Valium Or A Sleepless Night?

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

For magnesium? Well any Magnesium Bisglycinate will do....they are all pretty much the same. You can try Dr's Best, Now Foods. To be honest with you it doesn't really matter as they are pretty much the same. I just try to find the cheapest.

Take 400 mg a day (as they usually come in 100 mg or 200 tablets) with 200mg close to bed time.

If you want a source of magnesium that will last you a long while then you can buy them magnesium chloride flakes. Just make sure its food grade. It's very easy to mix and a round tablespoon of flakes will make 500 ml of magnesium chloride. Each does of 100 - 125 ml will give you roughly 500-600 mg of Magnesium. Some people are more sensitive than others and cannot tolerate it, however I take it and give it to my son and neither of us ever had an issue.

Thank you Rahmon, I actually bought Dr. Best and am considering doing the flakes as well

tara

For magnesium? Well any Magnesium Bisglycinate will do....they are all pretty much the same. You can try Dr's Best, Now Foods. To be honest with you it doesn't really matter as they are pretty much the same.
Peat has suggested caution with some common excipients/'tabletting aids', for instance some of the fillers like microcrystaline cellulose, titanium dioxide, can apparently cause trouble by persorption through the gut wall into the bloodstream. So take a look at the other ingredients. Dan Wich has a nice site with info he's gathered about brands with less problematic fillers: toxinless.

Rahmon

Thank you Rahmon, I actually bought Dr. Best and am considering doing the flakes as well

Great, let me know how it goes. Just be sure you are taking enough. Many people simply take it and think 'nope it didn't work' ..but women need a minimum of at least 320 mg a day RDA ..generally your body requires more. Even more so if you're under stress as it increases the amount of magnesium excreted.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

@tara yes, i took one 200 mg mag pill today and had no reaction, so fingers crossed. But am considering the magnesium chloride flakes as well precisely because of fillers.

@Rahmon i will go for a full dose of 400 mg today to see how I react/feel

tara

yes, i took one 200 mg mag pill today and had no reaction, so fingers crossed.
I would expect that negative effects of persorbed particles would likely be cumulative, not necessarily showing up till much later, and probably hard to pin to the specific cause.
Mg chloride flakes seems like a reasonable option, or pure powders of some other forms without fillers.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I would expect that negative effects of persorbed particles would likely be cumulative, not necessarily showing up till much later, and probably hard to pin to the specific cause.

I see, thanks for pointing that out to me. I will probably finish the bottle I have and move onto mag flakes.

tara

I see, thanks for pointing that out to me. I will probably finish the bottle I have and move onto mag flakes.
Seems reasonable to me. I think it's more of a problem with a large quantity than a small amount - taking a few tablets may not be a big deal, but as you say, next time round maybe better to see if you can avoid, so it doesn't end up being lots for the rest of your life. In the meantime, even with the fillers, if you really need the Mg, you may well be better off with it than without.

lampofred

RP actually recommends valium, says it's very similar in effect to progesterone.

RP actually recommends valium, says it's very similar in effect to progesterone.
Wow, do you have the source for this?

Has he ever wrote about any other GABAenergics?

Birdie

Wow, do you have the source for this?

Has he ever wrote about any other GABAenergics?
I'd not heard Ray say this, but could be he did. I use valium, 2-3mg, only if my tummy starts to rumble like a pre-IBS attack.
It works and I feel that another bowel attack lasting many hours would be more damaging than using it, so I do.

Birdie

Where did he recommend it?
I've seen Ray recommend doxycycline in answers to peoples' emails. And pretty sure he's talked about it in interviews.

P. S. Sorry, irrelevant answer to your question, since I answered without reading carefully.

Last edited:

Beefcake

so I'm in the hospital after a surgery, they don't want to give me any anti histamines for sleep. (It's evening here) My only option is to hope that sleep will come whilst only being able to sleep in one position on my back or to take Valium. What would you do?

Everyone is gonna be different but 2-3 weels of one nightly valium is not gonna cause you dependence even on 10mg tablets. I myself took valium everyday at one point on recreational purpose between 2-6 tablets everyday. Once I realized 60mg daily was getting out of hand I did a taper protocol but managed actually to drop it quite fast. I did have some sleepless nights but it was not that horrible after 1-2 weeks I was normal again. Dependency can go fast but usually its the real long term use that gets you hard. You could likely take 2,5-5mg every evening for 30 days without developing any dependency at all but better be on the safe side. If i was you I would try and get the valium anyway from your doctor and in emergency if you really cant sleep on your own you take one. Just the fact that you know you can do this will help you relax and get sleep without them.

I'd not heard Ray say this, but could be he did. I use valium, 2-3mg, only if my tummy starts to rumble like a pre-IBS attack.
It works and I feel that another bowel attack lasting many hours would be more damaging than using it, so I do.

Alright, thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals