Vaccine Coverup In UK?

haidut

Forum Supporter

dd99

I don't know, man. There's a line in the article saying aspirin killed millions in 1918... The whole article sounds a bit breathless and hysterical.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dd99 said:
post 100117 I don't know, man. There's a line in the article saying aspirin killed millions in 1918... The whole article sounds a bit breathless and hysterical.

I know, I am not fond of the article so much as I am trying to find out how legitimate its reported facts were in regards to vaccines - i.e. there was official coverup by JCVI of side effects, and manipulation of data to increased perceived effectiveness. The report they quote at the beginning is the second link I attached (PDF). The report itself seems pretty legit - i.e. quotes stuff that came directly form the JCVI as a result of a FOIA request.
I guess I was interested in hearing of people from UK are aware of this and what is the reaction there to this FOIA-based report. I can tell you nobody in the US that I have talked to has even heard of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salty

First time poster, long time lurker, but this one got my attention...

After much reading about vaccines (my intro into thinking for myself on matters of health, post kids), I find the original article above way too sensationalist. You don't really need to look much further than PubMed to get enough info to give one pause on the full potential effects of vaccination on the body. As to Dr. Tomljenovic's article, it seems that none of the links to the actual FOIA docs are working. I've never seen them myself. Just sent a quick e-mail to Dr. Tomljenovic (the one at the top of her article, assuming its still current) to see if she can direct us to the actual documents.

As to the aspirin/1918-flu connection, I find it fascinating to read a lot of the old historical documents on vaccination, among other topics like major infectious disease epidemics and general health trends, and I actually consider it quite plausible that aspirin contributed to overall mortality given the massive doses being recommended at the time (keep in mind, minus the K2 or glycine). Read the actual article by Dr. Starko (article), its quite interesting, there's plenty of corroborating evidence. Just seems like no one really wants to follow up on it. Perhaps keeping the impression that flu itself is a "major killer with epidemic potential" is more important (for flu shot sales at least) - not to mention that any admission to an aspirin link would make the 1918 flu epidemic among the major iatrogenic disasters of our time. Anyhow, some fascinating history there - worthy of a little digging.

On a personal note, this flu-aspirin link is what actually made me hesitate when I first read of Peat's endorsement of aspirin. I've since gotten over that and I now take some (325 mg) almost daily along with a little K2. No pulmonary edema yet...

Just my 2 cents.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]Salty[/ref], :welcome

Good to see you out of lurk mode. :D

:hattip

Salty

Ha ha... thanks. I can't tell you how much I've learned on this forum. But, yes, its kind of nice to actually say something and not just lurk... :ninja

dd99

Thanks, salty! That's very interesting.

Haidut, we've done every vaccination we've had to (otherwise my son won't be admitted to any of our local schools, apparently - maybe its a London thing) and haven't seen anything in the press about that story.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dd99 said:
post 100152 Thanks, salty! That's very interesting.

Haidut, we've done every vaccination we've had to (otherwise my son won't be admitted to any of our local schools, apparently - maybe its a London thing) and haven't seen anything in the press about that story.

OK, thanks. Let's see if Tomljenovic will respond to Salty's request for official documentation. I was also not able to find the official documents she references but links go dead pretty often, so maybe she keeps a copy for her archives.

Salty

Success. Tomljenovic replied promptly and graciously and offered up all the documents she references in her paper. I asked and was given permission to use her exact words and to post anything she gave me publicly.

Her response:
I attach here the zip folder which has all the JCVI minutes that I quoted. They are arranged by the date that the Committee met, as they are quoted in the text.

Since 2012, I have been receiving numerous inquiries from interested readers who informed me that the web links to the original JCVI minute meetings have been removed from the JCVI website where I have accessed them to begin with.

I also subsequently found out that the report I wrote was a topic of discussion of the JCVI meeting held on 3rd October 2012. I was able to retrieve this document (also attached) and found a rather amusing commentary on page 8. In this section, the JCVI states that they are:

"an independent expert advisory committee that informs and advises on immunisation policy in the UK but is not a policy maker and is not responsible for the communication, delivery or safety monitoring of immunisation programmes which are a matter for UK health departments and their agencies."

It would thus appear that the JCVI was able to contradict themselves in one single sentence. What the Committee has stated in essence, is that they are a Committee that informs and advises on immunisation matters but at the same time, they are not responsible for the communication of matters pertaining to immunisation!

As for the removal and archiving of the documents cited in the JCVI report, this action speaks on its own.

The actual data files are in a 53 MB zip file. Is it appropriate to post here or is there a better method for sharing? Want to make sure I follow "protocol," as a newbie poster on this forum.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Salty said:
post 100204 Success. Tomljenovic replied promptly and graciously and offered up all the documents she references in her paper. I asked and was given permission to use her exact words and to post anything she gave me publicly.

Her response:
I attach here the zip folder which has all the JCVI minutes that I quoted. They are arranged by the date that the Committee met, as they are quoted in the text.

Since 2012, I have been receiving numerous inquiries from interested readers who informed me that the web links to the original JCVI minute meetings have been removed from the JCVI website where I have accessed them to begin with.

I also subsequently found out that the report I wrote was a topic of discussion of the JCVI meeting held on 3rd October 2012. I was able to retrieve this document (also attached) and found a rather amusing commentary on page 8. In this section, the JCVI states that they are:

"an independent expert advisory committee that informs and advises on immunisation policy in the UK but is not a policy maker and is not responsible for the communication, delivery or safety monitoring of immunisation programmes which are a matter for UK health departments and their agencies."

It would thus appear that the JCVI was able to contradict themselves in one single sentence. What the Committee has stated in essence, is that they are a Committee that informs and advises on immunisation matters but at the same time, they are not responsible for the communication of matters pertaining to immunisation!

As for the removal and archiving of the documents cited in the JCVI report, this action speaks on its own.

The actual data files are in a 53 MB zip file. Is it appropriate to post here or is there a better method for sharing? Want to make sure I follow "protocol," as a newbie poster on this forum.

Excellent! I wonder how much interesting data is in these documents...
As far as uploading I think Charlie (admin) may be able to best answer but it would be nice to have this information on the forum somewhere. Vaccines are a topic that frequently comes up here and I am sure many people with children would be interested in reading about it.

Salty

Was having trouble with the upload. Thanks, Charlie, for raising the max upload limit. But it's still not accepting the file. Possibly because its a .zip file? Looks like I can attach individual PDFs. I'm adding one to this post as a test.

There are about 70 PDFs in the zip file. I haven't had a chance to read through it all, but yes, I'm sure there's some interesting info here. I believe its always important to go to the source documents for full and proper context rather than relying solely on the interpretations of others.

From a brief scan I don't see much that's really dramatic or evidence of an overt cover-up per se, but just more of what I would call the "authoritarian protocol" behind vaccination policy everywhere. Basically: signals pop up regularly that in some kids vaccines have serious unexpected adverse effects, but since its "biologically implausible" that vaccines could even do that (an a priori assumption), its unwise to study it much further because that validates the concern, and that would be damaging to the vaccination program since the general public is not smart enough to understand that. Just my take from a great deal of reading on this topic.

But still, I will withhold judgement until I have read through it all.

Haidut, thanks for bringing this up. I agree vaccination is a very important topic and I do have small kids so its highly relevant to me. Though its equally relevant for all adults.

Attachments

• JCVI-meeting-3-October-2012-COMMENTS-minutes.pdf
    183.4 KB · Views: 37

Salty

I'll post the individual PDFs as they were sorted in original folders in the zip file:

Folder:
JCVI Annual Yellow Card Data

Attachments

• JCVI 2001 2003 Annual Yellow Card Update vacc adverse effects.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • JCVI FOI Annual Vaccine Damage 2002-2004.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • JCVI Yellow Card Data 2009.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Yellow card data 2008.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 24

Salty

Folder: (docs in root folder)

Attachments

• JCVIcode of practice protocol 2010.pdf
    176.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Letter Chief Med Officer Re New UK Vac policy.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Summary- parents attitude research.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 32

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1974-1985)

Attachments

• JCVI meetings 11 Dec 1974.pdf
    551.1 KB · Views: 29
  • JCVI Minutes Measles Vacc Subcomitee 17th Jun 1983.pdf
    609.6 KB · Views: 27
  • JCVI meeting 3rd November 1981.pdf
    696.6 KB · Views: 28
  • JCVI meeting 9th April 1981.pdf
    465.8 KB · Views: 32
  • JCVI Working Group of Whooping Cough Vacc Contraindic 1 May 1981.pdf
    307.3 KB · Views: 28
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 1st June 1984 3rd meeting.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • PHLS Surveillance of ADRA to measles vaccines ARVI 84 3rd meeting.pdf
    177.6 KB · Views: 43
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 5th Oct 1984.pdf
    729 KB · Views: 33

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1986-1989)

Attachments

• BPA&JCVI meeting 26 June 1986.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • BPA&JCVI meeting 30 Jan 1986.pdf
    386.9 KB · Views: 27
  • BPA&JCVI meeting 30 Sept 1986.pdf
    778.9 KB · Views: 29
  • JCVI meeting 3 Nov 1989.pdf
    795 KB · Views: 29
  • JCVI meetings 1 MayA1987.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • JCVI meetings 7 Nov 1986.pdf
    702.9 KB · Views: 30
  • JCVI meetings 20 Oct 1988.pdf
    657.6 KB · Views: 25
  • JCVI meetings 21 April 1989.pdf
    454.6 KB · Views: 27
  • JCVI meetings 22 April 1988.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • JCVI meetings 23 Oct 1987.pdf
    768.6 KB · Views: 34

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1986-1989) - more

Attachments

• JCVI meetings 25th April 1986.pdf
    740.4 KB · Views: 26
  • ARVI 1987 1st.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 1st meeting Summary of ADRA 19th Sept 1985 to 10th Jan 1986.pdf
    392 KB · Views: 30
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 2nd meeting 1986 Summary ADRA.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 2nd Oct 1987.pdf
    889.8 KB · Views: 38
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 3rd Oct 1986.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 5th Oct 1984.pdf
    729 KB · Views: 27
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 6th Feb 1987.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 6th July 1987.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • CSM JCVI ARVI 6th June 1987.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 30

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1986-1989) - more

Attachments

• CSM JCVI ARVI 8th March 1988 McDevitt Minutes.pdf
    506.3 KB · Views: 26
  • JCVI 6th Oct 1989.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • JCVI 6th Oct 1989 replacement file.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • JCVI 6th Oct 1989.pdf
    334.9 KB · Views: 24
  • JCVI Working Party on the introduction of MMR 11th Feb 1988.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 27
  • JCVI Working Party on the introduction of MMR 17th May 1988.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 28

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1986-1989) - more (it refused to add this 3 MB file with the others above)

Attachments

• CSM JCVI ARVI 7th Feb 1986.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 33

Salty

Folder: JCVI Minutes (1990-1999)

Attachments

• JCVI MIN MAY 1993, READ THIS.pdf
    632.1 KB · Views: 27
  • JCVI meetings 1 May 1992.pdf
    500.8 KB · Views: 26
  • JCVI meetings 1 November 1991.pdf
    825.3 KB · Views: 29