Vaccine Passports. Is this the End of Society

Nemo

My university just announced vaxx required to register for classes for next year. Ugh.

You people need to get to know some professional gamblers.

I know MIT blackjack team players who've been living on fake ID for decades. If vaxx passports are ever really required (I doubt it) you'll be able to buy counterfeit ones on street corners near you soon.

grithin

My university just announced vaxx required to register for classes for next year. Ugh.

Sounds like something you could sue, or threaten to sue over. Generally the threat alone would incentive them to make an exception for you.

P

Peatness

I know MIT blackjack team players who've been living on fake ID for decades. If vaxx passports are ever really required (I doubt it) you'll be able to buy counterfeit ones on street corners near you soon.
In social science we call this resistance :):

Old Irenaeus

That'd be nice. How do the CDC vaccination record cards work anyway? Is there a unique number for every jab?

lampofred

There exists absolutely zero such skills. You need to be pretty brainwashed if you think you can teach american workers something that chinese workers cannot be taught. Any and all such special skills are highly guarded secrets in intelligence agencies, high-level government researchers etc. Not something you train a normal worker in.
That was more of a metaphor but on a literal note there are infinitely many such skills. Anything that can't be automated is such a skill. Like plumbing, it's not some fancy heavily guarded secret skill taught in CIA, but you can't call in guys from China or India for cheap plumbers, local plumbers are always needed.

“Individualistic people who have many personal cravings”... idk how someone automatically combines those two traits and states it so authoritatively.
Aren't individualism and having personal cravings the same thing...? How can you be individualistic and not have a sense of self with desires & dislikes...?

And I wasn't stating anything authoritatively, that's not my own viewpoint, I was stating what I think is the viewpoint of the people who are calling the shots for all of this that's going on. You are allowed to be individualistic & have personal cravings if you have beneficial skills that outweigh the high cost, like if you are a great visionary, but if you have just average skills then individualism is senselessly costly.

In a broader sense America & Western world has lost the inventiveness (the genuine "greatness" that "make america great again" is referring to) that allowed it to consume so many resources relative to everyone else. So allowing it to exist as it is any longer would impede world progress by increasing inefficiency. According to the people calling the shots.

That is my guess as to how world leaders think after reading various things. It is not my own viewpoint.

I live in Hungary and we already have them in form of plastic cards with a qr code which details the date and type of the vaccine or the date of the infection. Those people who didn’t get the vaccine, but had a state issued pcr confirmed covid (like me) got it also,but it’s only valid for 6 months after the infection, so those people will require the vaccine at some point which is ridiculous. We still don’t have regulatory laws in place for them though.

FitnessMike

mayku-T-meelo

Making children get jabs for common diseases is ‘necessary in democratic society’ and is in their best interests, the European Court for Human Rights (ECHR) ruled on Thursday in a landmark decision against anti-vaxxers.

A panel of judges ruled 16-1 that the Czech health policy that prevented unvaccinated children from attending nurseries or schools was consistent with “the best interests” of children.

“The... measures could be regarded as being ‘necessary in a democratic society,” the court ruled.

The judges dismissed the appeal brought by six Czech nationals who were fined for failing to comply with mandatory vaccination rules or whose children were denied admission to nursery school for the same reason. The parents had claimed that the mandatory jab rules violated their human rights.

“The objective had to be to protect every child against serious diseases,” the court ruled.

It said that the need for compulsory vaccination in the Czech Republic represented the national authorities’ answer to the pressing social need to protect individual and public health against diseases and “to guard against any downward trend in the rate of vaccination among children.”

Arnold Grape

Making children get jabs for common diseases is ‘necessary in democratic society’ and is in their best interests, the European Court for Human Rights (ECHR) ruled on Thursday in a landmark decision against anti-vaxxers.

A panel of judges ruled 16-1 that the Czech health policy that prevented unvaccinated children from attending nurseries or schools was consistent with “the best interests” of children.

“The... measures could be regarded as being ‘necessary in a democratic society,” the court ruled.

The judges dismissed the appeal brought by six Czech nationals who were fined for failing to comply with mandatory vaccination rules or whose children were denied admission to nursery school for the same reason. The parents had claimed that the mandatory jab rules violated their human rights.

“The objective had to be to protect every child against serious diseases,” the court ruled.

It said that the need for compulsory vaccination in the Czech Republic represented the national authorities’ answer to the pressing social need to protect individual and public health against diseases and “to guard against any downward trend in the rate of vaccination among children.”
I just read a similar article, but aren’t children fairly impervious to COVID? That’s the discovery where I live in New York, where there was minimal transfer of virus among school aged kids

tankasnowgod

I think @Nemo makes an excellent point (look up Eden Press, for example), but more to the point...... why would you waste your time and money these days going to a university?

Patrick Bet David outlined the problem pretty well....

Haidut's story is an excellent example of why college/universitys are overrated, and probably unneccesary at this point-

Jon2547

I realize its been said many times before, but it behoves us to keep saying it, vaxcines are used in population control, to put it euphemistically.

Mito

CDC703D1-D9A2-4F00-B95C-024E26374C88.jpeg

Runenight201

I listened to an NPR episode on the vaccine passport and was surprised to find out that they had been done in the 19th and 20th century in America because of smallpox, which at the time killed 1/3rd of all those infected, while the physical sores and marks left a person looking very disfigured.

Im dubious any sane individual would object to mandatory smallpox vaccines if the disease were somehow to ravage the face of our earth again.

It was also noted that black markets sprung up selling fake passports and even fake vaccine scars that individuals could use to illegally bypass the mandates for those daring enough to decline the smallpox vaccine.

cgh4444

Lol npr. Here pay us and donate for us to lie to you . It’s all good though we speak in quiet hushed tones and talk way too much , with your donations we can all be mental masturbating flaming pseudo intellectuals and pretend we know everything.
Vomit.

cgh4444

Also the false equivalency of smallpox to convid is pathetic. If you really heard that on npr and they had any shred of intellectual honesty they’d compare it to
The Hong Kong flu of the late 60s of which I doubt there was any “vaccine passport “ for. You know they are totally just trying to get people to get on board with that garbage.

derp derp they did it for smallpox maybe I think ...
Now we will imply You’re a racist disease spreader if you don’t want a passport.

gaze

Im dubious any sane individual would object to mandatory smallpox vaccines if the disease were somehow to ravage the face of our earth again.

i wouldn't take it. a lockdown in the breakout region would be appropriate for that virus though