the veins do that in response to exercise. Think about it this way. If you can achieve the same amount of work without having to tax your circulatory system as much then you are probably healthier all round. I got my 'best' pumps when I was doing intermittent fasting and I suspect it was simply because the body needed to work harder to get fuel to the muscles and clear waste away.

OP
allblues

allblues

I think i did get pretty hot and worked up, yet barely nothing happened with my forearms. My forearms are actually quite thin, if i lost more fat around there i could probably get part time job as a skeleton for training orthopedists.

Yeah he is a fair bit leaner than me to be honest. Though our forearms are about as thin. Interesting perspective about the body not having to work as hard when doing the work. Something intuitively seems healthy about that vascularity though, even though i know it's not always so, nitric oxide etc.

Luckytype

Just wanted to touch on this.

Im hypo curently via stress. Probably have been so for about a year.

For reference even in my "offseasons" im still vascular as hell. Im vascular that people used to ask what supplement i take to get that. As soon as im warm they pop out all over my upper body, chest, delts, biceps and forearms. Like a road map, both my parents passed that "gene" to me. I used to comment "yea i know, you should see my mom"

Then there are guys that are completely peeled to the bone but with no real vasularity to speak of. So yes to a lot of the aforementioned, but some people are just born with weird vascularity

Wagner83

By "vascular" and "he got pumped" do you mean he had big bulging visible veins? Not sure why vascularity would be a good sign, maybe he a took a gram of l-citrulline or whatever pre work out beforehand.

Luckytype

I have had pretty crazy vascularity, and like I said, from my parents since i was a kid. Just now am I experiencing issues with scalp and hair along with energy being zapped. I guess for some people, what peaters generally dont consider as super "healthy" is normal for some people even over long term.

I used to just use vascularity as an indicator of my sodium levels being decent, I wasnt getting super "soft" from a bodyfat perspective and that my water and carb intake was pretty good. The pump in the gym...mostly since I started feeling crappy 6 months ago was hit or miss

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals