Valerian Experiences?

ilpmusic

I get insomnia from it! Definitely excitatory for me.
I am glad I saw this post. I have been using a sleepytime extra time with valerian; I notice I do not sleep well as
other sleepy teas without valerian.

ilpmusic

I haven’t taken Phenibut, that agonizes GABA-B receptors though, and it’s associated with discontinuation syndromes.

The insomnia one gets from Valerian is uniquely non stimulant like, simply toss and turn. I’ve experienced it, but the effect also reverted back to sedating/hypnotic after time. Can’t say for sure why this occurs. There’s virtually nothing online either as to why, that I believe is conclusively strong at least. Even if I were to speculate why I think it happened to me, and what I think changed it back to sedative, is just speculation. I take time off from it, overall, it’s effectiveness online is rated so so. That’s because it can work great, then not work. Is that tolerance? I don’t know. Overall, give it a shot. Kava is good if you get the real deal, and it ironically upregulates GABA - A over time. Valerian, and Kava are bar none, the strongest herbal hypnotics. Chamomile is weak, lemon balm is nice, but no Valerian, Passionflower also hits GABA via mild MAO-I.
I add beef gelatin to the teas; it helps.

bcopeland

I will sometimes drink Sleepy Time Extra tea which has valerian root in it and it almost always knocks me out. And sometimes I will have vivid dreams. Love the stuff.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals