Varicocele, Wow!

M

member 2106

Has anyone been finding success with the exercises discussed in this thread?

I tried today, and noticed that it was extremely difficult to lift and hold my left leg, but not so bad with the right - which might be telling me something, since the varicocele is on the left side.

MrFrench

Has anyone been finding success with the exercises discussed in this thread?

I tried today, and noticed that it was extremely difficult to lift and hold my left leg, but not so bad with the right - which might be telling me something, since the varicocele is on the left side.

I have a large varicocole in my left teste and I tried the siting leg stretch. I had the exact same result as you @waldenpond, left leg was way tighter and harder to stretch than right leg - interesting.

Vinny

Basically how I did it was sort of like this video but I was sitting more near the edge of my chair, forced my back to be straight with my chest and back in the correct position (as I have a slouching habit when sitting), and having my legs straightened out forward already laying on the floor, where as in this video the guy has them bent. It's not really that much of a difference, I haven't tried it like in that video yet, I will, but my ''version'' worked for me so far! My chair is really a basic computer chair, nothing special.

Also, I was out in the outdoor nature today, and I tried walking across a tree that was laying on a wide water-filled ditch, and I slipped, falling in the water with my legs. Now both my legs fell sort of the same way, yet my left leg cramped ALOT, which got me into agonizing pain, where as my right leg apparently was fine. I managed to climb myself up on the tree again, and my left leg kept cramping for like 20 seconds before subsiding, mostly in my hamstrings area and upper leg. So in my case there's alot of tension in the muscle group that sits near my left side of the pelvis, and in my left leg. The exercise is really simple but it helped alot! And surprisingly it lowered the manifestation of varicocele alot aswell. As if some pressure was lowered somewhere up where the veins travel inside the pelvis.

Edit: This video looks more like how I did it, but I had my back really straight, not resting against any back support, and both legs rested straightened on the floor. The woman comes closest as to how I did it:

So, in which of the two videos the exercise is performed correct?

I’ve had a varicocele since I was 15, so 6 years now. For the past 3 weeks I’ve been doing these stretches along side hip flexor stretches to reduce overall pelvic tension. This provided almost instant relief to any pain or discomfort and helped drain the varicocele a little.

In addition to this, I’ve been taking a Bilberry Horse Chestnut complex (Solgar) which consists of things such as bromelian, rutin, horse chestnut, bilberry, etc. I can now say my varicocele has decreased in size so much that I can’t find it anymore. No pain or dull ache or pressure!

vulture

I’ve had a varicocele since I was 15, so 6 years now. For the past 3 weeks I’ve been doing these stretches along side hip flexor stretches to reduce overall pelvic tension. This provided almost instant relief to any pain or discomfort and helped drain the varicocele a little.

In addition to this, I’ve been taking a Bilberry Horse Chestnut complex (Solgar) which consists of things such as bromelian, rutin, horse chestnut, bilberry, etc. I can now say my varicocele has decreased in size so much that I can’t find it anymore. No pain or dull ache or pressure!
The question is: was the stretches or that combo of herbs?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I'm gonna try Orgono Living Silica. A homeopath/orthomolecular doctor recommended silicon/silica for the strengthening of the varicocele. I had success with horsetail tea already, improved my varicocele and felt like healing was taking place. But horsetail tea contains thiaminase which breaks down vitamin B1 so it will cause a deficiency that's why I'm gonna try Living Silica. Living Silica contains MMST.

Will keep you updated.

Last edited:

krish

Same issue here guys. Left Sided Varicocele and when I do a seated straight leg raise i have an issue raising the left one as high as the right one. Even when I lay down on my back and do a straight leg raise my left side doesn’t go up as high as my right. I think a knee injury I never rehabbed caused my hamstring to tighten up. I always felt some random twinges in my left testicle vein from too long but never anything too bad. Eventually I was at the gym doing some lunges and i injured my groin and my varicocele worsened. Now it hurts bad. I’m starting to do these straight leg raises as well as doing the pigeon poses. So far I think the two muscle groups that are tight are the hamstring (from the knee injury) and now after the gym injury my left hip flexor has also tightened up (psoas). I’ll be stretching the crap out of both for the next few months and I’ll report back if it gets any better. If not I’ll have to opt to do the embolization or micro surgery. I hope we all make it through this. Keep your heads up.

gately

I'm gonna try Orgono Living Silica. A homeopath/orthomolecular doctor recommended silicon/silica for the strengthening of the varicocele. I had success with horsetail tea already, improved my varicocele and felt like healing was taking place. But horsetail tea contains thiaminase which breaks down vitamin B1 so it will cause a deficiency that's why I'm gonna try Living Silica. Living Silica contains MMST.

Will keep you updated.

How did this work for you? I don’t have varicocele, but have been researching silica for about a year now for other issues. One thing I’ve consistently noticed is silica which is bound to food seems to help people in ways the silica gels, etc. don’t.

Btw, if it didn’t work, and horsetail causes you issues, two options that come to mind are bamboo powder silica (bamboo is much more neutral in effects than horsetail) and the red marine algae silica that solgar sells.

Stifi

@TreasureVibe,nikitis did you heal your varicocele.. Any other person who is free from it or atleast close.. Please reply

Stifi

Hi hows your varicocele now?

Hi hows your varicocele now?
Non existent almost all the time - only flares up if I let the following slip.
What I do to keep in check is:

- Stretching hamstrings, glutes, hips, quads and lower back. As regular as possible!! (Instant relief and preventative. This is so important)
- When working at my desk I make sure I stand up and walk regularly. (Preventative)
- Not holding a full bladder, avoiding constipation and bloating and not straining on the loo. No sexual tension either. Any pressure build up within pelvic floor is a massive trigger.
- Possible reduction in prostate size/inflammation. 5AR inhibitors (finasteride)
- When exercise wear supportive underwear, when not exercising wear loose underwear to keep the boys cool.
- Good posture (strengthen core and glutes). Perfect form when squatting and deadlifting.

I no longer take the supplement but keep to hand in case of future flare up.

Work to eliminate any stress or tension in the pelvic area, and let me know how it goes.

Stifi

Non existent almost all the time - only flares up if I let the following slip.
What I do to keep in check is:

- Stretching hamstrings, glutes, hips, quads and lower back. As regular as possible!! (Instant relief and preventative. This is so important)
- When working at my desk I make sure I stand up and walk regularly. (Preventative)
- Not holding a full bladder, avoiding constipation and bloating and not straining on the loo. No sexual tension either. Any pressure build up within pelvic floor is a massive trigger.
- Possible reduction in prostate size/inflammation. 5AR inhibitors (finasteride)
- When exercise wear supportive underwear, when not exercising wear loose underwear to keep the boys cool.
- Good posture (strengthen core and glutes). Perfect form when squatting and deadlifting.

I no longer take the supplement but keep to hand in case of future flare up.

Work to eliminate any stress or tension in the pelvic area, and let me know how it goes.
Hi thankyou so much for replying.. Please bear with me..
So I have been doing stretches hips glutes etc.. There are days my scrotum doesn't hang and I feel great.. I feel like I'm doing stuff right and it will get better eventually.. But after a few days varicocele kinda comes back (low hanging etc) .. I lose hope when tht happens.. It's been 2 weeks of stretching the hams and strengthening glutes.. Following good posture.. Not sitting too long at a time... I just wish I could save my progress.. Sucks man..