Varicocele, Wow!

TreasureVibe

Wow. I am confused as hell right now. I have received a message from a friend on another forum stating that he cured his varicocele completely by fixing his previously unnoticed anterior pelvic tilt, which according to him and his physiotherapist caused a chronic pressure in the lower pelvic which inhibited blood flow to that region.

He suggested lifting my legs while I was sitting with my back straight. I noticed I couldn't do it! So he adviced me to sit with my back straight and lift each leg up for 10 seconds at a time to stretch the muscle group that is involved negatively in your anterior pelvic tilt. Now I only did the exercise once but my varicocele did become much and much smaller! And I felt an extreme energy boost, and a sudden increase in libido. Also body temperature increased almost instantly! I noticed my lower back muscles felt a bit realigned, as they were slightly sore. And I felt enormous (and painful) stretching of the adductor muscles while doing the exercise! My friend attributed a tight hip to be the cause of his varicocele.

Now I am confused, as a member on here said Proviron Every Day for 6 days fixed his varicocele permanently. So, what should I do, what should I think?

Any ideas and comments are appreciated!

Thanks!!

michael94

Theres an entire matrix of bad habits we become accustomed to that are dependent on each other. For example, sleeping on a modern mattress with a box spring is very unhealthy for your organs ( especially the kidneys ) but if you try to correct this issue by say...sleeping on a padded floor, one will find that it is like torture and that they would have to completely change how one views eating, working, etc. If we have a posture or morphological problem there is always a host of energetic blockages tied to it...and vice versa. So you can be fortunate and fix an issue with "this one weird trick" or medicine, but unless everything is tackled synchronistically any success will be fleeting.

The inability to do this stretch means you should keep practicing it and see what your efforts spur you to do that are unrelated to stretching.

Diokine

I do exercises similar to this several times a day, I would say it's probably the most effective way to treat issues like this.

Amazoniac

sit with my back straight and lift each leg up for 10 seconds at a time to stretch the muscle group that is involved negatively in your anterior pelvic tilt
Richard, what do you mean? I thought (no sarcasm) that the muscle had to be relaxed for proper stretching, by holding the foot with your hands or resting it somewhere.

I don't know if it's related, but can your chair do this? Some of them constrict the muscles of the back of your upper legs without mercy. Some are not good yet not too bad, they are the worst because people stay longer than they should.

A decent exercise for those muscles in my opinion is single leg squat, but the squats have to be very subtle to require them:
3-single-leg-squat-lgn.jpg

Just ignore the one on the right.
If move up and down slightly (really vibrating) you'll feel those muscles that are rarely required, exercising.
These should be good for sitting intervals.

Walking uphills is another option.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Do you have any pictures of the stretch being done? Do you literally sit on a chair and raise your legs out straight?

How often does he do these exercises?
Basically I just sit near the edge of my chair, and raise my back as up and straight as I can (I have to forcefully do this because I have a habit of slouching), then with my legs straightened on the floor, I raise each leg with the knee straightened aswell. I raise it as far as I can, hold it for 10 seconds, then lower it to the floor again. I do this for each leg, 10 times for each leg. Here are my friend's 2 messages explaining it in his own words:

Hey man,

I have got something useful information for you of what I found out. I have found out during my research that a tight hip can cause the hard flaccid, varicocele and poor erections problem. And a retracting of your scrotum which caused by the pelvic tension. What caused the pelvic tension is the hip that bend forward. Do you have a poor posture?

If so, you must have a hip flexor, glutes, hamstrings and adductors that caused the problems of your varicocele and hard flaccid. When these muscles get tightness, it will reduce the blood flow to the pelvis and the penis which caused the varicocele, hard flaccid and poor erections. When you stretch your hamstrings, hip, glutes and other muscles that work together, it will help to reduce the tightness and when you release the tightness the hard flaccid and varicocele will be gone forever!

This is the guy I have found that got the same problem of what I have got:

Hard Flaccid

I went to see my physio in few weeks ago to explained the problem of what I found and she assessment on me. She have confirmed that my psoas and hamstrings was tight due to hip reflex that make my hip to bend forward which caused the anterior pelvic tilt. I couldn't stretch it anymore when she asked me to lift my leg up with back straight, but I can lift my leg up with no problem when I don't put my back straight. There are tightness muscles in the pelvis area that we need to get rid it.

She advised me to do the hip and hamstrings stretching by sitting on the bed with back straight. Then slowly lift your leg up with straight knee as you will feel the tightness on your hamstrings. Stretch it slowly and hold it there for 10 seconds to stretch your hamstrings and move your leg down. Do the same for your other leg and walk around as you will feel the tightness. Repeat it for 10 times on both legs to stretch it, 3 times in per day. So far there has been improvement for me. My penis has got big and fat, more relaxing, no more varicocele and hard flaccid. There are still more work to work on so I am still work on it.

(The website he added is apparently an expensive e-book/program, but it has some information about hard flaccid, which my friend suffers from aswell)

Thanks man, I am on the road to recovery but I am still a long way to go.

To do the exercise, you need to sit with back straight and then slowly raise your leg up as you will feel the stretching on your hamstrings. If you feel your hamstrings get stretching that you can't stretch anymore, then you must have a tight hip. Did you feel your hamstrings get stretching when you raise your leg up with back straight?

This is how it can be done:

To do this, slowly raise your leg up with straight knee, leg with straight back until you cant stretch anymore. You need to hold the stretching for 10 seconds, do it 10 times 3 times in per day. Morning, afternoon and evening. Do it everyday, don't stop. I have done mine for the last 2 weeks and there has been improvement.

Yes you do have anterior pelvic tilt. Because your glutes (hip) is tight. When your hip is tight, it will make you bend your back to forward that your back don't look straight. It will adjust your pelvic floor as it will get out of balance, your psoas, hamstrings and other muscles will get tight. The tension in the pelvic floor is the worse things because when your pelvic floor get tight, it will reduce the blood flow to the penis and your scrotum so that caused the varicocele. This is what I have got. You need to go and see the physio, tell them you believe you have anterior pelvic tilt, because your hip, hamstrings, psoas, adduactor and pelvic floor are tight. They will check you out and get it sorted. I am going to see another physio as my current physio has not been helping me enough, because she only give me one program to work on for 2 months before I go back to see her. I need more than that, maybe 2 or 3 would be enough.

I don't have a varicocele now but I still have the hard flaccid. I am still working on it to get rid it.

Does the exercise have a specific name I can look at? Do you literally sit on a chair and raise your legs?
Seated Straight Leg Raise

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Richard, what do you mean? I thought (no sarcasm) that the muscle had to be relaxed for proper stretching, by holding the foot with your hands or resting it somewhere.

I don't know if it's related, but can your chair do this? Some of them constrict the muscles of the back of your upper legs without mercy. Some are not good yet not too bad, they are the worst because people stay longer than they should.

A decent exercise for those muscles in my opinion is single leg squat, but the squats have to be very subtle to require them:
3-single-leg-squat-lgn.jpg

Just ignore the one on the right.
If move up and down slightly (really vibrating) you'll feel those muscles that are rarely required, exercising.
These should be good for sitting intervals.

Walking uphills is another option.
Basically how I did it was sort of like this video but I was sitting more near the edge of my chair, forced my back to be straight with my chest and back in the correct position (as I have a slouching habit when sitting), and having my legs straightened out forward already laying on the floor, where as in this video the guy has them bent. It's not really that much of a difference, I haven't tried it like in that video yet, I will, but my ''version'' worked for me so far! My chair is really a basic computer chair, nothing special.

Also, I was out in the outdoor nature today, and I tried walking across a tree that was laying on a wide water-filled ditch, and I slipped, falling in the water with my legs. Now both my legs fell sort of the same way, yet my left leg cramped ALOT, which got me into agonizing pain, where as my right leg apparently was fine. I managed to climb myself up on the tree again, and my left leg kept cramping for like 20 seconds before subsiding, mostly in my hamstrings area and upper leg. So in my case there's alot of tension in the muscle group that sits near my left side of the pelvis, and in my left leg. The exercise is really simple but it helped alot! And surprisingly it lowered the manifestation of varicocele alot aswell. As if some pressure was lowered somewhere up where the veins travel inside the pelvis.

Edit: This video looks more like how I did it, but I had my back really straight, not resting against any back support, and both legs rested straightened on the floor. The woman comes closest as to how I did it:

Last edited:

Gus

Theres an entire matrix of bad habits we become accustomed to that are dependent on each other. For example, sleeping on a modern mattress with a box spring is very unhealthy for your organs ( especially the kidneys ) but if you try to correct this issue by say...sleeping on a padded floor, one will find that it is like torture and that they would have to completely change how one views eating, working, etc. If we have a posture or morphological problem there is always a host of energetic blockages tied to it...and vice versa. So you can be fortunate and fix an issue with "this one weird trick" or medicine, but unless everything is tackled synchronistically any success will be fleeting.

The inability to do this stretch means you should keep practicing it and see what your efforts spur you to do that are unrelated to stretching.
This is a weird instance of synchronicity. I was just recently reading about anterior pelvic tilt fixes and floor sleeping, and now both concepts show up here. Is this a sign that I should start sleeping on the floor?

@RichardDobson I don't know if it was a "true" varicocele, but I used to have a weird feeling in my left testicle and a dull pain radiating from it down my left leg. That went away when I switched from sitting to a standing desk last summer. Whether varicoceles are caused by stress in the hips or not I can't say, but I believe that fixing whatever imbalance that is present there will only help.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

This is a weird instance of synchronicity. I was just recently reading about anterior pelvic tilt fixes and floor sleeping, and now both concepts show up here. Is this a sign that I should start sleeping on the floor?

@RichardDobson I don't know if it was a "true" varicocele, but I used to have a weird feeling in my left testicle and a dull pain radiating from it down my left leg. That went away when I switched from sitting to a standing desk last summer. Whether varicoceles are caused by stress in the hips or not I can't say, but I believe that fixing whatever imbalance that is present there will only help.
A varicocele is very simple to diagnose, all you need to do is compare the left vein bundle with the right one. If the left one feels bigger than the right one, you have varicocele. 90% of varicoceles are left side.

vulture

I have varicoceles, specially in left side and also anterior pelvic tilt. Really noticeable varicose veins, I'm gonna try that for some weeks

Pointless

I have hemorrhoids, weak erections, and lower bowl problems, incomplete elimination. I'm trying it to and it seemed to help after doing it once.

thanks. it makes sense. i've always thought masturbation/edging was really bad for this issue and for other male related diseases like hair loss... i feel like the muscles get really tense and maybe lose the magnesium and relaxation factor down there.. it makes sense what you say, to stretch the area out would help

dfspcc20

90% of varicoceles are left side.

I wonder if that's maybe due to the location of descending and/or sigmoid colon (the left side). If there's irritation there, it seems plausible that it could affect the firing of the psaos and others muscles in the core and hip on that side.

Ulysses

Thanks, I'm going to try this. Would Yoga fix the anterior pelvic tilt issue? I've been thinking about trying it for a long time, this might be what pushes me over the edge.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I think it could help for some, maybe alot. Because this has never been documented or researched properly due to orthodox and/or greedy and/or stupid urologists I cannot give an accurate estimate for how many people it could work.

Pointless

This really seems to work. It helps with hemorrhoids and erection strength. Anyone know of any similar stretches for clearing up sinuses and reducing mouth breathing? Maybe @CoolTweetPete ???

dfspcc20

This really seems to work. It helps with hemorrhoids and erection strength. Anyone know of any similar stretches for clearing up sinuses and reducing mouth breathing? Maybe @CoolTweetPete ???

Smile more. As in the biggest, cheesiest, "ham-it-up" type smile you can do. That also helps to get the tongue in optimal position.
I feel like humming and singing, the louder the better, gets blood flowing in the sinuses as well.

Here are a couple exercises/stretches, though they don't mention clearing sinus specifically, I feel that they help me.

http://zhealtheducation.com/episode-191-get-stronger-immediately/
http://zhealtheducation.com/episode-192-improve-visual-acuity/

Ulysses

Bag breathing really helps my sinuses.

CoolTweetPete

This concept of restoring “tensile integrity”, or “tensegrity” which Dr Peat has mentioned in his newsletters has become a bit of a project of mine lately.

I essentially stopped doing any form of breathless exercise about 4 months ago and focused on soft tissue work (compression of the tissue with a variety of tools) and elongation (through several patterns of stretching which seemed intuitive).

During this time, my body fat decreased, my arms and hands seemingly got longer, my stride length increased, my sensorimotor skills got very good after being very bad for most of my life, and my sleep quality improved (I seem to remember my dreams again after a very long period of never remembering them - probably from alcohol abuse).

That said I’m not saying that this was the main reason I got better recently. I also stopped drinking any alcohol and that has made a big difference. But I think in many people (especially over 30) soft tissue work might be a missing link.

Dr Peat has obviously stated that Fibrosis can occur all over the body and I am fairly certain I had several fibrotic areas in my body judging from the consistency of the tissue when I began doing these things. Simply rolling a foam roller across my back produced a caucophony of twig snap-like sounds, which I think can be indicative of at very least muscular adhesions.

Foam rollers and soft tissue release are step one in reversing musculoskeletal posture problems, and step two is usually an attempt to reelongate the tissues that are short and strengthen the tissue that are long.

Step three is typically an attempt to activate the slightly elongated tissue in order a reinforce a better position in the neuromuscular system.

That said here is a stretch and activation I have seen help a few folks who have spent too much time in a chair,

There is a very powerful stretch for the anterior (front side) of the hip complex, which seems chronically shortened in a great deal of individuals. This makes sense given the amount of time most people have spent sitting in a chair by the time they reach adulthood.

The stretch is called the "couch stretch" as seen below.

*EDIT* I'm not able to figure out how to insert this photo. A simple search will find several tutorials for this.
kellystarrett

x2uP3n

The reason this is more effective than many conventional methods of stretching the hips & quadriceps is because the foot is plantar flexed, which focuses the stretch on the large wrapping leg muscle - rectus femoris.

Another useful movement related to the OP's topic is called "Deadbugs". A tutorial can be found for these most anywhere. They are probably the most effective movement I have seen for engaging the low abdomen while maintaining spinal stability. Crunches (especially with weight) place the spine is a flexed position under load, which is not ideal.

A progression I have used would be to do these in order, lengthening the anterior hip tissue, then doing some deadbugs to engage the lengthened tissue, hopefully restoring some motor recruitment.

I can see how all of these things would have positive effects on circulation given the interconnectedness of all tissue in the body through the collagenous ECM (extracellular matrix).

Last edited: