Using Tribulus: Itchy Legs Improved Quickly

< Rain

Tribulus terrestris

I have been trying Tribulus the past four days in the AM. Rx 500 mg and pouring hot coffee over it for a few minutes – then adding sugar and milk. Concurrently using Pregnenolone; Tyromax and Androsterone.

My current benefit is my legs are not itching like crazy. I started getting rashes and itching about five years ago on my legs – which then turned into varicose veins. If this is cutting back the estrogen or histamine that is great for me – definitely more anti-pruritic than Clemastine antihistamine. I understand herbs are a ‘mixed bag’ so I’ll update if anything changes. I need to eat more carrot salad; and get some charcoal.

Effect of oral administration of Tribulus terrestris extract on semen quality and body fat index of infertile men. Protodioscin, the main phytochemical agent of the Tribulus genus, acts on sertoli cells, germ cell proliferation and growth of seminiferous tubules. This component is known to convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, which plays important roles in male attributes.

Tribulus terrestris Extract Improves Human Sperm Parameters In Vitro. The incubation of human semen with 40 and 50 μg/mL of T terrestris extract significantly enhanced total sperm motility, number of progressive motile spermatozoa, and curvilinear velocity over 60 to 120 minutes' holding time (P < .05 or P < < .01). Furthermore, viability was significantly enhanced by using T terrestris extract (P < .01).

Comparative evaluation of the sexual functions and NF-κB and Nrf2 pathways of some aphrodisiac herbal extracts in male rats. These results demonstrate for the first time that Mucuna, Tribulus and Ashwagandha supplementation improves sexual function in male rats via activating Nrf2/ HO-1 pathway while inhibiting the NF-κB levels. Moreover, Tribulus terrestris extract was found to be more bioavailable from Ashwagandha extract followed by Mucuna extract. Schematic representation of the mode of action of some aphrodisiac herbal extracts to improve sexual functions.

Thank You Ray Peat Forum for all you do !!!

Constatine

What is everyone's opinion here on tribulus? I've read of many benefits including increased androgen receptor density in the brain but I don't know if it is estrogenic or not. It seems to work primarily via brain androgen receptors (for the sexual effect) but it has many other mechanisms that we don't know of. I guess experience would be what we have to go on here. Also do you think Peat knows anything about this?