Valproate For Anxiety

M

member 6316

I know this goes against everything on here, this old drug with tons of side effects... Anti-androgen and blocks the progesterone receptor...
But it seems to be the only drug that helps my social anxiety... and I have tried many, many meds... I believe it has to do with the effect it has on CRHR1 receptors and its wide-spread effect on the brain.. I'm curious has anyone been on valproate also known as valproic acid and did you find it made you calm and less socially anxious? & is there anything I can do to overcome the anti-androgenic and progestergonic (spelling?) effect? Progesterone oil I assume for the latter but what for the former?

nad

I know this goes against everything on here, this old drug with tons of side effects... Anti-androgen and blocks the progesterone receptor...
But it seems to be the only drug that helps my social anxiety... and I have tried many, many meds... I believe it has to do with the effect it has on CRHR1 receptors and its wide-spread effect on the brain.. I'm curious has anyone been on valproate also known as valproic acid and did you find it made you calm and less socially anxious? & is there anything I can do to overcome the anti-androgenic and progestergonic (spelling?) effect? Progesterone oil I assume for the latter but what for the former?
I'm still not sure if homeopathic accepted on the forum, but being anxiety sufferer for 45 years, now the only my help is Kali Phos from Hyland's. :2cents: No side effect, need 30 seconds.

Frankdee20

It seems to increase GABA levels and lower Glutamate via the GAD enzyme.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals