How to deal best with vaginal discomfort as a result of regular hormonal changes/imbalance & often occurring after intercourse?

Symptoms include: vaginal itching & vulvar inflammation & irritation, soreness, white lumpy discharge, sometimes dryness.

Is this a result of Candida overgrowth or could it be something else?

How to overcome this & simultaneously build a strong immune system and keep the intestinal flora balanced?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It sounds like a vaginal yeast infection to me. Semen changes the pH balance and that can make some of us prone to yeast overgrowth. I’ve used boric acid powder in a 00 size gelatin capsule vaginally for this issue to good effect. I will try to find a link and post it for reference.
I hope you get more replies.

Demyze

How to deal best with vaginal discomfort as a result of regular hormonal changes/imbalance & often occurring after intercourse?

Symptoms include: vaginal itching & vulvar inflammation & irritation, soreness, white lumpy discharge, sometimes dryness.

Is this a result of Candida overgrowth or could it be something else?

How to overcome this & simultaneously build a strong immune system and keep the intestinal flora balanced?
Do you supplement vitamin d and eat liver and oysters?

What are your temperature and pulse rate like?

OP
CosmicDancer444
Do you supplement vitamin d and eat liver and oysters?

What are your temperature and pulse rate like?

Despite there being virtually no sun this time of year, horrible grey cold outside, I haven’t been supplementing Vitamin D daily, I’ve been quite lazy with taking supplements recently & feeling ill mainly taking C, Zinc. I Eat liver atleast once a week but not oysters, there isn’t easy access to any or good ones at least, unless you go into the city...

Excluding the natural temperature shifts in my cycle, I usually have a high morning basal body temperature 36.6-36.8 unless I’m sleeping differently or unwell ...

using lube is very important. I prefer coconut oil. There are very few good lubes other than that, or butter, or olive oil. Having the man insert slowly is very key.

OP
CosmicDancer444
It sounds like a vaginal yeast infection to me. Semen changes the pH balance and that can make some of us prone to yeast overgrowth. I’ve used boric acid powder in a 00 size gelatin capsule vaginally for this issue to good effect. I will try to find a link and post it for reference.
I hope you get more replies.
I’ve been experimenting with using Manuka honey vaginally or Progesterone.. Both ways seem to bring out white discharge.. is that a good thing or is this a sign of me creating hormonal imbalance?...
I find the honey more effective & active, less irritating whereas the other night I tried progesterone vaginally & it took much longer to have effect & made the area around my vagina a little sensitive. I think the progesterone takes longer to absorb transdermally & vaginally so I tried rubbing a few drops in my mouth, on my gums & today just a few drops in water & swallowed.

Lots of people complain of the taste of progesterone saying it’s horrible, but I like it :) Is this because I have low progesterone ?...

So I don’t know now if it’s the honey, progesterone or other supplements like Caprylic acid I’m taking that’s bringing the discharge out...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been experimenting with using Manuka honey vaginally or Progesterone.. Both ways seem to bring out white discharge.. is that a good thing or is this a sign of me creating hormonal imbalance?...
I find the honey more effective & active, less irritating whereas the other night I tried progesterone vaginally & it took much longer to have effect & made the area around my vagina a little sensitive. I think the progesterone takes longer to absorb transdermally & vaginally so I tried rubbing a few drops in my mouth, on my gums & today just a few drops in water & swallowed.

Lots of people complain of the taste of progesterone saying it’s horrible, but I like it :) Is this because I have low progesterone ?...

So I don’t know now if it’s the honey, progesterone or other supplements like Caprylic acid I’m taking that’s bringing the discharge out...
I’ve used both vaginally and found them helpful. You should be able to purchase a test kit over the counter that would let you know if you are dealing with vaginal infection of some type. Determining that seems like a good first step. There’s lots of good input in this thread.
3464A865-708A-4580-9132-462959CADB0C.png

a lot of people are allergic to lubricants that they are using. You may not be using any, but something to keep in mind.

OP
CosmicDancer444
I’ve used both vaginally and found them helpful. You should be able to purchase a test kit over the counter that would let you know if you are dealing with vaginal infection of some type. Determining that seems like a good first step. There’s lots of good input in this thread.
View attachment 32930
Thank you, I will look into these :)

Phosphor

That definitely sounds like yeast, which is not only a pathogen problem but a pH problem. I would also guess that if you are using a lube, it is not one you are compatible with. I remember trying Astro Glide and was HIGHLY allergic to it. KY jelly, much better. I don't like oils because they are not water soluble, although you may find one that is not irritating. But how do you wash it out afterwards if it's not water soluble?

However, almost 30 years into menopause, I have found that, for me, bioidentical hormone replacement was the correct answer, but not taken orally. Bioidentical is mandatory, which will require a compounding pharmacy, and a doctor willing to do something a little different. Normally, compounding pharmacies will make up what is called a troche, that is dissolved under the tongue. But....your tongue is not what needs the hormones, right? So I have an Rx for a troche that I cut into quarters and insert exactly where it is needed, in the vagina, every night, and then washed out in the morning (douche) with distilled water, which in my case has an acidic pH because it absorbs CO2 from the air, but you could add just a bit of vinegar to get it slightly acidic. I find this makes a HUGE difference in returning the vagina to a "reasonably normal" state.

BTW, at one point I tried the vaginal hormone in cream form that the pharmacy recommended and I swelled up like a balloon on the first try. That is why the troche....I am not allergic.

For the yeast, many years ago my doctor had women take cprylic acid caps and take a tablespoon of argentyn and swish in in their mouth for two minutes and spit it out. That was for systemic yeast though --- which you may have and not know it. Doctors are good for some things, you know, and finding out what you have is one of the things they are useful for, if they can figure it out.

OP
CosmicDancer444
That definitely sounds like yeast, which is not only a pathogen problem but a pH problem. I would also guess that if you are using a lube, it is not one you are compatible with. I remember trying Astro Glide and was HIGHLY allergic to it. KY jelly, much better. I don't like oils because they are not water soluble, although you may find one that is not irritating. But how do you wash it out afterwards if it's not water soluble?

However, almost 30 years into menopause, I have found that, for me, bioidentical hormone replacement was the correct answer, but not taken orally. Bioidentical is mandatory, which will require a compounding pharmacy, and a doctor willing to do something a little different. Normally, compounding pharmacies will make up what is called a troche, that is dissolved under the tongue. But....your tongue is not what needs the hormones, right? So I have an Rx for a troche that I cut into quarters and insert exactly where it is needed, in the vagina, every night, and then washed out in the morning (douche) with distilled water, which in my case has an acidic pH because it absorbs CO2 from the air, but you could add just a bit of vinegar to get it slightly acidic. I find this makes a HUGE difference in returning the vagina to a "reasonably normal" state.

BTW, at one point I tried the vaginal hormone in cream form that the pharmacy recommended and I swelled up like a balloon on the first try. That is why the troche....I am not allergic.

For the yeast, many years ago my doctor had women take cprylic acid caps and take a tablespoon of argentyn and swish in in their mouth for two minutes and spit it out. That was for systemic yeast though --- which you may have and not know it. Doctors are good for some things, you know, and finding out what you have is one of the things they are useful for, if they can figure it out.
Thank you for your message.
We don’t actually use any lubricant.
I have a feeling it may be yeast infection due to imbalance of PH & Vaginal flora & Candida overgrowth ( But I’m not certain because of so many symptoms lately ranging from cold & flu, fatigue & achy joints...I’ve never been to the doctors to test for anything & wouldn’t want any invasive diagnosis poking & prodding especially down there; Doctors offices / hospitals / surgeries are breeding grounds for infections).

I have always had quite sensitive skin, I think mild Eczema as a kid, experienced itching, irritation, dryness in the pubic area especially with change in weather or wearing uncomfortable/synthetic clothing even shaving with a shower gel managed to cause a lot of irritation & caused the same issue I’m having now; minus the discharge.

All I want is to heal fully; so I am trying to pray & visualise that..Completely avoiding everything that may irritate me right now, sex, exercise, hot showers etc...
Onset of these symptoms is going on 1 week now. Aside from the itching, irritation & thick white discharge; my vagina is sore, dry & I feel like I have some bumps & skin fissures on my labia... I have also experienced thinner white discharge. Is this all still red flag for yeast infection/ Candida?...

What do you mean almost 30 years into menopause?

I’ve just started with taking progesterone; however I don’t want my body to get so used to it that it stops producing its own...

Only vaginal cream I’d use a very simple or homemade cream or lavender oil, Manuka honey; not on regular basis because I feel it messes with PH too & too much cream anywhere can cause more dryness as body stops producing own oils.. It’s more to just deal with these horrible painful irritating symptoms :(

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Phosphor has excellent input and I especially value the personal experience of going through decades of menopause. We could use more of that wisdom-at least I know I could.
I bought this boric acid in 2018 and still have some on hand. It worked better than anything I’d ever tried for chronic recurring vaginal yeast infections. I also attached a picture of size 0 capsules that you fill with boric acid powder and insert vaginally. ADC913D0-BBAE-4D5F-80CD-72C027745819.png B2F06115-1BB6-4CF8-93DD-753097FA42A9.png

OP
CosmicDancer444
@CosmicDancer444, just checking to see how your doing?
Doing much better, but taking longer to heal than I hoped.

Still experiencing vaginal discomfort - itchy painful sores on labia, dry vulva skin, fissures & pimples/spots...

Could this be Candida slowly going away or something other?

I don’t want to stress myself out over what it could be, I just want to recover fully & prevent things like this happening.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Doing much better, but taking longer to heal than I hoped.

Still experiencing vaginal discomfort - itchy painful sores on labia, dry vulva skin, fissures & pimples/spots...

Could this be Candida slowly going away or something other?

I don’t want to stress myself out over what it could be, I just want to recover fully & prevent things like this happening.
I’m glad you’re starting to feel better. The fissures, painful sores and pimples/spots description sounds like it could possibly be something other than a yeast/candida infection to me. If you are continuing to get better that’s great but if this lingers it might be good to have it checked out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals